xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40

Author Topic: Maximus 360 Firmware Toolbox v3.0 - Flash HLG v78!  (Read 2446 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Maximus 360 Firmware Toolbox v3.0 - Flash HLG v78!
« on: December 17, 2006, 08:56:00 AM »

Posted by XanTium | December 17 10:56 EST

Maximus published the official release of the new version of his 360 Firmware Toolbox(info) - a graphical tool to handle several common dvd-drive firmware tasks. This new version comes with support to flash Hitachi-LG drives including the new v78 and more!
What's new/fixed (since v2.0):
* Added: Direct Dumping of GDR3120L drives attached to PC. Also features a new RAW memdump wich is not fooled by the stealth method on currently hacked drives. Even can dump the nasty 78 drives all by software.
* Added: Direct Flashing of Keys, Spoof data and also Direct flash of hacked firmwares over all hitachi drive models attached to the PC. Even flash the 0078FK drives and newer (I hope). So forgot epoxy removal for now. See video tutorial here
* Added: Option to do a Smart hack on those "Rolling  Code" Firmwares like 78 and surely newer ones
* Added: Option to create multibank fw
* Added: Option to split multibank fw
* Added: Option to Spoof a firmware, you can spoof a Hitachi XX version to a Hitachi YY version, you can even spoof a hitachi Fw to report as a samsung drive.
* Added: Option validate checksum, this will allow detect proper and bad dumps before flashing

Known Issues:
* If the context menu is not shown when you right-click over a file just open the application and do Options-Disable Windows Menu and then Options-Enable Windows Context Menu.
* RAWDUMP does not work fine with SIL chipsets, be aware of use the validate checksum feature to avoid bad dumps and bricks.

Donations:
For support and sponsorship donations look under 'Help'>'Donations' in the application.

Official Site: n/a, by Maximus
Download: here
News-Source/Full Readme: xbins.org

olii1

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 08:08:00 AM »

May I be the first to congrat Maximus on this great piece of work. It's a big step for the Xbox360 modding scene!

caster420

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 08:11:00 AM »

Amazing - thanks for finally releasing it to the scene.

Caster.

PurpleHippo

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 08:13:00 AM »

Most excellent. The scene could not ask for a better Christmass treat.

Many thanks Maximus you are the man!

I will make donation as soon as I use this.

This post has been edited by PurpleHippo: Dec 17 2006, 04:31 PM

Syn3

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 08:50:00 AM »

damn just bought a programmer lol

maximus....we salute you smile.gif

donations on its way, a big big thankyou m8y!

xtreme_360fw

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 08:17:00 AM »

Excellent work Maximus and everyone else along the way!  Will test out and post results to reassure everyone.  I'm sure everyone would appreciate the same especially if you got more than one 78fk drive lying around.  Peace out!

=Xtreme=

maybill7

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 08:27:00 AM »

totally awesome.  I've been waiting ages for this.

Now in the past I've only modded samsung drives.  For this I plan on probably buying the X360 USB as I no longer have the via PCI sata card I used to use, although I could buy a new one of them if its preferred to the USB, but USB is much easier smile.gif

Can I ask for a fairly rough guide on how to hack this.  Is it the same method as you would always use with any regular hitachi drive?  so basically - I need a)PC, cool.gif Slax CD, and C) x360 USB or via6421l.

I've never seen Slax yet so is there any specific options we need to pick when booting with it in order to know its working.

many thanks

tinkertiler

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 08:27:00 AM »

Thanks for the program and thanks for all you hard work that you have done  biggrin.gif

Optics2k3

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 08:27:00 AM »

wow awesome.. to bad i baught another 360 with a ms28

caster420

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 09:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(maybill7 @ Dec 17 2006, 10:34 AM) *
t
Can I ask for a fairly rough guide on how to hack this.  Is it the same method as you would always use with any regular hitachi drive?  so basically - I need a)PC, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Slax CD, and C) x360 USB or via6421l.

Download it and read the readme - its all there.  Not much different from other hitachis.

Caster.

cklennon

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 08:33:00 AM »

My question, for my own personal information, is about flashing the 78 with USB.  I was always under the impression that Slax wouldn’t work as a method for getting the drive into ModeB if you were connecting via USB? But now people are saying you can use USB with Slax with this method and it will work fine.  Is that a new feature of a new version of Slax or was I completely missing something?

And if Slax does work for ModeB, why in God’s name would anyone overspend for X360USB when you can get an SATA->USB converter for like $10? From what I’ve understood, the only real advantage of X360USB is that it switches to ModeB for you, but if you need Slax for the 78 with this method, seems to render X360USB completely obsolete, no? A $10 SATA->USB connectivity kit would work just fine, right?

Hydro74

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 08:39:00 AM »

Thanks for this!
Good Job smile.gif

Hydro ph34r.gif

BasicAir

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 08:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(cklennon @ Dec 17 2006, 04:40 PM) View Post

My question, for my own personal information, is about flashing the 78 with USB.  I was always under the impression that Slax wouldn’t work as a method for getting the drive into ModeB if you were connecting via USB? But now people are saying you can use USB with Slax with this method and it will work fine.  Is that a new feature of a new version of Slax or was I completely missing something?

And if Slax does work for ModeB, why in God’s name would anyone overspend for X360USB when you can get an SATA->USB converter for like $10? From what I’ve understood, the only real advantage of X360USB is that it switches to ModeB for you, but if you need Slax for the 78 with this method, seems to render X360USB completely obsolete, no? A $10 SATA->USB connectivity kit would work just fine, right?

I'm curious, too.

I would hate to have to spend $50 for a device I will only use one time. The Slax cd may work for my sata chipset but I don't know since I haven't tried it yet. So I would like to know if a regular SATA>USB device will work.

On another note....

I can't wait to hear peoples' reports of if it works for them or not! I go to work very soon so I will probably be able to read a bunch of reports when I get back home very late tonight.

Viva Mexico indeed (as the about splash from the program says)! Feliz Navidad!

maybill7

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 09:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(caster420 @ Dec 17 2006, 03:37 PM) *

Download it and read the readme - its all there.  Not much different from other hitachis.

Caster.

I'll be having a good read of the docs for sure.  Unfortunately I'm not at home at the moment and using my parents login whilst there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

hmmmmm to the posts about x360usb and slax problems....be interesting to hear a knowledgeable response on this as perhaps getting a via6421L card again might be a better option.  I know that worked brill on samsung drives, but is it good with hitachis...as I know that some are poo for one make and great for the next.

cheers,
Tuck

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 08:47:00 AM »

the via cards don't work with slax.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40