xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Exploitable System? Read This - I Found A New Thing With Nands  (Read 171 times)

NYCXBOX

• Archived User

OK so I had this system from 6/2008 - Bad drive sitting in my store locker for about 2 years.  I finally pulled it out and it was not in my inventory so my manager told me to take it home - if I could fix it - Merry Xmas to me.

SO I took it home.

Replaced the DVD drive and it worked fine.

I noticed it has the BLADES DASHBOARD - SO I FIGURED - free system - why not tag it. (I didn;t notice the dash number but it was like 4XXX so I was like YES-- I should have wrote it down.

I soldered everything up and dump the nand once.

Put the Nand into degraded and it came up as a CB 4570??

I checked it against the exploitable CB's for Falcon (as that what I though it was) - but when it wasn't listed - I unplugged it and looked at the plug (check my pictures - From everything I am seeing it should be a zephyr).

The tag for the falcon and the zephyr are the same - so I soldered up the LPC and the Tag - Dumped the nand and when I got the 4570 CB I was like HUH???   4570 isn't listed for zephyr - only 4558 (ALSO 4580 - as long as you flash FALCON XBR 3 not the zephyr image).  I did notice 4571, 4572, 4579, 4580 were NOT EXPLOITABLE.

So I said OH well lets go for it.  - Flashed it with Zephyr XBR3 and NOTHING - red lights. Then I came back and flashed it with a Clean Falcon XBR 3 image and IT BOOTED.

So I searched high and low all over yahoo and Google and bing - every forum I could find.  4570 for Zephyr or Falcon does not exist.

So obviously it works with the Falcon XBR 3image just fine.

MY CB and CD are 4570 in degraded.

Here are pics of my system.. that plug says it is a zephyr...

MY manufacture date is on there too..

What is this?

DID I FIND SOMETHING NEW?

(IMG:http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/xboxscenephotos/A%20wierd%20system/IMAG0942.jpg)
(IMG:http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/xboxscenephotos/A%20wierd%20system/IMAG0943.jpg)
(IMG:http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/xboxscenephotos/A%20wierd%20system/IMAG09552aa.jpg)

This post has been edited by NYCXBOX: Mar 31 2010, 04:23 AM

brandogg

• Archived User
New Exploitable System? Read This - I Found A New Thing With Nands
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 01:56:00 PM »

You can tell what kind of motherboard it is by the number of inductors (cylinders wrapped in copper wire) there are to the right of the CPU heatsink. If there are 3, it's a Zephyr, if there are 2, it's a Falcon. Also, I believe the list of CB values are *known* CB values, there are always be some that aren't listed. Find out what it is and submit the info to the proper places.

NYCXBOX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 02:27:00 PM »

What is the proper place to submit?

dschu012

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 11:41:00 PM »

Can't say I am 100% with this info but the CB and CD are version number that change with the dashboards. The list of exploitable CB's are exploitable CB's for 7371. Anything below 7371 it shouldn't matter what the CB or CD is. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

cytokinetic

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 04:49:00 PM »

Unless the guts have been swapped, the 12v rating of 16.5a is a Xenon or Zephyr (IIRC). Does this connect to the power units under 203w?

bamarquez226

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 05:14:00 PM »

Actually you can use a 203W power supply on any console. For instance, you can't use a Jasper 150W unit on a Zephyr, not enough output amps from the supply to power the console.

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 05:44:00 PM »

no nothing new that is a Zephyr their is a known but unresolved issue with the Zephyr MoBo and it is fixed sometimes by using a falcon image instead of the Zephyr image. Clearly 4570 was exploitable if it boots and that is what you had , maybe something that didn't make it on a lot of systems or the ones it did make it on to have never checked that. I will check mine pretty sure it was a 4558. Is kind of odd as i also was unable to find anything about that in particular.

The only thing i found that mentions 4570 was a updxell image. They say in the list of CB\CD if you find one not on the list to contact them it isn;t impossible for that too happen and wouldn't change anything with the mod except we would now have 1 more to add to the list of hackable ones.

This post has been edited by juggahax0r: Apr 10 2010, 12:53 AM

Morning Call

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 10:03:00 AM »

pretty much all figured out here.

there are known 'hybrid's out that dont work with one image but work with another even though its appearantly the other console.

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 10:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(Morning Call @ Apr 10 2010, 12:03 PM) View Post

pretty much all figured out here.

there are known 'hybrid's out that dont work with one image but work with another even though its appearantly the other console.

No that is not at all true , no Hybrids 4570 is just another zephyr CB version. And using a Falcon Image on the Zephyr doesn't fix it either , some people have had success but not all.

cytokinetic

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 03:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(bamarquez226 @ Apr 9 2010, 05:14 PM) *

Actually you can use a 203W power supply on any console. For instance, you can't use a Jasper 150W unit on a Zephyr, not enough output amps from the supply to power the console.

Yes, I know. You didn't get what I was asking. If it can connect to 203w unit, it could be any revision that was swapped with an older case. There are schematics online that show which board you have by the power input, without even opening the box. And it's not just the amps needed, the lower watt PSUs will not physically connect to older units. So it doesn't matter if it can't supply the amperage. M$ didn't want to perform thousands of repairs for people who connected the wrong PSU and fried the MB.

ravendrow

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(juggahax0r @ Apr 10 2010, 09:33 AM) View Post

No that is not at all true , no Hybrids 4570 is just another zephyr CB version. And using a Falcon Image on the Zephyr doesn't fix it either , some people have had success but not all.

actually your wrong i have a zephyr 360 that had the 7371 dash on it and i had to flash the falcon xell and xbr to it to get it to work it i forget the cb off hand but it was a falcon cb but 360 flash tools reported it as a zephyr nand has a few issues like i get 3 green lights on start up sometimes or the occasional rrod but a simple restart fixes all oh yeah i got the rrod to stop by adding a 330 resistor on the jump wire ( the one without the diode) hope this helps anyone with  zephyr problems

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 12:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(ravendrow @ Apr 12 2010, 11:51 PM) View Post

actually your wrong i have a zephyr 360 that had the 7371 dash on it and i had to flash the falcon xell and xbr to it to get it to work it i forget the cb off hand but it was a falcon cb but 360 flash tools reported it as a zephyr nand has a few issues like i get 3 green lights on start up sometimes or the occasional rrod but a simple restart fixes all oh yeah i got the rrod to stop by adding a 330 resistor on the jump wire ( the one without the diode) hope this helps anyone with  zephyr problems

Don't come on here telling me i'm wrong what do you know? I have tried all these things on Zephyrs , i said some people have had success not all. And it is pretty much well known that their isn't a definite cure for the problem for everyone. Just because flashing with a falcon image sometimes fixes them does not make them hybrids. I do 5 Jtags a week and see this constantly , i have tried every idea listed , sometimes it has cured it or partially cured it but not everytime , no single thing will get rid of it on every single Zephyr.

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 04:33:00 AM »

You might get 5 calls a day but how many are actually exploitable? I get 10 calls but only 3 or 4 are actually doable. Most people in my area either know how to do it themselves or they have no idea what it is.  I have 3 coming in tomorrow from a local reflower/reballer and he is also reballing 1 for me that i have read and know is exploitable , he also gave me a free maximus NANDFLASHER for doing the job , i told him it was worth doing one for free for 1 of those because LPT was so slow. I mostly buy them cheap in bulk with no acc and Jtag them that is what most of my business comes from.  I also don't do this full-time i had a job working 50+ hours a week until Jan and i just started back with the modding so my clientel is gone from the last time i was doing this.

I think when it comes right down too it we are doing something to the system it was never meant to do , and that is bound to cause some problems. Every MB revision has some issues occasionally. The CB in question here is 4570 which is a Zephry CB look around , the xell image is based on 4570 as well. I'm not denying that using the falcon image does fix it for some people  , i used the SMC part on mine. I was reluctant to use the full Falcon image because i didn't want to have to manually flash it again , i was using LPT at the time. I just don't know about calling hybrid , it would have to something in common to make it hybrid. Its not really worth arguing about though. If dude gets the one i sent with him yesterday reballed and working for me i may use it and sell this Zephyr except i do like the HDMI and the other 1 is a Xenon

ravendrow

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 07:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(juggahax0r @ Apr 13 2010, 03:33 AM) View Post

You might get 5 calls a day but how many are actually exploitable? I get 10 calls but only 3 or 4 are actually doable. Most people in my area either know how to do it themselves or they have no idea what it is.  I have 3 coming in tomorrow from a local reflower/reballer and he is also reballing 1 for me that i have read and know is exploitable , he also gave me a free maximus NANDFLASHER for doing the job , i told him it was worth doing one for free for 1 of those because LPT was so slow. I mostly buy them cheap in bulk with no acc and Jtag them that is what most of my business comes from.  I also don't do this full-time i had a job working 50+ hours a week until Jan and i just started back with the modding so my clientel is gone from the last time i was doing this.

I think when it comes right down too it we are doing something to the system it was never meant to do , and that is bound to cause some problems. Every MB revision has some issues occasionally. The CB in question here is 4570 which is a Zephry CB look around , the xell image is based on 4570 as well. I'm not denying that using the falcon image does fix it for some people  , i used the SMC part on mine. I was reluctant to use the full Falcon image because i didn't want to have to manually flash it again , i was using LPT at the time. I just don't know about calling hybrid , it would have to something in common to make it hybrid. Its not really worth arguing about though. If dude gets the one i sent with him yesterday reballed and working for me i may use it and sell this Zephyr except i do like the HDMI and the other 1 is a Xenon

most of them are actually but i tell people to look for the old dashboard as 90% of those can be tagged if not more  i do know what you mean about ms doing wierd crap though i got one in today that was pre hdmi but when i dumped it 360 flash tools showed it was a falcon mb. i think most of the weird consoles everyone sees are because of ms fixing the millions of bad consoles they get in there repair centers you know franken 360's lol

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 07:58:00 PM »

Well i did 7 today. 2 of them were Zephyr's both gave me random e79 problems. The rest were Falcons and Xenons with no hiccups whatsoever not even a single bad block. God i love this NANDFLASHER i would never have been able to do 7 in 1 day with LPT not enough time in the day haha.
 I actually founf a xenon with a 7363 dash and a 1940 CB so yea weird shit happens , that 1 probably went in for a repair and got updated.