xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Switching Dvd Drives  (Read 157 times)

cilo911

• Archived User
Switching Dvd Drives
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2006, 03:58:00 PM »

i'm using opa's v2.1 7in1 firmware and when it backs up the firmware it creates like 7 files now.bin was.bin key.bin 46_21.bin gdr46.bin. they r all in a folder together only 2 of them have keys was and now key.bin i cannot open in kdx

how do i go about changing the key in this ver.

someone please help

thanx

ash1471

• Archived User
Switching Dvd Drives
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2006, 04:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(cilo911 @ Sep 1 2006, 11:05 PM) View Post

i'm using opa's v2.1 7in1 firmware and when it backs up the firmware it creates like 7 files now.bin was.bin key.bin 46_21.bin gdr46.bin. they r all in a folder together only 2 of them have keys was and now key.bin i cannot open in kdx
how do i go about changing the key in this ver.

someone please help

thanx

Hello send me your samsung orig.bin and your hitatchi was.bin and I will do the hexediting for you and send it back to you and then tell you what to do with it. Send me a pm and I will provide you with my email address for you to send the files smile.gif

cilo911

• Archived User
Switching Dvd Drives
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 04:32:00 PM »

ok sent u a pm thanx man

juavos

• Archived User
Switching Dvd Drives
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 05:55:00 PM »

So what about putting a hitachi key into a samsung drive, which is what I am still having trouble with..

I may not have to do it because now my hitachi is flashed with the 2.1 so it has fast booting just like the samsung.

Buzzar

• Archived User
Switching Dvd Drives
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2006, 03:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(slinkys4evrh @ Jul 15 2006, 08:06 PM) View Post

Yeah I actually did that yesterday heres how:
 Running the Hitachi in another 360

After restoring my Hitachi to the original FW-state I had a crazy thought of building an external DVD-drive to use with my other 360. My idea is to enclose the Hitachi drive in an external USB-casing so I can easily hook it ip to either my PC (USB) or my 360 (SATA). In case you´re wondering how I would hook this up to my 360 without having to open it all the time read my earlier posting about the SATA-extension I made.

However as you possibly know you can´t just use the DVD-drive from one 360 in another 360 because each 360 drives firmware has it´s own unique 16-bytes key embedded. So to get the Hitachi-drive running on another machine I had to do at least the following:

* Dump the unique 16-byte key from my other 360´s Samung-drive;
    * Flash the Hitachi with the obtained key from the Samsung.

Step 1 - Getting the key from the Samsung-drive
I used my earlier build bootable USB stick to boot my PC using DOS. I then used mtkflash to dump the FW of my Samsung-drive:

mtkflash r /m samsung.bin

After rebooting my PC to windows I used Keydrive Xtractor 1.5 to grab the 16-byte key from the FW like this:
Please Note: DVD Key shown is faka data

Step 2 - Preparing the FW-bin from the Hitachi
After copying the DVD-Key to the clipboard I opened the original FW from my Hitachi (orig.bin) and pasted the DVD-Key from the clipboard to the DVD-Key field. I then saved the firmware as "hits.bin".

As you probably know by now the Hitachi-FW has to be encrypted before flashing. Using a tool made by Loser named FirmCrypt I created a "ready to flash FW" using the following command:

firmcrypt e hits.bin hitse.bin

So there it is: the encrypted firmware hitse.bin ready to get flashed.

Step 3 - Flashing the Hitachi with the new key
After putting my Hitachi drive in ModeB using the SlaxVM solution I flashed the sector containing the drives key from windows XP (i being the drive-letter):

flashsec47_win i hitse.bin 90004000 1000

Please note there´s no need to flash the Master Checksum since the key is in an area of the FW not included in the checksum-calculation.

Step 4 - Attach the Hitachi to the new 360
After plugging in the power and the sata-cable (which leads to the motherboard of the new 360) and inserting COD2 it was time to fire up the new 360. And as expected: it works like a charm smile.gif

So there it is: My Hitachi drive works in a 360 it wasn´t "married" to before. At least this part won´t stop me from building my external DVD-drive! Still not sure if I go through with it.

Seeker2002

• Archived User
Switching Dvd Drives
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2006, 02:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(slinkys4evrh @ Jul 15 2006, 08:06 PM) View Post

Yeah I actually did that yesterday heres how:
 Running the Hitachi in another 360

After restoring my Hitachi to the original FW-state I had a crazy thought of building an external DVD-drive to use with my other 360. My idea is to enclose the Hitachi drive in an external USB-casing so I can easily hook it ip to either my PC (USB) or my 360 (SATA). In case you´re wondering how I would hook this up to my 360 without having to open it all the time read my earlier posting about the SATA-extension I made.

However as you possibly know you can´t just use the DVD-drive from one 360 in another 360 because each 360 drives firmware has it´s own unique 16-bytes key embedded. So to get the Hitachi-drive running on another machine I had to do at least the following:

* Dump the unique 16-byte key from my other 360´s Samung-drive;
    * Flash the Hitachi with the obtained key from the Samsung.

Step 1 - Getting the key from the Samsung-drive
I used my earlier build bootable USB stick to boot my PC using DOS. I then used mtkflash to dump the FW of my Samsung-drive:

mtkflash r /m samsung.bin

After rebooting my PC to windows I used Keydrive Xtractor 1.5 to grab the 16-byte key from the FW like this:
Please Note: DVD Key shown is faka data

Step 2 - Preparing the FW-bin from the Hitachi
After copying the DVD-Key to the clipboard I opened the original FW from my Hitachi (orig.bin) and pasted the DVD-Key from the clipboard to the DVD-Key field. I then saved the firmware as "hits.bin".

As you probably know by now the Hitachi-FW has to be encrypted before flashing. Using a tool made by Loser named FirmCrypt I created a "ready to flash FW" using the following command:

firmcrypt e hits.bin hitse.bin

So there it is: the encrypted firmware hitse.bin ready to get flashed.

Step 3 - Flashing the Hitachi with the new key
After putting my Hitachi drive in ModeB using the SlaxVM solution I flashed the sector containing the drives key from windows XP (i being the drive-letter):

Please note there´s no need to flash the Master Checksum since the key is in an area of the FW not included in the checksum-calculation.

Step 4 - Attach the Hitachi to the new 360
After plugging in the power and the sata-cable (which leads to the motherboard of the new 360) and inserting COD2 it was time to fire up the new 360. And as expected: it works like a charm smile.gif

So there it is: My Hitachi drive works in a 360 it wasn´t "married" to before. At least this part won´t stop me from building my external DVD-drive! Still not sure if I go through with it.

I'm trying to see if I'm understanding this right, for flashing a Hitachi 46D and not 47D as this example shows.

I Should replace the above like so correct?

flashsec46_win H hitse.bin 90004000 1000   <-- My drive letter is H.. but is this the right sector to flash the
H46D, and do I use Fashsec46_win instead of Flashsec47_win? unsure.gif  Or does it matter?

Seeker2002

• Archived User
Switching Dvd Drives
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2006, 02:29:00 PM »

Anyone? sad.gif

davbere

• Archived User
Switching Dvd Drives
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2006, 03:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(Seeker2002 @ Sep 29 2006, 09:36 PM) View Post

Anyone? sad.gif

That is correct use flashsec46
Dont forget that the key/bin must first be encrypted

Millhouse

• Archived User
Switching Dvd Drives
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2006, 03:41:00 PM »

Hey, thanks for the tut.

I translate it to german, get all files and all works fine.

Testet it on hitachi 47.

Mainboard was defekt. Insert the key from the new one and all works fine again.

diablofreak

• Archived User
Switching Dvd Drives
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2006, 09:03:00 AM »

i assume i can follow this guide to use a new 47DJ drive on a xbox360 that was "married" to an 46DG (bricked) drive?

rocky5

• Recovered User
Switching Dvd Drives
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2006, 12:14:00 PM »

Hey iam needing help with the hitachi 47DJ i have 2 of them now i want to flash one with a hacked firmware and the other with the original now can i do the following.

1. I flashed the new drive with the Maximus-Garyopa XTRM-HITACHI v2.3 Stealth Rev2 firmware and it dint work i put the drive in the 360 and it wouldnt play games i only have originals but it wouldnt play them.

2. Now i know y it dint work i never put my original drives key in the new one dint know i was to do that.

3. What i want to know is can i just get a backup of the originals firmware and flash it to the new drive then flash the new drive with the 2.3 rev2 firmware.

Will this work on my xbox 360 after i do this because the drives are the same just different keys.
Pages: 1 [2]