xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I've Jtag'ed My Fist Box Now What ?  (Read 175 times)

kirky1991

• Archived User
I've Jtag'ed My Fist Box Now What ?
« on: July 15, 2010, 02:13:00 PM »

Hello all!

I've recently started to mess around with trying to do the JTAG hack. Well one vulnerable console and 4 days later after recieving my parts i've flashed the Nand. Or so i believe.

I have an old xenon that had the Old dash, dumped the nand twice compared and they were exact copy. I carried on, getting the XBR file from the usual places. Done some funky CMD commands and flashed the nand. Booted the xbox to see the first setup screens when you do the new update, quickly entered them and i'm shown to the microsoft NXE.

I can only geuss that the new nand dashboard is the NXE but runs unsinged code ? I hope so anyway.

I havnt got round to sticking a hard drive on (I'm currently making a swarf adapter to plug in my own hard drives!) and trying to add a different dashboard...Not that i even know how to or what dashboards are out there ? Or any Apps/Programes ?

So i come here, Which is hopefully the right section to ask what can i do with a JTAG ? Silly qeustion, but i've tried to search and i keep finding the same thing saying you can run unsigned code and a different dashboard ?

Is it like the original xbox, but without HDD partitions ? Dashboard in ROOT of hard drive and change the XML file ?

I'm pretty contemp with all the original xbox stuff but the 360 hacking side i have none, only hardware mods!

Any help or point in the right direction would help allot!

Thanks All

Dan

Brain Monkey Shop

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 05:37:00 PM »

really 99% of people get the J-tag to run Unsigned code.  Learn how to crack the game default.xex and hack away.  Install emulators for other systems, there are tons of thing you can do with it.

kirky1991

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 02:56:00 AM »

when you say crack the  game.xex and hack away, what can be done ? im not to interested in hacking games really unless some really cool stuff can be done ?

RRoD420

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 10:27:00 PM »

You fisted your WHAT!? well, thats what the topic says

ExitRooster

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 10:49:00 PM »

This isn't a slam/flame on the OP, but I have a question..

I have read several posts similar to this.  "I have jtagged my xbox, now what..".  What's with you guys?  Why do something if you have no idea what you can do / what potential there is?  If you don't know what it does or what you can do with it, DON'T DO IT, rofl..  Seriously.. I mean, I've got a box sitting here I'm debating on what to do with it..  You don't see me running out doing whatever to it and THEN asking, what can I do with it now, I'm reading and researching what I can do BEFORE I randomly do anything!!