xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Jtag, Original Game, Online  (Read 162 times)

inspuration

• Archived User
Jtag, Original Game, Online
« on: October 01, 2010, 09:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(Analogic @ Oct 1 2010, 02:42 PM) View Post

So if I buy an original game and pay for Live account, can I play online without the fear of getting banned?

Nope, you will be banned in ~4 hours regardless.

boflc

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 09:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(Analogic @ Oct 1 2010, 02:42 PM) View Post

So if I buy an original game and pay for Live account, can I play online without the fear of getting banned?

i'm a relative newbie on this, but i believe if the profile linked to your live account has any evidence of homebrew being run on it you will be immediately banned; there's a certainty that evidence of homebrew in your recent games and/or installed on your HDD or MU would lead to insta-ban as well.

so, i've actually only provided a partial answer, not a complete one.  

some will probably just say (jtag+live=>banned).  

no offense, but if you have a jtag, you should go out and buy a like-powered non-jtag unit.  craigslist will usually yield them pretty cheap; e.g. jaspers @ $80.

chatterx

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 09:54:00 AM »

Taking your jtag xbox online would be the equivalent of standing up in a quite church filled with people and screaming at the top of your lungs..... "I am a hacked console..... BAN ME!!!"  You would stand out.... wouldn't you?

Simple answer as stated many time before.... NO

boflc - I was thinking this could happen as well. I have unlocked achievements in the SNES emulator. That would throw up a huge flag to microsoft. I have not taken my gamer id online since I did my jtag.

Analogic

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 10:52:00 AM »

Tnx, that's pretty much what I suspected.

So yeah, 2 consoles for me it seems. I guess custom servers are like years away.