xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 12611 Kinect Dash, Some Dlc Won't Work Without Live  (Read 207 times)

Jaguarius

• Archived User
12611 Kinect Dash, Some Dlc Won't Work Without Live
« on: November 29, 2010, 08:02:00 AM »

Hey all,

I have happily been running freeboot 0.32 for some time, and all of my DLC (which is XM360 unlocked) has been working well. NFS:HP came along with it's AP25 check so I updated to the kinect dash. I also have a friend who just bought a JTAG, and it came with Kinect.

For both of us, RBN (Rock Band Network) and Puzzle Quest 2 will not work with the new dash, but were working with the previous dash. They all show up as demos, but Xm360 confirms they ARE unlocked.

I can't believe there aren't hundreds of posts with similar DLC problems for Kinect Dash, but I have been googling for hours and I can't find anything about how to fix this.

I remember reading that the Kinect Dash would not allow some content unless you were on live, but I assumed this must have been patched - after all, in what way is this a working freeboot update if some some of the DLC doesn't work (and more going forward I would imagine)?

When I choose a song from RBN in Rock Band, it shows as a "demo" and when clicked it tells me that the song has been blocked by my parental controls - the only thing I have enabled in Parental controls is blocking Live. Is there a solution to this?

Chris010877

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »

just so nobody else goes around in circles, here are the reasons why rbn songs might not be showing up

1. dashlaunch is install with content patching turned on, turn it off
2. dashlaunch is installed with old kxam.patch on hdd, delete it
3. rbn content files might have FFFFFFFFFFFFFF in the XUID (only known to be 28 songs), use avatarpatch to reset it to 000000000000 's.

seanr28

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 04:57:00 PM »

thi is strange, I have just had a similar issue, some games there were working (XBL) are now only playing as demos! yet I have played them on the same console and hard disk in full versions, also using the kinect dash.  

Does this also sound like a dashlaunch issue?

Jaguarius

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 10:33:00 PM »

Hey all,

Chris010877 has it dead on the money. Do not enable the content patching option, and your issues will be fixed. When you go to each RBN song in the rock band song selection, you will see the demo cover disappear and the proper cover will appear. The song will now work.

Puzzle quest 2 confirmed working as well.

thanks!