xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Remove Ap25 From Iso? Jtag  (Read 174 times)

bnevets27

• Archived User
Remove Ap25 From Iso? Jtag
« on: November 16, 2010, 05:11:00 AM »

Can the ap25 update be removed from the game files and played on a jtag console? I don't want to update at the moment but would like to play the new games. I'm currently on freeboot 9199. I saw someone mention X360GameHack. Does this work? Or is there a better way?

EDIT: Also just read that all I have to do is update to dash launch 2.05 and it will by pass the ap25 checks. Can someone confirm that?

This post has been edited by bnevets27: Nov 16 2010, 01:15 PM

wololoo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 07:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(bnevets27 @ Nov 16 2010, 01:11 PM) *

Can the ap25 update be removed from the game files and played on a jtag console? I don't want to update at the moment but would like to play the new games. I'm currently on freeboot 9199. I saw someone mention X360GameHack. Does this work? Or is there a better way?

EDIT: Also just read that all I have to do is update to dash launch 2.05 and it will by pass the ap25 checks. Can someone confirm that?

the new dashlaunch is only for the new freeboot dash. I'm in a similar situation, so i'm searching a tool to patch xex to remove ap2.5 check (as someone already done with ac:brotherhood and hot pursuit)

MadBoxer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 12:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(bnevets27 @ Nov 16 2010, 04:11 AM) *

I haven't jtag'd with the new dash yet, I will be doing my first today. I have backed up fable III on a 9199 jtag and it launches fine. I'm not sure about AC:B because I don't own that game. I'm assuming as long as the game launches on the older dash, it should work because the older dash doesn't have ap2.5 enabled.

My process is:
1. Back up the game to ISO
2. Extract the game to a USB drive with iso explorer
3. Rename the "$systemupdate" folder to "RENAME-$systemupdate"

scum2000

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 12:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(MadBoxer @ Nov 19 2010, 09:20 PM) *

I haven't jtag'd with the new dash yet, I will be doing my first today. I have backed up fable III on a 9199 jtag and it launches fine. I'm not sure about AC:B because I don't own that game. I'm assuming as long as the game launches on the older dash, it should work because the older dash doesn't have ap2.5 enabled.

My process is:
1. Back up the game to ISO
2. Extract the game to a USB drive with iso explorer
3. Rename the "$systemupdate" folder to "RENAME-$systemupdate"

Install the new 12611 dash (dash tool 1.20) and newest version of dashlaunch (2.05 or above) . this stops ap2.5 checks on jtag. Worked on all three of my jtags (1 xenon 2 falcon)

bnevets27

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 12:28:00 PM »

I know I can install the new dash and then the new games will work without any issue. I just don't feel the need to go the the new dash, if the games can be patched. At least for a little while. I don't have any want/need for kinect.

The game I'm hoping on running without updating is NFS: Hot Pursuit. I will give it a try when I get it but I doubt it will just run.

So if anyone has some info on running a game with ap25 on it on freeboot 9199, please let me know.

EDIT: I have read that if you run this program with these settings then the games will run on an older dash.

(IMG:http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2722/ffffffffffui.jpg)

I'll give it a try when I get the game.

This post has been edited by bnevets27: Nov 20 2010, 08:32 PM

icyhandlz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 12:01:00 PM »

Just a heads up for everyone here.... I tried AC:B and NFS:HP on what i have to assume is an older dashboard, i bought it from a guy so i wasnt sure.  I did this method with xboxgamehacker and now AC:B and NFS:HP both play fine.  Where as they didnt not play before.  Thank you so much guys and I appreciate all the help everyone on this forum has been (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

JoshML101

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »

A "how to" has already been posted a few weeks ago. Maybe try searching next time. Tried it on 9199 with Assassins Creed: Brotherhood and works fine. http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=723196

bnevets27

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 03:37:00 PM »

JoshML101, maybe you should not be so quick to comment. I did not see that thread until you posted it, so thank you for that. But I'm tired of reading "Maybe try searching next time" of course I searched.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) It takes a lot less time to search then make a post and wait a few days for a response. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)  It is also hard to know what sub forum information may be in on this forum.

With that being said.

I did decide to give the link you posted a try, but it did not work. It patches the default.xex fine. But that "how to" misses patching Alaska.xex.DLL on NFS: HP.

Using X360GameHack with the above setting on an extracted iso does work. It patches both files.

Thanks icyhandlz for confirming this works.

icyhandlz

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 08:12:00 PM »

THanks for posting the software or i would be need for speedless (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif).... all joking aside thanks that helps me out alot.  Appreciate it.

bnevets27

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 12:41:00 AM »

FYI, Also came across this tool:
WAPR AP2.5 remover (not in english)

Haven't tried it.

majoridiot

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 08:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(bnevets27 @ Nov 16 2010, 06:11 AM) *

update to dashlaunch 2.06 or 2.07 and ap2.5 will be a thing of the past...

menetas

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 03:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(bnevets27 @ Dec 1 2010, 08:41 AM) *

FYI, Also came across this tool:
WAPR AP2.5 remover (not in english)

Haven't tried it.

it's french, and it worked for me..
some guy at the comments said for NFS:HP you should patch xex and DLL and so i did..

it worked like a charm..

you use that tool, patch default.xex and then patch Alaska.xex.DLL and it booted from XEXMenu with no problems..

I'll look into upgrading my dash though so i can use kinect in this xbox..
thanks a bunch guys..

Calcvictim

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 01:35:00 PM »

Hi guys, I screwed up a little bit and not sure if there is a way to get new games to play.

what I have: older 360 running ixtreme 1.4 firmware, this was my nephews xbox, he got banned from live and since I do not play online I did not care so I never updated the firmware on the dvd-rom beynond 1.4.

My usual procedure was to run my backup through ppfomatic to restore wave2 video and I was good to go.

I tried playing Hot pursuit and it asked me to do a dashboard update, I downloaded the latest update and loaded it up, now hot pursuit doesn't work and black ops stopped working. I looked online and it seems like a result of AP2.5 being implemented. My question is can I play these backup at all using the latest dashboard, if so what do I need to do to the games beyond patching the wave?