xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Trying To Dump My Hitachi Key. Little Help?  (Read 172 times)

ch0p5

• Archived User
Trying To Dump My Hitachi Key. Little Help?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(nuke field ET @ Jun 5 2006, 05:43 PM) View Post

if you don't mind, what is the exact command line you typed in cmd?  I tried several, and either got "access is denied", "fopen failed", or "invalid directory".

ok make a folder in c:\  called memdump then put the memdump_win.exe in there, open run type cmd when the prompt comes up type cd c:\memdump hit enter now type memdump_win e 12200 8 8000 firmware.bin   nnow go into the folder in c:\ and u should see ur firmware.bin 256kb

geebee

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006, 11:04:00 AM »

replace the "e" with whatever drive letter your 360 is!!!!!! Or you will be duimping your hard drive smile.gif

manwithastick

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 05:11:00 AM »

I have successfully dumped my hitachi using memdump, the slax disc to force mode b, and most importantly a sil3112 sata raid card. I've read a few tut's on it, but when I came across the raisethestakes site mentioned earlier in this post; that site said under troubleshooting: "1. Incorrect SATA chipset (Must be sillicon image).". So I grabbed my cheap syba sata card from newegg plugged it in and booted slax and there it was. That article worked to a tee! I was so used to working and reading on the Toshiba drive I didn't think a silicon image chipset would work, but that was the key for me.
Now I do have nforce intel edition sata and it not 100% native, but I was able to edit mtkflash using a tut I saw in Grim187's signature near the beginning of this post. It really was pretty easy following the tut. I copied the modified mtkflash, the mtkflash.typ (or whatever that other file is) modified bin, to a bootable floppy and to make things easy, I unplugged everything sata (changed from the sil3112 to the sata on my mobo) and put the dvd drive on the first port. 5 minutes later all was golden.
Thanks to this post, I got from beginning to end using the links provided by other fine members. Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2]