xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Some Form Of Generic Boot Disk To Boot From Hard Drive?  (Read 152 times)

niemasd

• Archived User
Some Form Of Generic Boot Disk To Boot From Hard Drive?
« on: June 24, 2010, 05:33:00 PM »

I have a 250GB harddrive for my 360 with all of my games installed to it to save loading time. I have a flashed DVD drive with iXtreme 1.1 and I wanted to know if anyone's created some form of "boot disk" that makes the XBOX "think" it has the game i want to play in it, when it really just has the boot disk. in this way, i would be able to play all of my games with just 1 disk, without needing to carry around all of my other disks or waste time changing disks.

boon147

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 07:45:00 AM »

Hi,

Been asked many times before, and unfortauntely, not possible im afraid!!

Too many factors to consider, and if the techhy guys on here cant get round it, it doubt it can be done!!

thesonandheir

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 01:54:00 PM »

Honestly?

Get yourself a JTAG.

Thats the only way mate.

niemasd

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 11:25:00 PM »

yeah i was going to attempt to JTAG, but my console is updated, and unless i'm missing something, there's currently no public way to downgrade? i think i recall reading something about using a modchip to do the downgrade, but i REALLY don't want to install a modchip

bifnewman

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 07:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(niemasd @ Jun 26 2010, 01:25 AM) *

yeah i was going to attempt to JTAG, but my console is updated, and unless i'm missing something, there's currently no public way to downgrade? i think i recall reading something about using a modchip to do the downgrade, but i REALLY don't want to install a modchip

no assuming your console isn't 7371 or below. if it is then do the JTAG mod. Otherwise, atleast for now, it isn't possible.