xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Complete Firmware Tutorial V40: Samsung And Hitach  (Read 1035 times)

Toddler

• Archived User
Complete Firmware Tutorial V40: Samsung And Hitach
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2008, 11:44:00 AM »

Basically it means your house ground wiring.  Attach your 360 metal chassis to your PC metal chassis.  You can do that securely with a simple wire or alternately by touching the 360 chassis to the PC chassis.

steelaustin

• Archived User
« Reply #196 on: February 18, 2008, 08:39:00 PM »

a couple things
1st: is it absolutly nessecary to do the flashing by booting with MS DOS? Can't you use command prompt?
2nd: how can you get the code for a CD drive that is not the original drive for the motherboard? i.e. i have a 360 with a drive error it doesn't like its CD drive nor does it like any of my other spare drives. so there is no drive to copy the code from what can i do to overcome this?

cypher21

• Archived User
« Reply #197 on: February 19, 2008, 02:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(steelaustin @ Feb 19 2008, 04:15 AM) View Post

a couple things
1st: is it absolutly nessecary to do the flashing by booting with MS DOS? Can't you use command prompt?
2nd: how can you get the code for a CD drive that is not the original drive for the motherboard? i.e. i have a 360 with a drive error it doesn't like its CD drive nor does it like any of my other spare drives. so there is no drive to copy the code from what can i do to overcome this?

1: depends what drive, samsung requires DOS (and no prompt in windows) Hitachi batch files will open a dosprompt in windows:)

2: buy a new console you NEED the drive-key from the drive the xbox came with, no key will result in a non-working dvddrive on that console

MoNkLorD

• Archived User
« Reply #198 on: March 21, 2008, 08:58:00 AM »

I dont what to start a new threat on something that i am sure has been covered,

Anyways my flashed Hitachi - first gen (day one release date) 360 starting having trouble reading some disc, after it became more discs, soon it wouldnt read any, shortly after it fell victim to the infamous red ring of death.

I am picking up a new core system to replace this dead one.
1) what drive should i expect to find in the new system?
2)can i still use my usb dongle that i picked up way back when first flashed my hitachi?
3) if not to #2, what method would it take to flash the newer drives? i hear some of the newer ones are benq drives?

TIA

aiat_gamer

• Archived User
« Reply #199 on: October 16, 2008, 08:10:00 AM »

i bought a new samsung drive for my cosole since the last one kinda got busted,it was reading backup games in the old unit.but when i put it in my new xbox iget this message:PUT THE DISK IN XBOX 360 TO PLAY
do i need to flash it again?or can i use the key from my busted drive?(it doesnt work by the way)

evga

• Archived User
« Reply #200 on: October 16, 2008, 09:32:00 AM »

Hi you have to implant you old firmware key from the other Xbox 360 drive. i hope it helps got the same help from this super site and i'm basically a pro here now  rolleyes.gif  untill the new drives came (liteon)  uhh.gif .

just.walk_er

• Archived User
« Reply #201 on: October 18, 2008, 07:50:00 PM »

Hello.  I've been following the Textbook and I've ran in to a problem.  

I'm at the part where it says "Use either the CD that came with your computer/SATA card, or use the manufacturerÂ’s web site to install the latest drivers."  

My problem is that when I try running the driver I got from the manufacturer's website, I get an error message which reads "Sorry, the install wizard can't find the supported hardware in your system.  You should check your hardware and try again.  PLease press OK to terminate the install wizard."

I have a VIA 8237R.  I've been searching the internet for info on how to fix this, but I've come up empty handed.  Any help would be appreciated.

BenieUK

• Archived User
« Reply #202 on: December 02, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »

This means you have the wrong driver for your hardware

tyfin85

• Archived User
« Reply #203 on: May 19, 2009, 12:25:00 PM »

Here's a question regarding firmware keys..

Once I've implanted an "original" firmware key into a NEW drive, does that key stay with the new drive?

I ask because I had my drive swapped, and implanted with the original drive's key. But I don't have the original drive laying around. Do I have to extract the key from the original drive again? Or does it stay with the swapped one?

Thanks in advance..

Takashi

• Archived User
« Reply #204 on: May 19, 2009, 12:27:00 PM »

The drive that's in there, is working? is playing games?
then yes, it's the right key, and yes, you can just read that one to create the new firmware.

You better read some tutorials.

tyfin85

• Archived User
« Reply #205 on: May 19, 2009, 12:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(Takashi @ May 19 2009, 10:19 AM) *

The drive that's in there, is working? is playing games?
then yes, it's the right key, and yes, you can just read that one to create the new firmware.

You better read some tutorials.

lol thanks.. I plan to.

My friend modded my system before.. I just wanted to make sure it's possible to do without my original drive before I get into anything.

Takashi

• Archived User
« Reply #206 on: May 19, 2009, 12:43:00 PM »

Most important thing is saving the files it dumps.
Make sure you read up on spoofing, because the drive label will
read one thing, but when read/dumped, it'll be spoofed as the original drive model name.
The motherboard is expecting to see that drive model in there, so spoofing comes into play.

alwaysonjohn

• Archived User
« Reply #207 on: November 02, 2009, 12:30:00 AM »

i just read this guide for a good laugh.  maybe we should start directing people to the jungleflasher tutorial!!!! The front page tutorials still lists this and other old guides!

emaborsa

• Archived User
« Reply #208 on: November 14, 2009, 04:25:00 AM »

Hi, i need help to flash a 0079LG. i already flashed many many sammy, benq liteon, LG. more then 500. But now i have this 0079 and i'm going crazy. I have my VIA 6421. if i start in dos with a pen drive andlaunch dosflash, the 0079 will not be recognised. So i tryied with the last slax, but the same. only one time i launched slax many times, so dosflash recognised the 0079 on sata port A000. then i went back in win, launched JF, but A000 was not under the port that i could choose.....
I tryied with passkey too, but nothing.....it didn't work. mad.gif
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]