xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Fbbuild 0.1 (2.0.12611.0)  (Read 1740 times)

jimmyleet

• Archived User
Fbbuild 0.1 (2.0.12611.0)
« Reply #180 on: November 13, 2010, 12:14:00 AM »

lol i must be going nuts here now im getting more problems i can play games and dash works fine

but if i try to look at a achivs i get "This feature is temporarily unavailable please try again later. Status Code: d0000032"

Same if i try to edit my profile in the settings. xD

InsaneNutter

• Recovered User
    • Digiex
« Reply #181 on: November 13, 2010, 12:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(intention @ Nov 13 2010, 12:37 AM) View Post

Just an update on my situation....

To those who have attempted to do this update and were left with no video output - just a black screen - box turns on but never boots, just single green LED in the middle lights up.

I followed this guide by InsaneNutter: http://digiex.net/gu...uild-0-1-a.html
At the time of my posting, THIS GUIDE IS INCORRECT!
I followed this to the T and my resulting flash file bricked my console.

Since I couldn't even get into Xell, I had no choice but to reflash via LPT.
Luckily I  still had everything soldered up and had made a flashdump of my working freeboot flash. I was able to reflash that copy back via lpt. Xbox booted right up after that.

Still determined, I followed qualar's guide above: http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=4752448
The steps are different from the other guide. I'm happy to report THIS GUIDE WORKS.

I'm not sure where things went wrong, but there were more files to be extracted/injected in qualar's guide which I believe to be the main culprit. Another thing I noted, qualar's guide called for a previous freeboot dump to build off of versus InsaneNutter's guide was building of the original nanddump.

Regardless, I'm up and running now after the mini heart-attack.  smile.gif

The guide is correct to the best of my knowledge, that is exactly what I did to update my Jtag and its sat here working perfectly.

You used a previous FreeBoot dump to get your console working so I guess your SMC was modified in some way in the past? Maybe you did the aud-clamp wiring for your Jtag? If your Jtag required modifications to the SMC to boot that would explain why using the original doesn't work and the old FreeBoot nand does.

Fbbuild states the additional files you used should not be required so I would guess its down to the SMC, either way i'm glad your 360 is working.

DragonNZ

• Archived User
« Reply #182 on: November 13, 2010, 12:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(qualar @ Nov 13 2010, 09:27 AM) *

FOOLPROOF INSTRUCTIONS UPDATED
You will need fbbuild 0.1, Freeboot 0.032 (you only need this for ibuild.exe), 12611.zip (this contains the new dashboard files)

11. Now flash the NAND with flash360. I chose to keep my existing kv file.

12. When finished and you click a button the xbox will shut down. Now unplug the power and leave for a couple of minutes.

13. Reconnect. the first boot will go to a black screen for about a minute so dont worry.

Hi There,
Thanks for your awesome instructions and for making it easy to follow. I have a issue I can't figure out and hope someone can help.
The update flash is created, and I flash it using the flash360 tool and selecting A (Keep exisiting kv), it complains about the difference, and I press START to continue and flash the NAND.

I then power down, and unplug all for a minute. When I boot back up, it displayes the new 360 splash screen, and hangs at that point without loading the standard dash. I can still boot into Xell using the eject button and can reflash backup to recover. This also happens if I create the flash using Easy Freeboot. I am currently using freeboot 0.032 (Dashboard 9199) and are using the dump of that to create the new flash. Do you know what I am doing wrong for it to not boot the 12611 dash and hang at the splash screen? Do I need to use option B in flash360 to overwrite the kv? (Don't want to loose the ability to boot Xell in case there is another f*** up). Thanks for your help.

Schweino

• Archived User
« Reply #183 on: November 13, 2010, 02:49:00 AM »

What is not entirely clear to me is if the AP 2.5 offline banhammer is removed from this dash or not. So, will playing fable 3 cause your xbox to be flagged and corrupt your profile?

This post has been edited by Schweino: Nov 13 2010, 10:51 AM

wololoo

• Archived User
« Reply #184 on: November 13, 2010, 03:37:00 AM »

I have tried every single method (manual, jtagtool, easy freeboot) but every time that i flash i get an e79 error on boot.
Why? Whyyyyyyyy?????

It say to use an original nand backup but i haven't this, only the xbr or freeboot backup, maybe this? and in that case how can i resolve?
please help.

gomson

• Archived User
« Reply #185 on: November 13, 2010, 05:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(wololoo @ Nov 13 2010, 12:37 PM) View Post

I have tried every single method (manual, jtagtool, easy freeboot) but every time that i flash i get an e79 error on boot.
Why? Whyyyyyyyy?????

It say to use an original nand backup but i haven't this, only the xbr or freeboot backup, maybe this? and in that case how can i resolve?
please help.

It might have to do with your smc file, probably your jtag was done using a variation of the aud_clamp. I followed this tutorial and it worked perfectly...

http://digiex.net/gu...uild-0-1-a.html

To try and help....
I'm assuming you already have a jtagged system that's working or was working and that you have a backup of the nand that was working. By that I don't mean your original before jtag backup, I mean a backup of the nand that your jtag system is using before you attempted the update..

If you have that, go to the link above and at the step where it said to extract files from your original nand using 360 Flash Dump Tool 0.97, use the nand that you backed up from your jtag system instead and follow the rest of the tutorial..

To summarise, don't worry about your original nand, as long as you made a backup of the nand that's currently powering your console before you attempted the update, then your fine..

I just thought of something.. If you're getting an E79 error message that you might need to reflash the nand back onto your system the manual way, you know, using the lpt way or the usb way...

Hope that helps..

majoridiot

• Archived User
« Reply #186 on: November 13, 2010, 06:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kramer10 @ Nov 13 2010, 12:57 AM) View Post

Can anyone suggest a way to get sneaky peanuts, or any other system to work in xp I have downloaded the FIX for xp and still it gives me this is not recognize as an external or internal command? I have my original dump plus I have dumped nand with flash 360 5 times just to be safe but whatever way I go about it xp seems to stop me. Xbox 360 is a jasper. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

a lot of trial and error led me redo all of the nands i needed to in xp:

get the latest sneakypeanut release and the xp fix

copy the .exe from the xp fix, into the easy freeboot folder (or whatever it may be named)

copy the original nand (or the freeboot .32 nand dump) to be patched, into the easy freeboot folder with the .exe- this is the important part.

run the easy jtag executable- select options and it should work fine.

i found that for failed builds, you should delete any temp files in the easy freeboot folder before trying it again.  if you don't know what's temp files, delete the entire easy freeboot folder and re-unpack the original download again.

what causes the most problems in XP is not having the nand to patch in the folder with the patcher .exe.

good luck...

wololoo

• Archived User
« Reply #187 on: November 13, 2010, 06:10:00 AM »

It might have to do with your smc file, probably your jtag was done using a variation of the aud_clamp. I followed this tutorial and it worked perfectly...

http://digiex.net/gu...uild-0-1-a.html

To try and help....
I'm assuming you already have a jtagged system that's working or was working and that you have a backup of the nand that was working. By that I don't mean your original before jtag backup, I mean a backup of the nand that your jtag system is using before you attempted the update..

If you have that, go to the link above and at the step where it said to extract files from your original nand using 360 Flash Dump Tool 0.97, use the nand that you backed up from your jtag system instead and follow the rest of the tutorial..

To summarise, don't worry about your original nand, as long as you made a backup of the nand that's currently powering your console before you attempted the update, then your fine..

I just thought of something.. If you're getting an E79 error message that you might need to reflash the nand back onto your system the manual way, you know, using the lpt way or the usb way...

Hope that helps..

I have followed that tutorial but still E79 on boot, now i'm trying the flash using lpt.

boflc

• Archived User
« Reply #188 on: November 13, 2010, 06:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Nov 13 2010, 02:53 AM) View Post

EDIT. I am not sure my advise pertained to cygnos

currently there exist no cygnos/SMC patches.  recall that cygnos's installer/builder has its own patches -- which then got merged into bestpig's toolbox.

so, those with cygnos's, WAIT.  given, it's easy to flash back your previous image [assuming you made one], but right now there's no solution.  i believe it is being worked on, though.

dustin6908

• Archived User
« Reply #189 on: November 13, 2010, 06:37:00 AM »

when building mine fbbuild kept giving me an error with my ibuld extracted smc and kv so i used my smc_dec.bin and kv_dec.bin form a flasdumptool extract renamed smc.bin and kv.bin and the smc_config.bin from the ibuld extract(from my freeboot.32 nand)

flashed with flash360 and raw flash not keeping kv
2 error kv mismatch and not zero-paired ignored and continued
xbox boot right back up with kinetic dash smile.gif

hope this helps some people who were having trouble

Kramer10

• Archived User
« Reply #190 on: November 13, 2010, 07:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(majoridiot @ Nov 13 2010, 11:00 PM) *

a lot of trial and error led me redo all of the nands i needed to in xp:

get the latest sneakypeanut release and the xp fix

copy the .exe from the xp fix, into the easy freeboot folder (or whatever it may be named)

copy the original nand (or the freeboot .32 nand dump) to be patched, into the easy freeboot folder with the .exe- this is the important part.

run the easy jtag executable- select options and it should work fine.

i found that for failed builds, you should delete any temp files in the easy freeboot folder before trying it again.  if you don't know what's temp files, delete the entire easy freeboot folder and re-unpack the original download again.

what causes the most problems in XP is not having the nand to patch in the folder with the patcher .exe.

good luck...

Ok I did that and it did it ok it the window it say's reading all this, but it also say's could not read data launch.xex,skipping, could not read data Ihelper skipping,could not read  data dae.bin skipping, could not read data fcrt.bin skipping then it say's finished and shows my cpu key and 1BL key and say's it was written ok. So is those few skipping things normal? Is it ready to flash

Thanks

bigguns

• Archived User
« Reply #191 on: November 13, 2010, 08:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(supremas @ Nov 11 2010, 08:35 PM) View Post

Quick and dirty tutorial that worked for me...

Fetch these from xbins
/XBOX 360/development/fbBuild/fbBuild_0.1.zip
/XBOX 360/development/kernel/rebooter_fsdata/12611.zip
/XBOX 360/dashboards/Flash360/Flash360v1.0.zip

Extract fbBuild_0.1.zip to C:\fbBuild
Extract 12611.zip to C:\fbBuild\data
Optional - use C:\fbBuild\data\firmware_12611.sfv to verify the files
I then took my SMC.bin, kv.bin and smc_config.bin from my freeBOOT-0.031\data directory that I used when I made my freeboot image half a year ago and put them in C:\fbBuild\data

Then I executed fbBuild like this:
fbBuild.exe -c <my console type, i used xenon> -d data\ -b <1BL key> -p <my CPU key> updflash.bin

Then i put updflash.bin on a flash stick together with Flash360.xex and flashed using Flash360: Button A (write updflash.bin to Nand) + Button B (Raw Flash without keeping current kv/config). I then got two warnings ("WARNING: Keyvault encrypted data check mismatch" and "WARNING: Your current nand is not the ZeroPaired."). I ignored the warnings and flashed... and it worked  smile.gif

I followed this and everything worked great.  Now I am off to go pickup a Kinect.

Vejita

• Archived User
« Reply #192 on: November 13, 2010, 09:26:00 AM »

I take it Fbbuild 0.1 has the region free patch for games?

barbarus

• Archived User
« Reply #193 on: November 13, 2010, 10:06:00 AM »

i try to flash the new rebooter on my falcon jtag, and after i got the christmas lights error...it's the same error that i had with freeboot 0.32 until someone released a patch to remove the kv hash check..with fb build the hash check is here so how i can update the console?

i have also try to flash a nand of my friend (same model and cb0) and the console work well but xellous give me this error:

! ! kv_get_dvd_key Failure: kv_read kv_get_dvd_key Failure: kv_read
! ! the hash check failed probably as a result of decryption failure the hash check failed probably as a result of decryption failure
! ! make sure that the CORRECT key vault for this console is in flash make sure that the CORRECT key vault for this console is in flash
! ! the key vault should be at offset 0x4200 for a lenght of 0x4200 the key vault should be at offset 0x4200 for a length of 0x4200
! ! in the 'raw' flash binary from THIS console console in the 'raw' binary flash from THIS

so i try to put my cpu key into the donor nand file following a tutorial:

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/1581...et-xbr-working/

but when i flash the nand image i got again the christmas lights..my cpu key is stored well into the donor nand file because with 360 flash tool i can read the information of the nand..

How i can fix it?

thanks

Julets

• Archived User
« Reply #194 on: November 13, 2010, 10:11:00 AM »

All newer games are going to use the AntiPiracy25, so there is *almost* no point in even upgrading to this. Sloppy that this wasn't taken care of prior to release.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16