xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Possible Fix For Ms28 E65?  (Read 50 times)

m0z

• Archived User
Possible Fix For Ms28 E65?
« on: November 21, 2006, 08:14:00 AM »

See this thread first http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=564689

No I just successfully flashed a 2nd 360 without an E65 error, the only thing I did differently was properly ground the 360 by using a piece of thick insulated wire with 2 crocs either end, one connected to the 360's chassis and one connected to my pc's chassis.

When I retried on the failed flash with the E65, I correctly grounded the 360.  The bad flash recovery method did not work, instead I did the following:
  • Booted to a floppy that was prepared with xtreme boot maker, ms28 options checked.
  • Turned on the 360 at the a:\ prompt.
  • Entered the samremod command and pressed enter.
  • Selected my VT8237 straight away without turning the 360 on or off.
  • Flashed it ok, tested it and it had worked.

I also experimented with various diff bad flash recovery methods such as turning the 360 off and waiting 10 secs etc, these didnt work.

Now I don;t know what went wrong as when I tried to restore the orig.bin, it flashed it, and when I fetched the firmware back off the drive as new.bin, it was the same as the other orig.bin, maybe something was corrupting along the way?

Either way, samremod worked and the final hacked.bin was ok.

When I compared the final hacked.bin that was created using samremod, this was different from, the first hacked.bin I got when I ran samread at the very start.  The key area was the same.

I'd like to see if anyone else has experienced something like this.  Maybe it really was the grounding issue, or maybe just bad luck?

Shozie

• Archived User
Possible Fix For Ms28 E65?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 03:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(m0z @ Nov 21 2006, 02:45 PM) View Post

See this thread first http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=564689

No I just successfully flashed a 2nd 360 without an E65 error, the only thing I did differently was properly ground the 360 by using a piece of thick insulated wire with 2 crocs either end, one connected to the 360's chassis and one connected to my pc's chassis.

When I retried on the failed flash with the E65, I correctly grounded the 360.  The bad flash recovery method did not work, instead I did the following:
  • Booted to a floppy that was prepared with xtreme boot maker, ms28 options checked.
  • Turned on the 360 at the a:\ prompt.
  • Entered the samremod command and pressed enter.
  • Selected my VT8237 straight away without turning the 360 on or off.
  • Flashed it ok, tested it and it had worked.
I also experimented with various diff bad flash recovery methods such as turning the 360 off and waiting 10 secs etc, these didnt work.

Now I don;t know what went wrong as when I tried to restore the orig.bin, it flashed it, and when I fetched the firmware back off the drive as new.bin, it was the same as the other orig.bin, maybe something was corrupting along the way?

Either way, samremod worked and the final hacked.bin was ok.

When I compared the final hacked.bin that was created using samremod, this was different from, the first hacked.bin I got when I ran samread at the very start.  The key area was the same.

I'd like to see if anyone else has experienced something like this.  Maybe it really was the grounding issue, or maybe just bad luck?

All i can say your extemely lucky mine cant even find the orig.bin