xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ftping Games  (Read 161 times)

WorldFormula

• Archived User
Ftping Games
« on: May 09, 2010, 02:41:00 PM »

I hate waiting for games to copy to the hard drive in the 360, so is it possible to take the necessary files off of the disc on your computer, then FTP them or transfer them on a flash drive to the hard drive? I haven't tried anything yet, but I'm positive my computers drive can read the disc faster, therefore allowing faster transfers to the hard drive. Obviously this is for a jtag 360, XexMenu, blah blah blah.

Thanks!

WorldFormula

• Archived User
Ftping Games
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 06:57:00 PM »

Nah, copying the files directly off of the disc to the 360 through XEX menu takes about 15-20 minutes, maybe longer, while my computer can do that in like 3 minutes, if that. Then I can copy those files to the external hard drive.

harleywastaken

• Archived User
Ftping Games
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 12:50:00 AM »

xexmenu and freestyle both support ftp and copying to/from usb drives.
feel free to delete the $SystemUpdate folder and any extra language files as necessary.

BladeWing

• Archived User
Ftping Games
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 07:01:00 AM »

And if your copying "The Orange Box", feel free to remove Team Fortress as well, since you cant play it.

flash360

• Archived User
Ftping Games
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 02:23:00 PM »

I tried ftp, its really slow especially with older versions of xex menu.
 I not tried it with freeboot yet but I find it easier and faster to extract game images to an external.

Evillvi

• Archived User
Ftping Games
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »

maybe someone can help me with my problem. i just copied over my entire game library to my external 1tb hdd. now while all of the games did copy some didnt work. here is a list of the ones that didnt...

the orange box
left for dead 1&2
guitar hero metallica

ive tried looking for title updates for the games to see if that would make it work but it didnt. do i really have to flash the firmware to get these games to work or am i missing something else?

Setesh

• Archived User
Ftping Games
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 09:44:00 AM »

can you patch games to change the region? rather than changing your consoles region? cause i bought MLB 09 from play asia a while ago but its ntsc only and wont work on my pal lol. id love to get it working

enter560

• Archived User
Ftping Games
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 10:47:00 AM »

I had a PAL game and it wouldn't work so I just patched the xex via xexmenu. I'm now playing the game so I think it will work. If it doesn't what do you have to lose? the five minutes it took to extract the iso?