xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is It Worth Using Maximus 360 Firmware Toolbox?  (Read 46 times)

gamekill

• Archived User
Is It Worth Using Maximus 360 Firmware Toolbox?
« on: October 28, 2006, 06:37:00 PM »

I am still waiting for my x360 to arrive in a couple of weeks, but I've been reading through these forums a lot, to be prepared to flash it when I get it.

Anyway, guess I still have to find the mtkflash for my NF4 mobo (ASUS A8N-E) somewhere, still looking...

But then I stumbled upon this thread about the Maximus 360 Firmware Toolbox 2.0, and I wonder, what's it really good for? I mean, as far as I know, to flash my Samsung drive I'll have to boot DOS, do the mtkflash firmware extract procedure, reboot to windows, use KDX 1.5 to replace hacked fw with my drive's serial, then boot DOS once again and flash my drive with same mtkflash. All this while having the drive powered-up by the X360 console, and during the DOS parts, connected as the only SATA drive on my mobo. Right? Seems pretty simple to me. What would the Maximus 360 Firmware Tool do for me? Would it eliminate the need to even bother looking for mtkflash(nf4)?

Please reply, tell me if I understood the flashing steps correctly, and tell me the advantages of using the Toolbox.

THANKS!!!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)    (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by gamekill: Oct 29 2006, 01:40 AM