xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: There Is A Pci Sata Adapter Reported To Work  (Read 918 times)

plasticintellectual

• Archived User
There Is A Pci Sata Adapter Reported To Work
« Reply #195 on: December 12, 2007, 01:05:00 AM »

I've been trying to find the answer in this thread, but can't. I just got a VIA6421a and have an onboard sil3114..... but niether will detect the drive(samsung) in windows(flashing was easy). Any ideas?

This post has been edited by plasticintellectual: Dec 12 2007, 09:05 AM

kronik4200

• Archived User
« Reply #196 on: May 01, 2008, 12:39:00 PM »

I'm sorry if this questions has been asked I've looked through the 19pages but couldn't find an answer I have a pci to sata card VIA VT6421A it has sata ports on the outside and 2 sata ports on the inside I've seen a lot of info about the via VT6421 pci card working but nothing about the VT6421A unless I'm an idiot and the A at the end doesn't matter if anybody can help thank you in advance

I'm sorry I shoudl have been a little clearer I seen people that said they have the via 6421a chipset but I've only seen maybe 2 that said it actually worked if it does work can somebody please provide with all the steps in order to make it work thank you I have a hitachi drive

FilthySeabass

• Archived User
« Reply #197 on: August 09, 2008, 08:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(kronik4200 @ May 1 2008, 03:15 PM) View Post

I'm sorry if this questions has been asked I've looked through the 19pages but couldn't find an answer I have a pci to sata card VIA VT6421A it has sata ports on the outside and 2 sata ports on the inside I've seen a lot of info about the via VT6421 pci card working but nothing about the VT6421A unless I'm an idiot and the A at the end doesn't matter if anybody can help thank you in advance

I'm sorry I shoudl have been a little clearer I seen people that said they have the via 6421a chipset but I've only seen maybe 2 that said it actually worked if it does work can somebody please provide with all the steps in order to make it work thank you I have a hitachi drive

It should work just fine and the method doesnt change. The best thing to do is just give it a try. You will want to use the inside port farthest from the back of the computer. Just try and dump the FW and post your results.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]