xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Falcon Jtag Issue  (Read 193 times)

ccfman2004

• Archived User
Falcon Jtag Issue
« on: January 23, 2010, 12:31:00 PM »

No matter what I do I keep getting a System Error E79 after flashing XBReboot 8955 3a to my Falcon System.  I do not get the RRoD error.

Anyone have any idea what's wrong.

Staticvoid

• Archived User
Falcon Jtag Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 12:48:00 PM »

check your jtag wires. just the 3 for the jtag exploit

ccfman2004

• Archived User
Falcon Jtag Issue
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 12:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(Staticvoid @ Jan 23 2010, 08:48 PM) View Post

check your jtag wires. just the 3 for the jtag exploit

They are fine, nice and secure and the diodes are with the black stripe facing to the proper spots.  I am getting 1 RRoD light.

ccfman2004

• Archived User
Falcon Jtag Issue
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 05:13:00 PM »

I have redone the xbr.bin and flashed it with the same results.

E79 with 1 RRoD light

An E79 has something to do with the "xam.xex".

I also flashed back the original nand dump I made and the xbox booted to the dashboard.  It still has the old "Blades" dashboard.

The problem may lye in XBR.  Is anyone else having issues with Falcon boards and XBReboot?

I'll try Falcon Xell and see if that works.

EDIT:  I just tried the xell for falcon boards and I still get the E79 error.

What in the world is wrong?  I did a Xenon Jtag with 0 problems.  It also had the "Blades" dash.

ccfman2004

• Archived User
Falcon Jtag Issue
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 07:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(tornado89 @ Jan 24 2010, 03:07 PM) View Post

Did you solder on the point DB1F1.....??? because a lot of people think it's too hard to solder it...
if you used the FT1U2 ( at the back of the motherboard ) instead make sure it's not touching the
ground ( metal case of the XboX360 ) .. I've seen a lot of people having this issue due to the FT1U2
touching the metal case after putting the motherboard back to its place... you can test using multimeter
to see if it's shorted !!!!! put one AVOMeter probe on the metal case and the other on the DB1F1/FT1U2 and see ....

I used the DB1F1 point and checked it with a continuity meter against the FT1U2 point and it checks out.

If I did use the FT1U2 point, I would use some electrical tape to prevent it from touching the metal case.

Right now the mother board is outside of the metal case until I get the JTAG hack working.

I even used another tutorial that used a resistor on the jumper wire.  I tried both 330 Ohms and 470 Ohms with no luck.

I should also add that I used a continuity meter to check for shorts and I checked the alternate points on the opposite side of the motherboard to make sure my solder points are conductive and they were.

I am at a loss as to why both Falcon Xell and Falcon XBReboot 3a both give me an E79.

ccfman2004

• Archived User
Falcon Jtag Issue
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 07:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(tornado89 @ Jan 24 2010, 03:30 PM) View Post

One other thing i experienced when doing jTag on FALCONs .. don't short ( jump ) pins 4 and 7
I think it's a Mistake... it never worked for me this way ( although others reported it working fine )
use a 330OHM resistor ... don't shorten them....

EDIT: a bit late... sorry i didn't read your post about the 330ohm resistor

Have you tired to change/test the diodes ?!! what diodes are you using anyway !??

I am using the 1N4148 I believe.  They work fine in the Xenon JTAGged xbox I have.

How do I test the diodes with a Multimeter?  I don't understand the symbols.  If you could tell me what setting I should use to test them.

If I am reading my Multimeter right, one of the diodes might be bad.  I know I am supposed to use an Ohm setting.  On the diode on the DB1F1 point, if I put the black probe on the black strip side and the red probe on the other I get one reading and if I reverse it I get a different reading.  On the diode connected to the RF panel, when I put the black probe on the black line side I get one reading.  When I reverse it I just get a 1.  Does that mean the diode is bad?

ccfman2004

• Archived User
Falcon Jtag Issue
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 12:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(tornado89 @ Jan 24 2010, 07:07 PM) View Post

yep, it means that the DB1F1's diode is corrupted...it should give the infinity symbol (1.) from one side and
 any number ( I think  around 600O ) the other side ...

And I thought that the "1." one was the bad one. LOL.

EDIT:  I soldered a new diode that I checked and I still get the E79 error.  The funny thing is if I test the diode with no power going to the xbox, I get the "1." on one side and "700Ohms" on the other.  If the power cable IS plugged in, I don't get "1." on the one side.  Should I be testing the diode with or without power going to the 360?

The diode I replaced also tested fine once the power cable was unplugged.

I am still at a loss.

ccfman2004

• Archived User
Falcon Jtag Issue
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 10:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(tornado89 @ Jan 24 2010, 09:39 PM) View Post

You should be testing the diode without current going through it !
but this is really strange ...umm. are you sure there're no shorts ...
perhaps you touched something with the hot iron or anything like that ....
People who had this issue said that Injecting the kv.bin ( using spi lpt cable to flash the nand )
while the box was running ( the e79 contact micro$oft screen... ) helped fixing the e79 error

Will that work as I can't even get Xell to work?  I also get the E79 error with Xell.

ccfman2004

• Archived User
Falcon Jtag Issue
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 04:10:00 PM »

I'll post some pictures when I can.

In the meantime, I removed the JTAG wires and restored the nand and at first was greeted with an error 0020.  By unplugging the console and plugging it back in fixed that and it booted to the dashboard.  At least there is nothing wrong with the console.

I get an E79 with both XBReboot and Xell.

I had no trouble when I jtagged a xenon a few weeks ago and I am using the same type of wires with both consoles.  Maybe I'll try a thinner wire like what I used when I installed my Wii modchip.

ccfman2004

• Archived User
Falcon Jtag Issue
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 11:09:00 PM »

I removed all the JTAG wires and restored the nand.  The xbox boots to the "Blades" Dashboard.

I reinstalled the JTAG wires with new diodes that I checked to make sure they were good.  I also used thinner wires.  I original used the wires found Cat5e network cable which worked fine with the Xenon JTAG.

Then I flashed Falcon Xell.  I still get a lovely E79 error.

Then I replaced the jumper wire with a 330 resistor as was suggested.  Same E79.  Tried 470 as was also suggested.  Same E79.

Any more ideas.

I know there is nothing wrong with the xbox since I boot the original xbox dash and play games.

This is becoming I thorn in my side.

Any other ideas?

ccfman2004

• Archived User
Falcon Jtag Issue
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(ccfman2004 @ Jan 26 2010, 07:09 AM) View Post

I removed all the JTAG wires and restored the nand.  The xbox boots to the "Blades" Dashboard.

I reinstalled the JTAG wires with new diodes that I checked to make sure they were good.  I also used thinner wires.  I original used the wires found Cat5e network cable which worked fine with the Xenon JTAG.

Then I replaced the jumper wire with a 330 resistor as was suggested.  Same E79.  Tried 470 as was also suggested.  Same E79.

Any more ideas.

I know there is nothing wrong with the xbox since I boot the original xbox dash and play games.

Any other ideas?

Finally figured it out.

The diagram said to solder onto pin 2 of the RF panel.  Yet it pictured the wire going to pin 6.  I moved the diode from pin 2 to pin 6 and now it works.

What a pain.

drusso55

• Archived User
Falcon Jtag Issue
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 02:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(ccfman2004 @ Jan 26 2010, 08:09 AM) View Post

Any more ideas.

Any other ideas?

I know exactly how u fell as i have  an almost identical problem, but i also had 2 bad blocks from all 3 of my nad dumps and tried to write XBR 5 times remaping the 2 bad blocks then without remapping, have re-done the jtag wiring in differnet ways on to top undernath the board repalced diodes etc.... but still e79 but good dash when i write my original nand back. Have u had any other attempts, i'm gonna try again this weekend start over from scratch will post my results.

ccfman2004

• Archived User
Falcon Jtag Issue
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 02:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(drusso55 @ Feb 4 2010, 10:07 PM) View Post

I know exactly how u fell as i have  an almost identical problem, but i also had 2 bad blocks from all 3 of my nad dumps and tried to write XBR 5 times remaping the 2 bad blocks then without remapping, have re-done the jtag wiring in differnet ways on to top undernath the board repalced diodes etc.... but still e79 but good dash when i write my original nand back. Have u had any other attempts, i'm gonna try again this weekend start over from scratch will post my results.

My problem was I was soldering to the wrong pin on the RF Panel.  You need to solder to pin 6 and I was soldering to pin 2 because the diagram said to solder to pin 2 on the RF Panel.  That was until I realized the wire was going to pin 6.  Once I soldered to pin 6, my E79 issue went away and now it works.

Jumpy_Beans

• Archived User
Falcon Jtag Issue
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 08:43:00 PM »

I have the same problem, which one is pin 6?

thejipster

• Archived User
Falcon Jtag Issue
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 11:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(ccfman2004 @ Jan 25 2010, 10:09 PM) View Post

Any more ideas.

Any other ideas?

Which points did you use for the jtag?  Make sure they are all insulated and not shorting with the chassis.
I jtagged my falcon (2 of them) to the bottom point of the board and made sure that it is not shorting w/ the chassis.  
Take a pic of the jtag for me so that I can take a look
Pages: [1] 2