xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Complete Firmware Tutorial V40: Samsung And Hitach  (Read 1033 times)

kingkahn

• Archived User
Complete Firmware Tutorial V40: Samsung And Hitach
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2006, 01:08:00 AM »

@ geebee

many thanx for your great tutorial.

regards
kingkahn

XanTium

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2006, 06:31:00 AM »

Geebee released v26 of his Hitachi-LG FW install guide!
http://dwl.xbox-scen...orialv26Hit.pdf

v26-Hitachi:
Added: Crossed Wires Pictures and  expanded tutorial

tiderium

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2006, 07:42:00 AM »

Hi there i followed v 26 tutorial TO THE LETTER with the crossed wires now my dvd drive flashes the centre light all the time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)  and wont let me eject it  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grr.gif) I can see the dvd drive in the bios screen of the pc while it is like that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) . It would appear that my drive is dead but the bios screen shows it as there and the xbox will go to the dashboard (my box is japanese if that makes a difference)  there must be power getting to the drive as the bios screen can see the drive.

Is this what people mean by an xbox shaped brick or is there hope for mine yet??

And why can I see the drive in the bios screen but not in windoze or the linux cd
however last night I did make the hitachi the bootable drive on my system??? but I did lose all my other drives at the time

also If my drive is dead theres a company in america selling toshiba and hitachi drives for the 360 (thought each one was specific to its motherboard) if my drive is dead can I buy one of those and put it in???

This post has been edited by tiderium: Jun 16 2006, 02:45 PM

XanTium

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2006, 08:14:00 AM »

Geebee released v27 of his Hitachi-LG FW install guide!
http://dwl.xbox-scen...orialv27Hit.pdf

v27-Hitachi:
* Added: HD Method to get backups to boot

Seeker2002

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2006, 09:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(geebee @ Jun 3 2006, 03:30 PM) *

ignore the new section on SS creation on the Hitachi...its not working quite right!
apologies

Has anyone been successful in getting the Security Sector files working for the Hitachi drives? Extracting the SS files is correct, but trimming it is not. In the guide it shows you how to trim up to the begining of the file, but the rest of the method is incorrect. All is needed is the correct offsets for the rest of the file to trim down which is broken up throughout the file. I just wanted to know if anyone has done this yet, so I won't waste my time trying. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

This post has been edited by Seeker2002: Jun 16 2006, 04:23 PM

X-Clusion

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2006, 09:07:00 AM »

Someone with a Samsung and hitachi should get the SS using the samsung and the SS using the hitachi and that method, and search how we need to trim it correct...
Since SS extraction can't be done with the hitachi (as for now) it's not much use of applying the FW yet... (if you don't have a samsung too)

sofa king dumb

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »

just a quick question when you say quote:
Slax CD :
100% (if your sata chipset is compatible) 0% (If chipset isn’t compatible)
does that mean the other methods will work if your sata chipset isnt compatible?

geebee

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2006, 10:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(sofa king dumb @ Jun 16 2006, 04:19 PM) *

just a quick question when you say quote:
Slax CD :
100% (if your sata chipset is compatible) 0% (If chipset isn’t compatible)
does that mean the other methods will work if your sata chipset isnt compatible?

yes...modeb is completely independent of sata...you dont NEED a pc to put it into modeb.

Slax is good IF your pc supports it AND you dont want to stick wires in your 360.
Con. Kit is good IF SLax doesnt work AND you dont mind paying megabucks
X'ed wries is good IF slax doesnt work AND you dont want to spend anything AND you dont mind sticking wires in your 360

gerzand

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »

really weird stuff going on here.

I used the crossed wires method.

Backed up the original firmware with memdump for safe keeping.

Flashed with C4E's v1.0 last night. Flashed failed. So I re-ran. Drive froze up and wouldnt respond to bat file commands.

rebooted computer, not 360. Computer wouldnt boot with it connected even with tray ejected.

So, decided to reboot both 360.

After putting in mode b again with crossed wires, it booted to windows.

Windows recognized fine. I Attempted to restore with original firmware with C4E's. Finally, after 2 failed attempts, it completes successfuly.

The 360 now works again. Boots to dash OK with no rd lights.

SO I take my chances again and try geebee's v1.1

Says it completes successfully with DONE after each. And no failures whatsoever (took screenshots), but the 360 is flashing 3 red lights again. After trying to restore for the 2nd time, it says successful. But xbox is still broke. Ive repeated the restore 10 times, and even tho it completes, the xbox is still not booting correctly. This is using the same orig.bin that fixed it b4. I have it backed up to a thumb drive so there is no doubt.

Any ideas?

Thanks for reading. Can u c im not a noob?    (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

This post has been edited by gerzand: Jun 16 2006, 04:55 PM

nitrotg

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2006, 09:46:00 AM »

First off.. Great Tutorial.. if i can understand it anyone can hehe

Bit im still wating on my Dvd-DL so cant start burning just yet.

But about the Bitsetting for burning the games i have the Pioneer 109 and when i try using DVDInfoPro it says Pioneer not supporting.

Will i have a problem burning the games without doing the bitsetting thing?

Thx alot to all who maked this possible

Ciderdude

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2006, 09:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(nitrotg @ Jun 16 2006, 04:53 PM) View Post

First off.. Great Tutorial.. if i can understand it anyone can hehe

Bit im still wating on my Dvd-DL so cant start burning just yet.

But about the Bitsetting for burning the games i have the Pioneer 109 and when i try using DVDInfoPro it says Pioneer not supporting.

Will i have a problem burning the games without doing the bitsetting thing?

Thx alot to all who maked this possible
You'll be fine mate pioneer 109 has the right bitsetting from stock

tiderium

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2006, 11:25:00 AM »

OH SH!T

just went back through the tutorial again and looking at it the image shows the DVD DRIVE connectors not the cable ends!!!!  ohmy.gif so methinks I like a real tw@ have joined open/close to 12v  wacko.gif god I hope im wrong but I think not
Anyone know a way to recover from this? Or am I looking at replacing the drive?? uhh.gif

sofa king dumb

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2006, 01:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(geebee @ Jun 16 2006, 04:37 PM) *

yes...modeb is completely independent of sata...you dont NEED a pc to put it into modeb.

Slax is good IF your pc supports it AND you dont want to stick wires in your 360.
Con. Kit is good IF SLax doesnt work AND you dont mind paying megabucks
X'ed wries is good IF slax doesnt work AND you dont want to spend anything AND you dont mind sticking wires in your 360

thanks if i do this ill try slax first and if that doesnt work ill get a friend to do it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

pritesh

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2006, 12:56:00 PM »

hi i cant seem to get my dvd key. the 360 is all ready in mode b. in the guide it says not to turn off the 360, would it be ok for me to turn it off and try to get the key later?
thanks

This post has been edited by pritesh: Jun 16 2006, 07:56 PM

NeoKill

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2006, 12:58:00 PM »

I noticed in the current guide the list of supported SATA cards was removed but it says hot swapping and crossing the wires works 100%. I know someone else inquired about this but the response was not clear so does that mean even if your sata (bios) can't detect the drive, if you cross the wires to force modeb or hot swap with a sata cd/dvd rom drive you will be able to access and flash the drive in windows?

The reason I am asking is that my onboard stat (promise on an asus mb) does not detect the drive - thus neither slax or windows will. I tried hotswapping with a sata hdd but windows locks up when I power on the 360.

So before I go abd buy a pci sata card that should work I just wanted to confirm:

If your sata (bios) will not detect the hitachi drive you can still get it work with with crossing the wires and/or hotswapping?

Additionally, if you cross the wires, then should the sata (bios) pick up the drive?

Last, if you hotswap, does the drive go into modeb automatically or is modeb only required to get windows to actually recgonize the drive but you can still flash outside of modeb with the hotswapping?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14