xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Author Topic: Xtreme firmware 5.0A and 5.0B for TS-H943  (Read 1794 times)

qent4977

• Archived User
Xtreme firmware 5.0A and 5.0B for TS-H943
« Reply #375 on: December 25, 2006, 10:07:00 PM »

Im still with my 3.3 FW i think i will hold on to it for a while. Noobie question though, if i flash my 3.3 with 5.0 do i have to use the enable disk? or i can flash it directly (mtkflash). Thank You.

andystyle

• Archived User
« Reply #376 on: December 26, 2006, 06:47:00 AM »

YO C4Eva, im having problems dumping/reading my original firmware. My PC motherboard has nForce 3 chipset, could that be the problem? what do i need to do to dump and flash my TS-H943a with ms 28 firmware? If you would explain the steps to dump and flash my firmware it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

lucho

• Archived User
« Reply #377 on: December 26, 2006, 07:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(wolfienuke @ Dec 25 2006, 09:07 PM) View Post

It is not the booktype, as I also am using a Pioneer 111D with official 1.23 Firmware. Pioneers automatically set the booktype to DVD-ROM

By the way, are you getting a "Dirty Disk Error" at all? Try a backup of Halo 1, since lots of people are getting dirty disk errors while loading level 3 - Truth and Reconciliation.

I already upgraded to 5.1 and the DDE is gone.  I was getting DDE on level 3.

ILLPLEASA

• Archived User
« Reply #378 on: January 12, 2007, 09:51:00 AM »

Just to recap on all my posts from this thread... In the following 3 posts (click on the links below for each post) I explained 4 different steps I took to making a backup of an original retail copy of HALO: Combat Evolved for Xbox using the Schtrom360Xtract v3.1 along with the PC SH-D162C DVD Drive with KREON v0.81.

Note that in these posts I reported the ISO's as not working using all 4 of my methods however since then I've loaded Xtreme Firmware 5.2 onto my Xbox and all 4 of my backups that didn't work with 5.0 booted fine with 5.2.

(I skipped Xtreme Firmware 5.1 because I was away on vacation during the time it came out)

You can use these posts as guides of how to make backups of your original Xbox games... Most if not all of the games on the Official Xbox 360 Backup Compatibility List should work using the method from the posts below...

I recommend using DVD+R media as I personally have had some problems with DVD-R media.. Some of you may not though and it may work great for you... I'm just recommending it so you won't have problems.. wink.gif

For those who don't have a PC SH-D162C DVD Drive with KREON v0.81 and want to backup Xbox 1 Games:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since you are using Schtrom360Xtract v3.1 and that supports the Xbox360 Samsung TS-H943 drive, I'm pretty sure that you can use this same method to rip your Xbox 1 games using your TS-H943 drive (as long as you have it in 0800 mode so that it can be viewed in windows)...

ILLPLEASA

• Archived User
« Reply #379 on: January 12, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »

The only difference I recommend from my old posts is that once you've extracted the files onto your PC from the Xbox then follow these updated steps to make your ISO:

**Note These updated steps will help to make the best possible backup. You don't have to use them if you don't want to and as stated before the previous steps in my earlier posts will work just fine**

- Use XbeFix 1.0 to verify correct .xbe files and fix the patched .xbe ones (if any).
- Download the Raw Dump Layout Files from the Xbox Game Disc Layout Site
- Run MooGUI 1.3.0 and make an ISO with the downloaded layouts plus the 'Pad ISO to 4.38GB' and 'Outer Edge Integrity Buffer 20MB' options toggled in MooGUI.
- Use ImgBurn to burn the ISO.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]