xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40

Author Topic: Maximus 360 Firmware Toolbox v3.0 - Flash HLG v78!  (Read 2450 times)

foaley77

• Archived User
Maximus 360 Firmware Toolbox v3.0 - Flash HLG v78!
« Reply #570 on: March 30, 2007, 03:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(foaley77 @ Dec 18 2006, 09:32 AM) View Post

I tried my VIA 6421 card using Slax 1 and 2 and the drive wont show up I noticed when I go into Computer Management the via card has a  near it and when I don't have the drive hooked up its fine I don't have any problems doing  Samsung 25's and 28's

Can someone help me Im getting the same problems as above I have done 2 of these drives before I just cant remember how i got it working.

Every time I have the 78 drive hooked up it gives me the Yellow warning symbol in Computer Management I think last time I got it working I just powered the drive the same time as pc using the executer kit once slax finished I press eject on the 360 and pressed the reset button on the PC.

donpatricio

• Archived User
« Reply #571 on: May 01, 2007, 11:41:00 AM »

First of all...my English is bad so have that on ur mind =)

I've tried to dump my 0078fk without any luck.

I'm using VIA 6421A and got the drive to mode B but when i try to dump my firmware the computer show the bar and freezes. Then after awile a message is pop upped..."Can't read the drive"

Can someone help me?

mwbuck

• Archived User
« Reply #572 on: May 21, 2007, 10:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(ryanmp32 @ Jan 8 2007, 01:58 PM) View Post

Does anybody have any insight as to why if I have 4 native sata ports on my motherboard, some of them may work and others may not to flash the v78 drive?  It is a weird thing that this occurs...and I cannot think of an explanation.

Also, to those of you that flashed it with native SATA ports, did you also have other things hooked to other native sata ports such as a Hard drive, etc?  (must have HDD connected somewhere to boot into windows) but I was wondering if you had them connected to the same set of SATA ports as you are trying to flash the drive off of?

I have the same exact freezing problem as you with the same setup. Dell Dimension 8400 ICH6 with onboard sata. Latest sata drivers and latest bios (A09) What's frustrating is that there are 2 people with the same setup who got it to work earlier in this thread.

I've tried everything, changing raid settings in the bios, switching sata ports, manually pushing in the disk tray, pressing the eject button 3 times, pressing the stop spin button in the toolbox, trying retail movies, retail games, tried toolbox 3.1b, etc but the toolbox freezes everytime I try to Raw Dump. I really wish we could figure out what the problem is.

NRG

• Archived User
« Reply #573 on: July 07, 2007, 05:14:00 PM »

Problem:

The tool box will freeze on memory dump.

- i have tried toolbox 3.1b and 3.0
- getting into mode b is not a problem
- sata controller is onboard intel 82801FR Sata Raid controller.
- I tried it with GOW retail disk in the dvd drive and it just spins and spins
- Tried it with the drive closed\openned.

Any ideas, i have other hitachi drives with out a problem, only this 78FK drive.

Telix

• Archived User
« Reply #574 on: July 09, 2007, 11:31:00 AM »

I was having freezes on the dump as well with my 78, but I realized it was because my onboard SATA chipset was Silicon Image. I went and purchased a PCI card with the VIA chipset and it worked right away. If you are crashing on the dump, it's almost certainly a chipset issue.

rfras6885

• Archived User
« Reply #575 on: November 14, 2007, 05:19:00 PM »

I am new to the forum and I need help bigtime!

My biggest problem is that my spin drive motor in my Hitachi v0078FK is broken.  So when I get the drive recognized by windows, after getting it in modeB, I get the error "cannot read from drive" when I try to use the raw dump.  I guess what I am asking is what can I do to flash the firmware if I can't even get any original disk or game to play or be recognized?  I have already ordered another drive with the hopes of replacing it (Samsung ms25, I think).  Does this mean that I can probably just resell the new drive I bought and simply buy a new motor from somewhere and replace it?   Any help would be appreciated.  I need to get back on to XBL.

volcomjon

• Archived User
« Reply #576 on: January 04, 2008, 11:11:00 AM »

hey all - im fairly new to the scene of modding etc - but have read up on all the info I need to know - and am halfway through flashing my hitachi 0078fk drive.

I can get it into modeb no probs using slax, and it is recognised in windows no probs - but surprise surprise the problem occurs when I try to do a RAW dump: "cannot read from drive"

after trying all the recommendations from forums - im still no where.

I am using a dell dimension 9200 with onboard SATA - from the device manager the chipset tells me it is: INTEL® ICH8R/DO/DH SATA

is this the chipset information??? as I have seen people mention the via chipsets and SIL etc etc - but these only seem relevant to PCI cards etc - or "aftermarket" cards.  could someone please help me diagnose my problem or give me some clues.

or let me know if anyone has had any success with a similar setup?!?!

I have taken a look on ebay at the sata cards - but am still none the wiser which one I should get  - IF I need one at all?!?!

IS THIS MY PROBLEM???

cypher21

• Archived User
« Reply #577 on: January 04, 2008, 01:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(volcomjon @ Jan 4 2008, 06:47 PM) View Post

hey all - im fairly new to the scene of modding etc - but have read up on all the info I need to know - and am halfway through flashing my hitachi 0078fk drive.

I can get it into modeb no probs using slax, and it is recognised in windows no probs - but surprise surprise the problem occurs when I try to do a RAW dump: "cannot read from drive"

after trying all the recommendations from forums - im still no where.

I am using a dell dimension 9200 with onboard SATA - from the device manager the chipset tells me it is: INTELĀ® ICH8R/DO/DH SATA

is this the chipset information??? as I have seen people mention the via chipsets and SIL etc etc - but these only seem relevant to PCI cards etc - or "aftermarket" cards.  could someone please help me diagnose my problem or give me some clues.

or let me know if anyone has had any success with a similar setup?!?!

I have taken a look on ebay at the sata cards - but am still none the wiser which one I should get  - IF I need one at all?!?!

IS THIS MY PROBLEM???

Do you have an original game/movie in the drive before dumping it?

If the drive is recognised by windows, then you don't need another sata card! I have the ICH8R myself and it works fine with hitachi drives

feroworks

• Archived User
« Reply #578 on: January 12, 2008, 06:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(yrrol @ Apr 11 2007, 05:27 AM) View Post

First of all, don't blame me. I know what i've did wrong and now I'm very concerned to know if there is any way I can fix this.

* I replaced my original firmware with the .bin-file you can find in "Maximus Xtreme v1.6 Firmware for Hitachi-LG v0078" (looked exactly like the pictures i quoted).
* When it asked me if I wanted to keep my old files on the Xbox I answered yes (may be possible to recover key?).
* The flash hung up after 5 min with 40% done and I had to restart the computer manually.
* I haven't any backup to restore from (Yeah, i know...).
* When I start up the Xbox the lower right light flashes red, every other of the four.

Any suggestions?

I have had almost the same exact problem flashing my 78fk. I got up to the point of about 80% through the flash. Then i froze up... and restarted. Ever since i have not been able to get my xbox's DVD drive to open at all... and the center light of the circle just continues to blink green. I just assume my Hitachi is bricked and ordered another drive off ebay immediately... I'm praying i will be able to switch the drives and flash from a fresh start without any problem. It was my first time modding the xbox 360 as well. I just wanted to upgrade the ixtreme that was installed by someone else. If you get any suggestions for a fix it would help me out as well. Thank you.

Nate_Z

• Archived User
« Reply #579 on: July 06, 2008, 07:56:00 PM »

uhh.gif  Ok Need help everything goes fine until i open 360FwTb (Maximus - FIRMWARE TOOLBOX V4.6 (With C4E i-xtreme 1.4 all versions) i   Open 360 Firmware Toolbox.
  Select Tools > Direct Drive Dump (GDR Only) and RAW dump Firmware as... lookk for the new folder i made 78 and save it there as original but when i press save it just gives me "Cannot read from drive" and my pc does recognize the drive and yes there is a 360 game in there im doing everything by the book step by step Help?

podger

• Archived User
« Reply #580 on: July 07, 2008, 03:30:00 AM »

This comes up every couple of months, are you certain it's a 78.... The error is exactly the error you get with a 79.... The has also been speculation that there is a batch of 79 with 78 stickers on them..

Nate_Z

• Archived User
« Reply #581 on: July 08, 2008, 06:34:00 PM »

I just found out that some drivers were out of date including my pci card or whatever its called and i remember reading somewhere that my drivers must be updated before trying to mod. Damn i failed to check that should i try again? now that everything is up to date? could that be causing it? or should i wait until i get the card i bought?  uhh.gif  Thanks  jester.gif

Nate_Z

• Archived User
« Reply #582 on: July 10, 2008, 10:55:00 PM »

I just got the card
http://www.newegg.co.....ard, Non Raid

But now i have nowhere to put it  huh.gif  i looked and looked in my pc and i cant find a place to put it. I also have a Dell 4600 and there might be a slot to put it there but i'm not sure if its going to fit, on my HP there is a slot that looks the same but its not the same size so it just doesnt fit.  ohmy.gif
Now what should i do? Any help please  uhh.gif

xplicit582

• Archived User
« Reply #583 on: July 11, 2008, 02:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(Nate_Z @ Jul 11 2008, 06:31 AM) View Post

I just got the card
http://www.newegg.co.....ard, Non Raid

But now i have nowhere to put it  huh.gif  i looked and looked in my pc and i cant find a place to put it. I also have a Dell 4600 and there might be a slot to put it there but i'm not sure if its going to fit, on my HP there is a slot that looks the same but its not the same size so it just doesnt fit.  ohmy.gif
Now what should i do? Any help please  uhh.gif

IPB Image
This is a shot of a Dell 4600 Motherboard.  The white slots are your PCI slots.  Your card goes here.  But seriously, if you can't figure that out, should YOU be flashing your 360 drive???????

Nate_Z

• Archived User
« Reply #584 on: July 11, 2008, 05:38:00 PM »

blink.gif  Anyways i installed the card everything went fine installed the drivers all set up, i went and did it but i started to get a bunch of errors "port is slow to respond, please wait" "softreset failed trying in 5 secs" "reset failed" "failed to recover some devices" and then "spinnig up disc" i eject like i'm supposed to and it looks like it goes into modeb because i have to eject twice to open and the green light blinks a lot like its supposed to and then it starts again with the "port slow to respond etc" but it looks like it still is in modeb cause the light blinks a lot and finally it starts doing its thing and finishes at the final screen and i reset remove the disc and reboot after that it will not eject again and windows does not recognize the drive. I tried to use a different sata cable but with the other one Slax doesnt even recognize the drive. So i'm screwed  happy.gif  i havent used my dell in a while so i'm just going to reformat get it up and running and try again tomorrow and i will also try again with my hp now that the drivers are up to date. And see how it goes cause i got to get it working.
I either mess it up trying or i get it done  jester.gif  if i fail i can always buy one thats already modded but at least i got to try  pop.gif
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40