xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Commodore4eva's Xtreme firmware 4.0A and 4.0B for TS-H943 Xbox 360  (Read 1007 times)

Bananas

• Archived User
Commodore4eva's Xtreme firmware 4.0A and 4.0B for TS-H943 Xbox 360
« Reply #240 on: October 19, 2006, 11:47:00 AM »

Working 4.0a firmware here, just edited the xtrem41a file manually with hex editor then flashed my samsung, easy as pie, thanks!!

oohem

• Archived User
Commodore4eva's Xtreme firmware 4.0A and 4.0B for TS-H943 Xbox 360
« Reply #241 on: October 20, 2006, 09:04:00 PM »

Ok... two days ago I thought i was ready to hack my box.  I read the pdf tutorials, i grasped all the concepts, and all was well upstairs in my mind.

now this version comes out and after reading this thread i feel like im back at square one.  I am not lazy, im dyslexic, so manually editing hex files is totally out of the question if at all possible.  editing any files is actually fairly scary that i might read something right when its wrong and brick my drive.

This is what i want [however wrong i may be]:  downloaded these firmwares, extracted to a folder on my c drive.  downloaded x360sam or whatever, extracted there as well.  grabbed the edited mtkflash files for my via chip sata controler [in the pdf it was linked] i just bought and put them in that folder as well.  i wanted to burn the cd/dvd with ntfs dos and sam360 and press a few keys and presto, hacked xbox.  I realize it may not be this simple but after reading this thread I have NO idea where to start.  From what everyone is talking about now sam doesnt work, i have to pick and option for speed [and im using ritek ridata dvd dl -r discs] and i have no idea if my media is fast or not...

im just confused.  Sorry for being an annoyance.  Can someone please sort of re-copy the how-to PDF and modify it for these exact firmware drivers for those of us who have never flashed their drive, have no idea if its a ms25 or 28, and have no idea what files to edit on x360sam in order to get it to work with this version?

basically up until this realease i saw things clearly, now i feel as if im in the fog again.  any help is appreciated, you guys all seem very wise.  i see nothing wrong with those of us who want the simplest solutions, hence why i liked the sam method.  no manual editing necessary from what i could tell.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]