xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: System Update Required To Customize Avatars  (Read 129 times)

Faluke

• Archived User
System Update Required To Customize Avatars
« on: August 16, 2010, 06:59:00 PM »

I have Freeboot 0.32 running just fine on my Jasper 256 with dashlaunch 1.0. When I tried to apply the 9199 system update after finishing the mod, my console wouldn't boot. It just sat there with a solid green light in the middle and no video, no xellous (tried with eject), no freeboot.

I reflashed my nand with my backup and all is well again but I can't create avatars because I don't have the rest of the 9199 system update. How do I apply this?

Faluke

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 11:15:00 AM »

*update*

I can't run the 9199 system update on my xenon system or my jasper. When I run on Jasper it completes and then boots to solid green light and no video. When I try on my xenon system running freeboot 0.32 it never completes and in fact forces it to freeze on boot with a box that says "update found" yadda yadda and locks up. I had to remove my HD and connect it to another system to remove the system update folder on the hdd root and then it booted fine.

What am I doing wrong here and why can't I get 9199 update to work? (I'm using USB and i tried all slots)

Travulese

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 07:34:00 AM »

Maybe its a hard drive problem. Try another hard drive.

QUOTE(Faluke @ Aug 17 2010, 01:15 PM) View Post

*update*

I can't run the 9199 system update on my xenon system or my jasper. When I run on Jasper it completes and then boots to solid green light and no video. When I try on my xenon system running freeboot 0.32 it never completes and in fact forces it to freeze on boot with a box that says "update found" yadda yadda and locks up. I had to remove my HD and connect it to another system to remove the system update folder on the hdd root and then it booted fine.

What am I doing wrong here and why can't I get 9199 update to work? (I'm using USB and i tried all slots)