xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: 360 Aladdin: Toshiba-Samsung DVD dual-FW Chip  (Read 250 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
360 Aladdin: Toshiba-Samsung DVD dual-FW Chip
« on: July 06, 2006, 03:22:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | July 6 17:22 EST

Some confusion on the web again ... here's some real info about this '360 Aladdin' DVD FW chip, that has been around for a while already actually.
It's another 'dual' (or 'multiple') firmware chip for the Xbox 360 Toshiba-Samsung TS-H943 DVD drive. From what I can see it has 2 flashchips, probably one for the hacked Xtreme FW (to boot Xbox 360 games) and one for the Xtreme 008 FW (to read SS of Xbox 360 discs on PC). It connects with the eject and power points on the Xbox 360 motherboard so you can easily switch between the 3 modes (firmwares). Boot with the power button to load the C4E's Xtreme 0800 FW (too read SS of original discs on PC), boot with eject button for C4E's Xtreme FW (to read Xbox 360 DVD+DL discs) or boot your console with the controller to boot with original on-board chip.
The mod is installed by a PCB going around the TS-H943 onboard FW chip, so that means you'll have to remove all the epoxy that's around the chip first (which isn't so easy).
Unlike what some sources say, this chip can NOT boot any unsigned executables or games of a different region - it's a simple DVD FW replacement chip with eject/power button control.

zikronix

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 02:40:00 PM »

thats pretty slick...now the question is how long will it be before the make a tri firmware chip...

Firmware 1: Original
Firmware 2: Backups
Firmware 3: Ripping

Then it will only come that they rip through the network adapter...This says dream cast and cube all over it again.....SIGH....There is no use for this product.

TheRealPeppers

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »

more and more just keep pileing out of the woodworks this one would be nice if there was no epoxy sence if your skilled enoth to be able to remore the epoxy your probubley skilled enoth to bulid the equivalint or better unless it comes with some sort of crazy solvent

its little boot from controller 4 original would not sute me

This post has been edited by TheRealPeppers: Jul 6 2006, 09:49 PM

EnergySurge

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 02:48:00 PM »

Hey now, all of these chips are generally the same thing, but IT IS PROGRESS right?  and I don't know where to buy this certain chip, but knowing aladdin's history, I don't know if I would buy it (because the original ones would always give me problems, they'd work b ut the on/off from BT or whatever the point was called, would give me problems and the chip would always stay on sad.gif)  Anyways.  The price of this chip would probably be low compared to that of Global360 (I don't know what the price of that will be) or the NME/Underdog mod which is going to be like $51.50 USD :S

lex_luther23

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 03:06:00 PM »

All this is a bunch of people trying to make pretty much the same chip to cash in on the hack thats all it is!!

Blank

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 03:15:00 PM »

It was only time before something like this came out, but I wholeheartedly agree with the comment above stating that if you are skilled enough to remove epoxy, you sure as hell could piggyback the sst chips and save buying this chip. Yes, there are "modchips" hitting the scene, but they aren't doing anything other than providing more banks for the firmware hack or doing something pertaining to the dvd drive's firmware--it'd be nice to see an actual modchip (one worthy of calling a modchip) that can boot unsigned code. Time will tell...

This post has been edited by Blank: Jul 6 2006, 10:16 PM

xboxexpert

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 03:18:00 PM »

I actually like this chip.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 03:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(zikronix @ Jul 6 2006, 03:47 PM) View Post
thats pretty slick...now the question is how long will it be before the make a tri firmware chip...

Firmware 1: Original
Firmware 2: Backups
Firmware 3: Ripping

If i read correctly.. this chip does allow 3 firmwares.

if this is under 40 bucks.. ill most likely buy it.
too bad i spent money already ordering the sata cables to have them come out the back for easy flashing.

i800phyco

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »

Great now we have an Aladdin chip for the 360. blink.gif
However I do like how it fit's.

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 04:02:00 PM »

The only purpose these chips CAN serve right now is eliminating the need to flash/reflash to change firmwares between xtreme and 0800. All of the other "features" are made up imo. No one knows $hit about how LIVE will be checking this, or even if it ever will, so saying anything about "disabling for LIVE" is complete B.S.

I honestly do not understand why anybody would pay for any of these chips until more progress is made, and/or we find out MS$ response.

On top of that, installing these $50 chips is harder than just flashing your own drive for free...

I am one for options, and if you like these chips, great, but I just don't personally see the point...

bff_foeva

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 04:06:00 PM »

holey shit, is that chip solderless?Q!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!??

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 04:11:00 PM »

(IMG:http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i18/ka0sx/360mod.jpg)

works fine for me for now... i guess flashing from now until a real chip comes out wont kill me.

Andy Hewitt

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 04:20:00 PM »

Well its about bloody time !

Finally something has been released that actually gives an advantage over the free firmware hack.
Never again will we need to reflash everytime we need to extract a SS code and it looks professional and very simple to install. (Apart from the glue removal). It kinda reminds me of the Xbox 1.6 rebuild kit.

All I want now is this to be expanded to include an external Sata bridge on the outside of the 360 so i can patch in a Sata cable, choose the 800 firmware and NOT have to remove the drive everytime I need to get the SS code.

EDIT
Just seen the above post (wasn't there when I started writing)
I wasn't thinking quite so erm ...... "rustic"....... as the above solution.

This post has been edited by Andy Hewitt: Jul 6 2006, 11:22 PM

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 04:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Andy Hewitt @ Jul 6 2006, 05:27 PM) View Post
Well its about bloody time !
I wasn't thinking quite so erm ...... "rustic"....... as the above solution.

heh.. thanks!

im not sweating it.. them grills are like 7 bucks if i ever wanted to patch it up, but the HDD is always connected, so it looks stock normally.

works for me and cost... ummm, like 3 bucks for the SATA cable

lex_luther23

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 04:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ Jul 6 2006, 06:32 PM) View Post

heh.. thanks!

im not sweating it.. them grills are like 7 bucks if i ever wanted to patch it up, but the HDD is always connected, so it looks stock normally.

works for me and cost... ummm, like 3 bucks for the SATA cable

yes i agree phuck these chip companys that will throw anything out they can to make a $$$
Pages: [1] 2 3