xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Why Do My Backups Only Run Once In A While?  (Read 195 times)

nickbuhl

• Archived User
Why Do My Backups Only Run Once In A While?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »

Thanks for your time and effort Moda! My 360 worked fine on the first attempt, no calibration neccessary. But a friend's 360 would not read backups at all! I tweaked the pot down 200 ohms or so and voila! I might point out that in your picture, it looks like one probe is supposed to go on the bottom of the pot. But the two points on the top are where I took my measurements.

Moda

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2006, 11:15:00 AM »

one probe is supposed to go in the bottom mate, but if your getting the same reading from the top then it shouldnt really be a problem.

cONEction

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2006, 02:21:00 PM »

I have exactly the same problem,
Burned like 15 games on Traxdata DVD+R DL which is RITEK-D01-001

Now some games always work, and some only work when you turn on the xbox from standby with the game in it. When the game is booted and you press eject again, it wont boot the game, so I have to shut down the  xbox, remove the powercable for a while and turn the xbox back on.
The strange part is that some games on the same Media boot 9/10 time, and other games 1/10. mad.gif

I am going to tweak the pot i guess smile.gif

HomicidalMo0se

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2006, 10:55:00 PM »

my backups are read by the 360 but it freezes 1 or 2 minutes in the game. why is this?

i used verbatim dvd+r dl at 2.4x. blink.gif

and sometimes the ring of light around the power button blinks red. once it blinked on the bottom right only and the other time it blinked on everyone except the top right one. what does this mean?

Seeker2002

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2006, 12:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(nickbuhl @ Jun 11 2006, 06:10 PM) View Post

Thanks for your time and effort Moda! My 360 worked fine on the first attempt, no calibration neccessary. But a friend's 360 would not read backups at all! I tweaked the pot down 200 ohms or so and voila! I might point out that in your picture, it looks like one probe is supposed to go on the bottom of the pot. But the two points on the top are where I took my measurements.

Yeah, mine started out working fine also, it booted all my backups on the first try, but then like a few days later for some reason it wouldn't boot any of the backups just the originals. I never changed anything to the console, it just started acting crazy.. sad.gif  But now that I've tweaked it, it's working great!! smile.gif

chuffy

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2006, 09:25:00 AM »

is there anyone other than seeker2002 who has had this solution work for the .. play once problem?

chuffy

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2006, 05:57:00 AM »

Just tried the laser adjustment on my box .. all games work fine now at 3.2 , nice work biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 [2]