xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Samsung Problem ? Ms25 - Any Help Appreciated!  (Read 45 times)

Talonz

• Archived User
Samsung Problem ? Ms25 - Any Help Appreciated!
« on: December 03, 2006, 02:24:00 PM »

Here is my situation:

I have an NFORCE SATA chipset – MSI / NEO4 MB

Samsung MS25 DVD drive

I ran Xtreme boot maker on a flash drive with Xtreme 4.2 A .

I rebooted my system, ran samread – no problem then ran samhack – again appears not to have a problem.  It did not give any errors and showed I think 4 different banks being flashed – Again it looked like it should have ( I think ) 

I had two ISO’s I burned .  1 with Pioneer 111D , 1 with Plextor 740.  Neither boot correctly.  Both of these ISOs supposedly were ready to be burned with Clone CD with no other intervention needed ( If you know what I mean (wink wink)).  Blank media was Verbatim.

Both burns go to the dash and say “open tray” .

I went back and tried to hook up the DVD drive again, but long story short:  I am getting Status = 51 should be 70 .  I can’t read, write, or do anything with the DVD drive now   The Xbox boots my originals fine though, so its not bricked, but what should I do????  How can I tell for sure if the DVD drive is truly updated with the xtreme firmware??  How can I change the firmware to 4.2b ( if you think this will help ) ?

Any help would be appreciated!

majik655

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 05:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Talonz @ Dec 3 2006, 12:55 PM) *

Here is my situation:

I have an NFORCE SATA chipset – MSI / NEO4 MB

Samsung MS25 DVD drive

I ran Xtreme boot maker on a flash drive with Xtreme 4.2 A .

I rebooted my system, ran samread – no problem then ran samhack – again appears not to have a problem.  It did not give any errors and showed I think 4 different banks being flashed – Again it looked like it should have ( I think ) 

I had two ISO’s I burned .  1 with Pioneer 111D , 1 with Plextor 740.  Neither boot correctly.  Both of these ISOs supposedly were ready to be burned with Clone CD with no other intervention needed ( If you know what I mean (wink wink)).  Blank media was Verbatim.

Both burns go to the dash and say “open tray” .

I went back and tried to hook up the DVD drive again, but long story short:  I am getting Status = 51 should be 70 .  I can’t read, write, or do anything with the DVD drive now   The Xbox boots my originals fine though, so its not bricked, but what should I do????  How can I tell for sure if the DVD drive is truly updated with the xtreme firmware??  How can I change the firmware to 4.2b ( if you think this will help ) ?

Any help would be appreciated!

FIRST OFF PIRACY IS NOT LEGAL AND NOT ALLOWED TO BE TALKED ABOUT HERE ON X-S  !!!   you more than likely will be muted for this statement you said..

I am going to answer your question..
originals work so the flash went 100%

now since you did not back up the image yourself then who knows what is wrong with the image.
you need to have the .dvd file with it and load that in clonecd   not just burn the iso image!
you will have to read more i guess!

next thing.. it flashed correctly because now it is not seen in mtkflash... the reaon for this.. IF YOU WOULD HAVE READ THE TUTORIALS!!!   is because you HAVE TO BURN THE enable 0800.iso file to a DUAL LAYER DVD then use that to UNLOCK the dvd drive from now on before flashing or reading or BACKING  UP YOUR OWN GAMES!!!   AGAIN THIS IS ALL IN THE TUTORIALS!

you are good to go.. I would not mess with anything.
you screwed up burning thats it.   read up on how to backup a 360 game and how to burn one.

Talonz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 07:26:00 PM »

So the fact that I can't read / write the firmware since I flashed it basically proves that it is flashed correctly?  I shouldn't make any changes to the firmware now, but if I need to I will need to turn on my PC, turn on the xbox 360 with the 0800 disc, wait about 10 seconds, then the drive is unlocked and able to be flashed? Is that right?

If I'm making my own backups with say a Samsung Kreon drive, then I really don't need to ever do anything with the Samsung in the Xbox unless I want to update the firmware?  Is that right as well?

majik655

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 08:16:00 PM »

yes yes & yes  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

1chriskathy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 10:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(majik655 @ Dec 3 2006, 08:47 PM) *

yes yes & yes  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I have the same problem after flashing to 4.2a

I can get the dvd drive to unlock to flash to orig.bin

can u help.

I see that i need to burn xtreme800 to a dl dvd, i tryed that and it still doent work, maybe i burnt it wrong?

it will play origanal game but when i put in a back-up it says
Unreadable. i Know the buck-up is ok cause i can play it in my other xbox that is flashed with 2.0

Talonz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 10:27:00 PM »

Yes, I'm in the same boat as well ... I've tried everything, but I can't do anything with the drive other than play originals.  I even burned a 0800 DL and it doesn't do anything, unless I burned it wrong as well (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Talonz

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 10:40:00 AM »

Hmmm...No matter what I try I can not get the drive to get past the error=51 , should be 70.  It appears to find the drive fine:  If I pick the primary channel I get the error=51 ( where the drive is ), but if I pick the secondary channel ( nothing there ), I get error=00 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/grr.gif)

skotty27

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 12:18:00 PM »

ok guys the answer to your problems is U NEED TO BURN ENABLE 0800 WITH CLONECD I RECENTLY HAD TEH EXACT SAME ERROR AS ALL U GUYS WITH MY SAMMY  i used alcohol to burn enable 0800 use clonecd insert for 10 secs and bobs ya mothers brother

1chriskathy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 12:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(skotty27 @ Dec 4 2006, 12:49 PM) *

ok guys the answer to your problems is U NEED TO BURN ENABLE 0800 WITH CLONECD I RECENTLY HAD TEH EXACT SAME ERROR AS ALL U GUYS WITH MY SAMMY  i used alcohol to burn enable 0800 use clonecd insert for 10 secs and bobs ya mothers brother

Ok do i put the dvd in wait 10 sec and eject, or do i leave the dvd in the drive when i try to flash? Would i put in a origanal dvd and then the bunt one so i can get past the unreadable part?

What is that part "i used alcohol" ?

Can you give me step by step please.

jabroniekilla

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 12:43:00 PM »

put disc in drive, wait 10-15 seconds, eject disc, boot pc.  its that easy.  alcohol is referring to alcohol 120% burning program.

Talonz

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 07:44:00 PM »

I think the firmguard is still preventing me from reading the firmware or doing anything else with the drive.  My next move is to try the rubberband trick to see if the drive will read the 0800 DVD.  I burned the 0800 DVD with CloneCD + on a Verbatim, but the drive still gives me ERROR=51 should be 70 when I try to do anything with the firmware..

Talonz

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 11:04:00 PM »

GREAT NEWS!

The rubberband trick fixed all my ills and problems!  Backups are working flawlessly now!  I am assuming if I want to change the firmware it will work fine with the 0800 DVD now that the rubberband is in place..

AMAZING...A silly little piece of rubberband (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

1chriskathy

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 11:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(Talonz @ Dec 4 2006, 11:35 PM) *

GREAT NEWS!

The rubberband trick fixed all my ills and problems!  Backups are working flawlessly now!  I am assuming if I want to change the firmware it will work fine with the 0800 DVD now that the rubberband is in place..

AMAZING...A silly little piece of rubberband (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

good for you talonz...

i also fix my problem, by powering on without the dvd connected to the pc and typing mtkflash w /m play.bin. then connecting the dvd and typing it again.

sandog

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 11:38:00 PM »

I was going over your post and i think i mite hsve the same problem.I have a sammy ms 25 drive i flashed it with extream 4.1B and it flashed good tryed a back up and it says open tray ......I know the back ups are good tesed in my other 360 Is the same problem you had if so what did you do to fix it...Thanks