xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Using Exploits From Original Xbox Games  (Read 135 times)

inspuration

• Archived User
Using Exploits From Original Xbox Games
« on: October 01, 2010, 09:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(patdegs @ Oct 1 2010, 02:28 AM) View Post

This morning i decided i would play Splinter Cell on my xbox, Then i realized that i have used the game to soft mod my original xbox console.
Because of this i ended up copying the hacked gamesave and the Linux installed to my xbox 360, and to my surprise, the linux installer game save thing actually appears as a legitimate gamesave in the memory section of my hard drive.

Now i assume i am not the first to try this, but is it possible to make some sort of homebrew loader (like ChickHEN for psp) for the xbox 360 via exploiting the game saves of original xbox games?

After transferring the Linux loader and the hacked gamesave to my harddrive, and loading up splinter cell. When i load the game profile, the game simply crashes, But that may just be because the xbox 360 isn't calling the correct directory/drive to load the Linux installer (correct me if I'm wrong).

Instead of running homebrew on the 360, Is it possible to make it run homebrew within the xbox emulator itself?

I think this is in the right section, anyway post thoughts.

I'm just going to guess and say no.

No_Name

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 12:15:00 PM »

I know the answer is NO!

Welcome to the first idea everyone who thought hacking needed a game save the day the 360 released.
Not to offend you now but you could have taken time to see what happened if you tried it for yourself.

You would have found you hit up against the very very nasty Hypervision that is the gatekeeper to the system.

No_Name

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 03:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(patdegs @ Oct 1 2010, 01:06 PM) View Post

Dont flame me for coming  up with ideas. but would it technically be possible to execute code inside the actual gamesave itself instead of calling an unsigned xex?

I am not flaming you for coming up an idea, the flame was for coming up with an idea that was thought off back in 2005 and back then as with today the answer is no and its no and will remain no because of the hypervision.

The 360 is a very secure system and to date there has been ONE, as in a single exploit discovered to allow unsigned code to run.

I do mean one, the KK exploit is the same one exploited by JTAG consoles its just over time the entries to access the exploit have been closed one by one until the second line EFuse was burnt revoking the exploitable CB from being ever run again.

So what does that tell you?

The XBox was a system that had multiple massive weaknesses. Microsoft took all they could learn from their mistakes and made damed sure the 360 was going to be a fortress.

Just incase your thinking of this ideas as well, no the updates posted on Xbox live cant be modidifed to allow unsigned code to run because any attempt to modify that will result in the signature being broken and it wont be accepted by the console