xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Rock Band Dlc/ Jtag Console  (Read 204 times)

spawn0000

• Archived User
Rock Band Dlc/ Jtag Console
« on: March 28, 2010, 08:24:00 AM »

I am having a problem with downloaded rock band dlc.  I am familiar with how to download it and where to save it on the xbox hdd.  When I run rock band, it recognizes the dlc that I added, however, when I try to play it I get an error saying that all users signed in need to purchase the song.  I have opened the dlc through yaris swap and have noticed that only the songs that have a console id besides all zero's are the ones that work.  Only about 5% of the rock band dlc have an assigned console id besides zero's, so I can't get very many songs to work.  I hope this made sense-thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

BladeWing

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 10:59:00 AM »

XM360 will fix this problem.

wulfie

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 11:21:00 AM »

dumb question, I know xm360 will scan your dlc/xbla games and allow you to unlock them, but how do you INSTALL xm360?  Where on the 360hdd does it go?

spawn0000

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 11:45:00 AM »

I am also unfamiliar with how to use xm360 properly.  I am aware that it scans for dlc and gives information about it, but how do I turn the songs that don't work into songs that will work?  Will XM360 assign my console id to the dlc?  Do I install XM360 onto my xbox hdd, and run it from xexmenu?  I do not have a vast understanding of the software side of xbox 360 mods, so please provide a detailled explanation on how to accomplish this or I won't get it...sorry...noob I know...but I'm trying to learn!

Lurkin

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 12:15:00 PM »

I installed it to HDD1 in a folder xm360.  From there you can either launch it through xexmenu, or by using Quickboot to create a launch title in the Demo's for you.

So first go here:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=704413

download Quickboot 2.0

Then using the pictures there you can pretty much figure out how to go about it.  Click add Entry.  Name it XM360, path is hdd1\xm360\  executable is xm360.xex  checkmark the save as demo checkbox and click build.

Copy that newly created file to the directory as shown \c0de9999\00007000\
and copy all of the files in the xm360 zip to hdd1\xm360\

This post has been edited by Lurkin: Mar 28 2010, 07:21 PM

spawn0000

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »

ok-XM360 is downloaded and installed onto the xbox hdd, I run the program thru xexmenu and it shows all of my dlc, but they all show unlocked and still don't play any of the songs in question???

Lurkin

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 07:10:00 PM »

did you try fix filenames

spawn0000

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 07:30:00 PM »

Lurkin-thank you for the help you have provided so far with the advice to download xm360, but please understand that I am extremely new to this.  I do not know what you mean by "fix filenames", how do I do this?  Is there an option in XM360 to do this?  Thank you!

Lurkin

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 05:08:00 AM »

yeah go to Show DLC within xm360, then you will see options for unlock dlc and fix filenames once you are in that section.

If that doesn't work then there is an issue with where the files are located.  Another forum member had them in folders within the 00000002 folder which will not work.

But you should be fine after going and clicking on both unlock DLC and fix filenames within xm360.

spawn0000

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 08:11:00 AM »

Lurkin-thank you again for the response, I will try the fix filenames when I am home again.  I currently do have the songs saved in the 0..002 folder, I will try moving them into the content portion of my hdd if i can't get it to work.

I am still a bit confused on why some songs work just fine-but the majority of them don't?

Thanks again!

node21

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 10:57:00 AM »

A few things to note:

Fixing the filenames of DLC will in no way make DLC that didn't work start to work.  Nor would it do the reverse.  Filenames seem to be mostly useless as far as the 360 is concerned.  What *is* important is the path.  DLC must be located in the correct subdirectory on the HDD.  It won't be found anywhere else...and XM360 does nothing to fix this (nor enforce it, but it won't list DLC that is on a USB drive, for example).

Lastly, it is possible that you require a title update to play some of those songs...so try that out.

wulfie

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 11:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(node21 @ Mar 29 2010, 12:57 PM) View Post

A few things to note:

Fixing the filenames of DLC will in no way make DLC that didn't work start to work.  Nor would it do the reverse.  Filenames seem to be mostly useless as far as the 360 is concerned.  What *is* important is the path.  DLC must be located in the correct subdirectory on the HDD.  It won't be found anywhere else...and XM360 does nothing to fix this (nor enforce it, but it won't list DLC that is on a USB drive, for example).

Lastly, it is possible that you require a title update to play some of those songs...so try that out.

good point node21, I've noticed that a lot of the new dlc for rockband require the latest title update.  The latest title update for Rock Band is #5

spawn0000

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 11:13:00 AM »

Node 21-thank you for your help as well!  As far as I know I have every title update installed into the cache for both rock band 1 and rock band 2.  I am in no way an expert at this, but from what I can tell when I open up the dlc songs using yaris swap only the songs that have a legit console id (something besides all zero's) are the ones that work.  I think that if I can just find a way to assign my or any console id onto the file that it would work...or maybe I am way off base!  

As far as I know I have the dlc songs in the correct folder on my xbox hdd-as mentioned earlier some of the songs work-so the rest of the songs should work from there as well-and the songs do appear in the rock band quick play list-they just don't work.

Lurkin

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 11:36:00 AM »

You mentioned moving the files to the content folder, do not do that, it must be in the \45410869\00000002\ folder and not in any folders within that folder.  Some of mine are also in the \45410829\00000002\ folder which is Rock Band 1.  So it seems Rock Band 2 will check both of these folders for DLC content.

I know fix filenames does not do much, however it has fixed some issues with DLC that was considered corrupt and made it work after using that.  So I was thinking if RB2 didn't tell you some of the DLC was corrupt and just ignored it instead then perhaps that might help.  Borderlands straight up told me one of my DLC's I transfered over was corrupt and while it showed unlocked, it wasn't until I used fix filenames that it started working.

spawn0000

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 11:52:00 AM »

Lurkin-with all of the help coming in, I hope that I will be able to get this working.  I do have the dlc songs in the proper folder 45410869\00000002.  Using Yaris Swap it shows all of the files to be unlocked as well.  I had quite a time getting the dlc for Borderlands to work as well...not quite as much trouble as these rock band songs though.

In case someone out there wants to give this a shot...try downloading this file-it can be searched through binsearch.info

2010-03-16.net.rb-dlc.nfo

after downloading the above file, I run yaris swap-all songs unlocked and console id is all zeros:
I move the songs into the xbox hdd to the proper location-songs appear in rock band 2 song list-but will not preview or play.

Maybe if someone can actually do this with their console they can experience my problem and remedy it.

Thanks again for everyone's help, it is very much appreciated!!!
Pages: [1] 2