xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Switching Nands  (Read 175 times)

kroppdogg

• Archived User
Switching Nands
« on: June 12, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »

is it possible to to take an exploitable rrod consoles nand and write to another exploitable (same motherboard same nand size) that is not rrod so i can flash with xell and get cpu key from rrod? thanks

bifnewman

• Archived User
Switching Nands
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 11:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(kroppdogg @ Jun 12 2010, 09:41 PM) View Post

is it possible to to take an exploitable rrod consoles nand and write to another exploitable (same motherboard same nand size) that is not rrod so i can flash with xell and get cpu key from rrod? thanks

no sorry because if your trying to find the cpu key then you need that cpu to find its key and since its not exploitable it will not run xell. even if you found it before you updated it wouldnt matter because when you blow efuses it changes your cpu key.

kroppdogg

• Archived User
Switching Nands
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 01:32:00 PM »

not to be rude but im not following yur reply. i have several red ringed consoles. i know for a fact u can read out the nand on them. a couple of them are exploitable. i can read out the nand, get the kv, and also flash to xbr/freeboot to that rrod console. my only problem is that i cant boot the console into xell to get the cpu key because it is red ringed. i read somewhere u could flash the rrod console's newly jtagged nand to another console that has the same size nand/ same motherboard, and is exploitable, to boot it into xell to get the cpu key. then switch back the original nand to the NON-rrod console.  can this be done???  ya, no efuses have been blown or anything like that.

No_Name

• Archived User
Switching Nands
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 04:03:00 PM »

If you need the CPU key to decrypt the NAND contents how could this possibility work on a console with a different CPU??

You need BOTH the CPU and the NAND contents together.

p3pp8

• Archived User
Switching Nands
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 03:11:00 PM »

blowing efuses changes cpu-key??!?!? are you kidding??? never heard it before......

pure3d2

• Archived User
Switching Nands
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 01:50:00 AM »

You can take the CPU off from the rrod board, reball it, and then reflow it onto a good donor board.  Then dump the nand from the rrod board and inject it into the donor board.

death69inc

• Archived User
Switching Nands
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 11:58:00 PM »

so if you pull a cpu from a unexploitable
install to a exploitable donor board use the nand from a fresh flash matching board etc
it would boot xell and read the cpu key ?

seems like to much work im my case needing 3 dvd keys lol

bifnewman

• Archived User
Switching Nands
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 10:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(bifnewman @ Jun 14 2010, 01:37 AM) *

no sorry because if your trying to find the cpu key then you need that cpu to find its key and since its not exploitable it will not run xell. even if you found it before you updated it wouldnt matter because when you blow efuses it changes your cpu key.

lol my bad. i read it wrong. but its still not possible unless you take the nand contents and the cpu from that board. you would be better off just fixing rrod and then jtag.

T3chWarrior

• Recovered User
Switching Nands
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 05:42:00 PM »

I have around 10 RROD  and most are exploitable. Yes you can still read and write the nand without any problem even on a red ring 360. you are trying to get the cpu key of those red ringed 360's. if you put the nand of Console A into any other console then the nand from console a is not decrypted by the cpu of that console because its cpu key is diffent. so all nand data that is encrypted by a cpu can ONLY be decrypted by that cpu.

you can attempt RBJT3ch method or Tortuga of xclamp replacement to get the console to boot long enough to get the cpu key from xell.

Prior to powering on each time make sure you have a camera ready to take a snap shot of your key readout.

once you get your key you can decrypt your nand and pull your kv if thats what you are after.

if you could reball the cpu you wouldnt need another console anyway.

I am using this method to pull kv's to sell to finance a rework station to fully resurrect all of them.

Side note I am also looking for anyone with a rework station that will do some work in exchange for some exploitable motherboards.