xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Jtag Newbie Questions  (Read 127 times)

thatguywithnoname

• Archived User
Jtag Newbie Questions
« on: September 19, 2010, 06:20:00 AM »

Don't use your Xbox LIVE account on your JTAG'd Xbox. MS won't be able to detect you cheating in GTA, but they'll know you've been on XeXMenu and other things that only JTAG'd 360s can do. You'll get banned. Just use an offline profile instead. Also, my favourite thing to do with my JTAG'd 360 is mod Halo 3. I might also start hosting 10th prestige lobbies for Black Ops when it comes out.

smile.gif

Koriatou

• Archived User
Jtag Newbie Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 08:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(thatguywithnoname @ Sep 19 2010, 08:20 AM) View Post

Don't use your Xbox LIVE account on your JTAG'd Xbox. MS won't be able to detect you cheating in GTA, but they'll know you've been on XeXMenu and other things that only JTAG'd 360s can do. You'll get banned. Just use an offline profile instead. Also, my favourite thing to do with my JTAG'd 360 is mod Halo 3. I might also start hosting 10th prestige lobbies for Black Ops when it comes out.

smile.gif

What he says is true, even if your JTAG doesn't go online directly, Microsoft can still know if your live profile has been on the JTAG, or if the JTAG's profile has been on your retail.

And because it has to be said, it is impossible to mod Black Ops in any way shape and form. All of the dvars, cvars and such have been made so when the default is given, it's impossible to change.