xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Colombian Hackers Remove Ping Limit On Retail 360  (Read 284 times)

Aldanga

• Archived User
Colombian Hackers Remove Ping Limit On Retail 360
« on: June 27, 2011, 05:50:00 PM »

They can't remove the ping limit from the kernel without compromising the HV, and I'm quite certain they didn't manage that. If they have found a way around the ping limit, I think it's more likely that it was accomplished with a MITM setup—and I'm not sure if that's possible as I know absolutely nothing about the 360's network security.

The video is such poor quality and the area surrounding the television basically impossible to distinguish that I find it hard to believe. Does the speaking in the video describe the supposed process they used?

ruciz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 11:04:00 AM »

would be nice if they did find any sort of kernel exploit. It would be even nicer if it could be expanded on to do more than remove/fool a ping limit.

I however doubt this is the case. I see no reason why someone would spend $111 on a ping remover that could be shutdown at any time by MS, when XBL for 3 years is ~$120 and offers a LOT more gameplay than Xlink/LAN connections, and don't require a computer server running on your LAN when your gaming. Just my opinion. Been almost a month now and no update too.

Maybe if it worked and they sold it for $30 people would be interested.

Morning Call

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »

$110 is an awful lot considering you can just reset glitch your console for much less then that lol