xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Jtag Will Not Boot With Any Nand But Still Has Power  (Read 275 times)

juggahax0r

• Archived User
Jtag Will Not Boot With Any Nand But Still Has Power
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 02:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(bifnewman @ Jun 26 2010, 03:34 PM) View Post

No, not that i know of. Even if so, would a new nand fix it? I can do that. It isnt recognized in nandpro anymore. I ve already checked my solder points many times.

You hosed the system unless you didn't actually change anything on the NAND. Have you tried flashing it back to stock? Even though it has all those bad blocks  cannot be erased if you can put everything back in place it should boot stock.  

I would get another Nand chip or just use the Cygnos with a dual NAND if you can't erase the blocks it means they are dead on the chip itself , their is a huge difference between a badblock in the file and an actual dead part of the chip and nobody ever mentions it.

If it cannot be erased read or written to all of those badblocks will have to be manually moved to the end. And because a lot of them were around important area I am just going to say that system is hosed and get yourself a new one. I have done over 80 Jtags now and have only hosed 1 system (it was my own) and it was a similar issue as yours except my bad block was in the dash.xex and was also unerasable , if i hadn't accidently deleted the backup on that one it wouldn't have been hosed and in retospect i could have saved it with my current knowledge but it was only my 2nd try with LPT.

It honestly does sound like your problem is your PC not the system but you could have destroyed the system trying this at the same time... As brandogg said if you have your KV and config you may be able to salvage it, but IMO only if those weren't really bad blocks only if it was because of your LPT port....Were the errors always happening at the same place each time?

Oh Brandogg i should mention that the system won't power on with LPT hooked up to your PC try it if you doubt me , it simply stays off if you hit the power. Now i have had instances where I flashed a bad SMC to a system it wouldn't power on then when it finished with the flashing of the good copy it powered itself on that was freaky.

Good luck, and a word of advice get yourself one of the USB flashers it will make it so much easier.

bifnewman

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2010, 08:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(juggahax0r @ Jun 27 2010, 04:06 PM) *

You hosed the system unless you didn't actually change anything on the NAND. Have you tried flashing it back to stock? Even though it has all those bad blocks  cannot be erased if you can put everything back in place it should boot stock.  

I would get another Nand chip or just use the Cygnos with a dual NAND if you can't erase the blocks it means they are dead on the chip itself , their is a huge difference between a badblock in the file and an actual dead part of the chip and nobody ever mentions it.

If it cannot be erased read or written to all of those badblocks will have to be manually moved to the end. And because a lot of them were around important area I am just going to say that system is hosed and get yourself a new one. I have done over 80 Jtags now and have only hosed 1 system (it was my own) and it was a similar issue as yours except my bad block was in the dash.xex and was also unerasable , if i hadn't accidently deleted the backup on that one it wouldn't have been hosed and in retospect i could have saved it with my current knowledge but it was only my 2nd try with LPT.

It honestly does sound like your problem is your PC not the system but you could have destroyed the system trying this at the same time... As brandogg said if you have your KV and config you may be able to salvage it, but IMO only if those weren't really bad blocks only if it was because of your LPT port....Were the errors always happening at the same place each time?

Oh Brandogg i should mention that the system won't power on with LPT hooked up to your PC try it if you doubt me , it simply stays off if you hit the power. Now i have had instances where I flashed a bad SMC to a system it wouldn't power on then when it finished with the flashing of the good copy it powered itself on that was freaky.

Good luck, and a word of advice get yourself one of the USB flashers it will make it so much easier.

Alright I'm really confused now sorry, lol. My lpt is no longer recognizing my 360, but i have 2 perfectly identical nand backups with no bad blocks. I can't flash, read, or erase the nand because of it not being recognized by nand pro. Do you think a USB NAND Flasher would fix this? Also, Is it worth making a USB NAND reader? I don't know which exact parts to buy on digikey.com. Do I save a lot of money by making my own or is it like $5?

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2010, 09:59:00 PM »

Oh i Didn't read the part where you had good backups my bad...Then yes get you a USB flasher and you should be fine. To me it sounds like you blew the LPT port somehow if what you said is the case.

If you are good at building things i would go ahead and do it yourself it will be infinitely cheaper to build your own, probably around $5 in parts or so, or if you want a pre-built one  look here on the BST

Sorry I misunderstood you I could have sworn you said you had bad blocks from the beginning. If you have 2 good dumps sounds like you are fine.

QUOTE(bifnewman @ Jun 14 2010, 01:33 AM) *

I also had to use a USB cable as an external power source for the nand so i can recover flash it.

Also I don't quite get this? What are you talking about, I've been doing this since they released the hack publicly and have never heard of that. Whatever that means it sounds like you blew up the Nand doing something and those may actually be bad blocks. If your stock dump doesn't boot it either then you definitly have something wrong with it.  

bifnewman

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(juggahax0r @ Jun 27 2010, 11:59 PM) *

Oh i Didn't read the part where you had good backups my bad...Then yes get you a USB flasher and you should be fine. To me it sounds like you blew the LPT port somehow if what you said is the case.

If you are good at building things i would go ahead and do it yourself it will be infinitely cheaper to build your own, probably around $5 in parts or so, or if you want a pre-built one  look here on the BST

Sorry I misunderstood you I could have sworn you said you had bad blocks from the beginning. If you have 2 good dumps sounds like you are fine.
 Also I don't quite get this? What are you talking about, I've been doing this since they released the hack publicly and have never heard of that. Whatever that means it sounds like you blew up the Nand doing something and those may actually be bad blocks. If your stock dump doesn't boot it either then you definitly have something wrong with it.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=700983
It gives the nand power so it can be recovery flashed.

I need help with buying the parts for a USB Nand Flasher. When I go on digikey and search for the parts on the tutorial I get like 100 results for everything I search. Can I get some help or is there a better site for it?

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »

All you have to do to recover after a bad flash it plug the power cable in as you go to write to your NAnd , that right their just looks like a bad idea to me. and did you do what it specifically says not to and have your PSU plugged in when you did it?

This post has been edited by juggahax0r: Jun 28 2010, 11:28 PM

bifnewman

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 01:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(juggahax0r @ Jun 28 2010, 06:26 PM) *

All you have to do to recover after a bad flash it plug the power cable in as you go to write to your NAnd , that right their just looks like a bad idea to me. and did you do what it specifically says not to and have your PSU plugged in when you did it?

I never plugged the psu in while the usb was connected.

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 10:43:00 AM »

Well if you have a good backup then it is worth investing in a USB flasher i wouldn't bother trying to build it yourself when you have a system sitting their wanting to be flashed.

pure3d2

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 01:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(juggahax0r @ Jun 29 2010, 05:43 PM) *

Well if you have a good backup then it is worth investing in a USB flasher i wouldn't bother trying to build it yourself when you have a system sitting their wanting to be flashed.

This one is $33 shipped and it flashes a 16MB nand in about 5 minutes.

bifnewman

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2010, 12:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(pure3d2 @ Jul 2 2010, 03:45 AM) View Post

This one is $33 shipped and it flashes a 16MB nand in about 5 minutes.

ok i bought a non-solder one on diygadget.com and used a coupon code so it was like $30... i got it today and i didnt even get the non-solder kit with it so that is fantastic. i just soldered it on. i thought you had to have the xbox plugged in while you do flash and stuff so i had it plugged in then i plugged the usb flasher into my pc and it all looked fine. but i try to flash my original nand and its not recognized.... so then i thought maybe the pic wasnt programmed. i unplugged everything and put the 2 pin jumper on and flashed it but this time i noticed i didnt need to have the xbox plug in and also i think it was already programmed. it still isnt recognized... i am fed up with problems some1 please help.

bifnewman

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(bifnewman @ Jul 2 2010, 02:01 PM) View Post

ok i bought a non-solder one on diygadget.com and used a coupon code so it was like $30... i got it today and i didnt even get the non-solder kit with it so that is fantastic. i just soldered it on. i thought you had to have the xbox plugged in while you do flash and stuff so i had it plugged in then i plugged the usb flasher into my pc and it all looked fine. but i try to flash my original nand and its not recognized.... so then i thought maybe the pic wasnt programmed. i unplugged everything and put the 2 pin jumper on and flashed it but this time i noticed i didnt need to have the xbox plug in and also i think it was already programmed. it still isnt recognized... i am fed up with problems some1 please help.

Ok guys I am going to send the DIYGadget one back for a refund and buy the Xecuter NAND-X. I could never figure out what was wrong. The NAND-X looks promising and actually pretty fun to install.
Pages: 1 [2]