xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: X360 Doesnt Light Up With Brand Hitachi Drive?  (Read 57 times)

Gazcoigne

• Archived User
X360 Doesnt Light Up With Brand Hitachi Drive?
« on: November 22, 2006, 07:15:00 AM »

did u ever try the origial hitachi drive back in the console before you bought the new one?

your x360usb may be faulty.

id suggest trying on some1 elses pc, or getting a sata pci card to try to get the drive seen.

if the drive works in the console it isnt bricked btw.

afroman279

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 08:56:00 AM »

yea i tried the original drive back in the 360 and it just gave me 3 flashing red lights, iv also tried the switch that controls the leds on the x360 usb.

would it work if i used the power board from the x360 usb and then just connected the sata cable onto another motherboard with sata conections?

afroman279

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 05:59:00 PM »

Tried it on another pc but the x360 USB still doesn’t light up and windows doesn’t recognise the drive, must have broken the x360 USB somehow, weird thing is I haven’t done anything different to the first time I flashed my original drive so I don’t understand why it wont work. One thing I noticed about my new Hitachi drive is that it has a extra white 3 pin connection(iv included a pic for ref) which is not on my original drive, not sure if it could be the problem as I have no idea what its for, any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks for all your help guys  biggrin.gif

IPB Image

jameswalter

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 06:12:00 PM »

What is the version printed on the drive you purchased off ebay?

jameswalter

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 06:50:00 PM »

Well....I was partially right....figured it was a 0032ce, but it looks like the seller upgraded the entire flash to the 0047 version.  Have you tried putting the drive in the 360 and see if it boots....without your DVD key it should still boot and play DVDs, just not games.

jameswalter

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 06:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(afroman279 @ Nov 22 2006, 06:04 PM) View Post

yea tried that just got 3 flashing red lights again doesnt even show dashboard.

But it is okay with no dvd drive?  Did you do the steps to figure out the error code?  They are in the pinned topics in the 360 General forum.

jameswalter

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 07:34:00 PM »

I would....how are you powering the drive when connecting to the PC.

afroman279

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 07:50:00 PM »

ok tried hooking it up to pc with x360 usb and still no joy...no red lights and windows doesnt find the drive...i gues i must have fried my x360 usb some how...would it be best to just buy another one or would a sata pci card be better?

afroman279

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 08:46:00 PM »

ok so i think i did something really stupid...for some reason i decided to try a game backup(even though you said it wouldnt work)...suprise suprise it didnt work and now when i turn the 360 on a get 3 falshing red lights again with error code 0102...have i bricked this drive aswell by trying a backed up game?

jameswalter

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 09:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(afroman279 @ Nov 22 2006, 07:53 PM) View Post

ok so i think i did something really stupid...for some reason i decided to try a game backup(even though you said it wouldnt work)...suprise suprise it didnt work and now when i turn the 360 on a get 3 falshing red lights again with error code 0102...have i bricked this drive aswell by trying a backed up game?

Have you tried checking things like making sure the cables are plugged in good...cause error 0102 shouldn't really just go away and comeback.  Trying the backup probably didn't do anything.

afroman279

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 10:11:00 PM »

man this just keeps getting weirder and weirder lol.. i just turned it on and just left it running for about 5mins with the red lights flashing then i restarted it and bobs your uncle it worked loads dash and plays dvd's again..then it froze playing the dvd so i restarted it and now its back to flashing red lights...

afroman279

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 10:23:00 PM »

Im starting to think that even if i get a new x360 usb and get my drive key onto the new drive it still wont work, seems the 360 has more problems than just a dodgy drive.

frosty0705

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 01:56:00 AM »

99 times out of a hundred 3 flashing red lights means your xbox 360 is fucked. i have seen this many times where it comes and goes but eventually it just stays that way. you could try the hairdryer trick as mentioned  numerous times on this and other forums but it doesnt often work.
i do not think that the dvd drive is the problem but that it is something more serious, possibly a fault with the gpu or cpu.

afroman279

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 10:47:00 AM »

Man that sucks...gues id better chuck it onto ebay smile.gif....once again thanks for all you help guys prob would have gone nuts trying to fix this thing without it  biggrin.gif

afroman279

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2006, 06:11:00 PM »

OK so ive pritty much given up hope for this 360, but today i turned the console on after it had been off for a while and it worked, strange this was that it had my original drive in it which i thought was bricked is this a another sign that the problem isnt with the drive but with something else on the console? has any one else had a similer problem that they have fixed? would it make any diffrence if i flashed my new drive and got in the 360?
Pages: [1] 2