xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Kiosk Dvd Wmv Thread  (Read 554 times)

wmadoss

• Archived User
Kiosk Dvd Wmv Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2006, 03:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(gromit182 @ Jan 5 2006, 11:52 PM) *

Could this be why MS doesn't support playing WMVHD dvd's? huh.gif  Perhaps the dvd drive can't keep up with the HD content.

Drive speed isnt a problem.

The drive could easily keep up with even a ts stream at 20Mbps bitrate.
Seing how wmvhd is way below it isnt a problem with the drive speed.
It will basically need to spin at around 1x or 2x.

greatdevourer

• Archived User
Kiosk Dvd Wmv Thread
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2006, 12:43:00 PM »

Does anyone know about how the 360 accesses external drives? I presume it goes to hdd0-9, but if anyone has any more details on this it would be much more helpful, as renaming a file to xboxplay.wmv or whatever is much easier (and cheaper) than burning multiple DVDs

Mad Reason

• Archived User
Kiosk Dvd Wmv Thread
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2006, 12:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(greatdevourer @ Jan 16 2006, 02:43 PM) View Post

Does anyone know about how the 360 accesses external drives? I presume it goes to hdd0-9, but if anyone has any more details on this it would be much more helpful, as renaming a file to xboxplay.wmv or whatever is much easier (and cheaper) than burning multiple DVDs

good idea

it would be great to be able to use the kiosk disc to point to WMVHD's on an external USB 2.0 HDD.

BTW - I burned a WMV greater than 2GB and it appeared to work just fine, although I haven't watched the whole movie through.

PedrosPad

• Archived User
Kiosk Dvd Wmv Thread
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2006, 04:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(greatdevourer @ Jan 16 2006, 09:43 PM) View Post

Saw these details in another thread:
Drive Names on Development and Retail Consoles (by JSR):

dvd:\ or a:\
--->Root of the DVD drive and the emulated DVD drive.

devkit:\ or e:\
--->Root of the development partition on devkits.

hdd:\
--->Root of the title hierarchy on the retail partition of the hard drive.

mu0:\ and mu1:\
--->Root of user area on memory units. Not available during runtime. Retail memory units will have a minimum capacity of 64MB with 8MB reserved for system use.

game:\ or d:\
--->Root of the game disc or emulated game disk.

cache:\
--->Scratch partition allocated by the system to the game. The cache partition is always stored on the retail hard drive and is not available if the hard drive is not attached. The size of the cache partition available to the title is 2GB.

Tools for injecting files onto the MemPaks now exist.  So, although the list above doesn't seem to cover USB drives, we could test the technique using a small WMV on a MemPak.  e.g. "Blah=mu0:\myMovie.wmv".  "Root of user area on memory units. Not available during runtime." doesn't sound promising, but then the Kiosk disk does program MemPaks itself, so maybe this'll be an exception.  unsure.gif

dojoman

• Archived User
Kiosk Dvd Wmv Thread
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2006, 09:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(Mad Reason @ Jan 17 2006, 08:20 PM) *

good idea

it would be great to be able to use the kiosk disc to point to WMVHD's on an external USB 2.0 HDD.

BTW - I burned a WMV greater than 2GB and it appeared to work just fine, although I haven't watched the whole movie through.

What movie do you have over 2GB? I can't find any movies except the clips from WMVHD.com and DVDs from Amazon.com. The DVDs have DRM enable so I cannot play it on xbox.

krwz

• Archived User
Kiosk Dvd Wmv Thread
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2006, 10:10:00 AM »

Thanks for the info!

I've managed to edit items / screenshots / text on the dashboard but how do you edit the text on the blades?  Thanks!

rg807

• Archived User
Kiosk Dvd Wmv Thread
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2006, 09:22:00 PM »

New free tool creates WMV files from DVD's www.dvd-wmv.com

This is the best tool I have used to date.

ownagesbot

• Archived User
Kiosk Dvd Wmv Thread
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2006, 02:33:00 PM »

So, if I put a backup of say PGR 3, in the demos folder, and altered the correct setup ini, would it run on my X360?

Also, does the kiosk only work with not-updated X360's?

Sorry, i'm a bit of a noob at all this smile.gif.

troist

• Archived User
Kiosk Dvd Wmv Thread
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2006, 05:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(ownagesbot @ Mar 7 2006, 09:40 PM) View Post

So, if I put a backup of say PGR 3, in the demos folder, and altered the correct setup ini, would it run on my X360?

Also, does the kiosk only work with not-updated X360's?

Sorry, i'm a bit of a noob at all this smile.gif.

wrong topic, but that doesn't work. it still does a media check on the .xex or .exe (.exe is only for the kiosk disc i think though) and you're running the executable off the wrong media type so it fails.
Pages: 1 2 [3]