xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Modern Warfare 2 Secret/unlock Game Modes  (Read 251 times)

d0ct0r46

• Archived User
Modern Warfare 2 Secret/unlock Game Modes
« on: January 11, 2010, 04:04:00 AM »

I read on another forum that there are 4/5 new game modes that have been hacked/unlocked on homebrewed enabled 360's for mw2. As the xs members are all knowing I thought I'd ask if this is true?

If so how is it done I have a xbreboot 360 and would love to know how this is done, if poss of course !!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

mod - please move topic if posted in wrong section, thanks

This post has been edited by d0ct0r46: Jan 11 2010, 12:11 PM

dufc1983

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 06:01:00 AM »

haven't heard anything about this but im also interested to find out more

DimmuJed

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 09:31:00 AM »

I saw a post on kotaku a while back that had stated that hackers on the PC had found references to other game modes on the PC version and unlocked a few. I'd imagine the same could be done on the 360 version.

xboxbman

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 10:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(DimmuJed @ Jan 11 2010, 11:31 AM) View Post

I saw a post on kotaku a while back that had stated that hackers on the PC had found references to other game modes on the PC version and unlocked a few. I'd imagine the same could be done on the 360 version.

time to pull out IDA Pro and have a look

DimmuJed

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 11:25:00 AM »

Did some quick searching, found some info on this

Unlocking Hidden MW2 Game-Types

That’s right, there’s a bunch of things that were either hidden or removed among them 3 game types and a bunch of maps, killstreak rewards and other stuff. This was a post on the official IW forums (post has already been deleted) on how to access these 3 hidden gametypes:

Step 1: Download and activate the console hack. More information about that can be found here:
    http://www.modernwar...er-for-pc-v1-1/

Step 2: Start a private match, preferably using the console.

Step 3: Once in the game, enter one of the following commands (without the quotes):
    “/set g_gametype gtnw”
    “/set g_gametype oneflag”
    “/set g_gametype vip”

Step 4: Try to play.

Addition (Thanks to Iragequit, See comments of this article):

If it isn’t working, try this: after entering the command to change the gametype, enter the command /map_restart

The first gametype – “gtnw” – is Global Thermonuclear War. To play, simply capture the objective: a nuclear bomb. When captured, the bomb detonates…
    The second gametype – “oneflag” – is One Flag CTF. To play, capture the flag in the middle and bring it back to your base.
    The third gametype – “vip” – is VIP. To play, defend the VIP. Or, if you’re on the other team, kill the VIP.

These gametypes were only tested on Afghan and Favela. They may not work for all maps.”

So it seems we have finally identified the DLC that Activision/IW wanted to pimp to us. It has been right in the game all along.

Oh IW, first the console, then lean and all the other stuff, sometimes I think you do this on purpose, like you know Kotick is a retard and the only way you can pull one over on him is doing stuff like this.

Either that or you think PC users are dumber than the average eggplant.

d0ct0r46

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 12:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(DimmuJed @ Jan 11 2010, 06:25 PM) View Post

Did some quick searching, found some info on this

Unlocking Hidden MW2 Game-Types

That’s right, there’s a bunch of things that were either hidden or removed among them 3 game types and a bunch of maps, killstreak rewards and other stuff. This was a post on the official IW forums (post has already been deleted) on how to access these 3 hidden gametypes:

Step 1: Download and activate the console hack. More information about that can be found here:
    http://www.modernwar...er-for-pc-v1-1/

Step 2: Start a private match, preferably using the console.

Step 3: Once in the game, enter one of the following commands (without the quotes):
    “/set g_gametype gtnw”
    “/set g_gametype oneflag”
    “/set g_gametype vip”

Step 4: Try to play.

Addition (Thanks to Iragequit, See comments of this article):

If it isn’t working, try this: after entering the command to change the gametype, enter the command /map_restart

The first gametype – “gtnw” – is Global Thermonuclear War. To play, simply capture the objective: a nuclear bomb. When captured, the bomb detonates…
    The second gametype – “oneflag” – is One Flag CTF. To play, capture the flag in the middle and bring it back to your base.
    The third gametype – “vip” – is VIP. To play, defend the VIP. Or, if you’re on the other team, kill the VIP.

These gametypes were only tested on Afghan and Favela. They may not work for all maps.”

So it seems we have finally identified the DLC that Activision/IW wanted to pimp to us. It has been right in the game all along.

Oh IW, first the console, then lean and all the other stuff, sometimes I think you do this on purpose, like you know Kotick is a retard and the only way you can pull one over on him is doing stuff like this.

Either that or you think PC users are dumber than the average eggplant.

Thats cool but thats for the pc. I've read that it's been hacked for the 360. I'd love to know how we can unlock these modes. Obviously only good for those of us with homebrew enabled xbox's  wink.gif

xboxbman

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 02:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(d0ct0r46 @ Jan 11 2010, 02:30 PM) View Post

Thats cool but thats for the pc. I've read that it's been hacked for the 360. I'd love to know how we can unlock these modes. Obviously only good for those of us with homebrew enabled xbox's  wink.gif

I'm gonna try to take a look at the mp_default.xex and see if I can find any references to it.  I've been looking around and have found some hints.

d0ct0r46

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 02:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxbman @ Jan 11 2010, 09:04 PM) View Post

I'm gonna try to take a look at the mp_default.xex and see if I can find any references to it.  I've been looking around and have found some hints.

nice one, post anything ya find  cool.gif

xboxbman

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 11:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(d0ct0r46 @ Jan 11 2010, 04:41 PM) View Post

nice one, post anything ya find  cool.gif

slow going. i spent 2 hours searching before realizing i was looking at the default_mp.xex for COD4 (a totally seperate hack i am looking into)

however, in the default_mp.xex for CODMW2, there is a section of code listing what i would assume is the various gametypes, such as ctf (capture the flag), koth(king of the hill), and a number of others.  gtnw(global thermal nuclear war) is there as well.

mem location is 82053FC9 for those who know anything and can contribute/help

So it seems to be there. Or at least reference to is.  Now comes the fun part of finding references to that memory section and getting it enabled.  I also need to find where the gametypes list is generated and make sure it is also referencing where gtnw is.

My assembly knowledge is mediocre at best ( I learned assembly on the motorola 68K), and this is ppc, so be patient, and i certainly promise nothing, except that i will try my best.

twisted89

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 10:02:00 PM »

im doing this from memory so sorry if the file names dont exactly match or its a bit off...

If you want to play these game types you first have to unpack the code_gfx_mp file, its zlib packed which starts at just after 4000h ( search for 78 da) copy the rest of the file to a new one then use simplyzip to unpack the data.
You then have to search for default_buttons.cfg, again just under where you will find this is more zlib packed data. Unpack this then you will see some button binds, just add something like:

'bind dpadup "set g_gametype gtnw”
'bind dpaddown  "map_restart”

(not sure if the bind commands are right so just google them)  

then repack the data making sure that it equals the same size as what you extracted, i just add a bunch of 0's
for some reason it doesnt like it when you repack it with simplyzip so i use
http://forum.xentax....1ad62527d6bdf8d
with a compression level of 8
then do the same for the file you extracted first from code_gfx_mp, enter it back in and add the 0's.

as the RSA signature is now going to be wrong you need to remove the checks in the xex. With the latest patch you need to nop the following offsets: (these are relative to a basefile extracted from the patched xex)

1AEF60 edit to 60 00 00 00
1AEFF4         "          "
1AF0BC        "          "
1AF134         "          "  

You should now be able to play the game and press up on the dpad then down and the game should restart with the specified gametype.

DimmuJed

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 11:59:00 PM »

Is it possible to release a .PPF of this or possibly an edited file somewhere?

twisted89

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 12:32:00 AM »

I can upload the cracked xex if you like but i havent made a personal code_gtf_mp file myself yet for just the game types so you will have to do it yourself following what i posted above or wait till next week when i have some time to make and test one.

xboxbman

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 12:42:00 PM »

I have a feeling that the mods won't like you uploading the xex.  

Please PM me a link though.

xcfoax

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »

If you know anything about modding the code file this should help you
bind DPAD_UP "set g_gametype vip"

d0ct0r46

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 03:25:00 AM »

If any of you guys could make a very simple tutorial for us noobs to unlock and play these games modes that would be great  smile.gif  Thanks for any help in advance  wink.gif

Also does anyone know how to mod the game i.e (more ammo in clips, higher jump etc). Is it a case of just finding the relevant section and hex-editing it ???

any help would be cool thanks
Pages: [1] 2 3