xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Possible Title Update Fix For All Games.  (Read 147 times)

DaBuisneZ

• Archived User
Possible Title Update Fix For All Games.
« on: December 30, 2009, 12:16:00 PM »

If you extract the fallout game of the year second disc which contains all the dlc. It has a content installer and the updates com in bin format on disc. I believe it to be possible to alter it to work with any game. Possibly a new app for xbr\freeboot.

dufc1983

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 07:53:00 AM »

nice find hopefully somebody can do some work with this cause rock band 2 is a pain to patch the title updates in aswell as left 4 dead 2

browny2k4

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 08:13:00 PM »

heres something weird??

i installed crackdown to my 320gb ms hdd (modded)

placed my unlocked DLC on hdd

Butn it kept crashing.  So i got the title update and it was saying something about being incompatible.

So i did the following:-

I downloaded the title update pack from http://xboxupdates.24.tl/

And extracted it to a folder called Cache on a usb pendrive.

Next i ran XBL File Patcher v1.2 and opened the Cache folder and pressed unlock (or whatever it says).

I then transferred the cache folder to my hdd on xbox 360 and voila when i booted crackdown from hdd quickboot shortcut with n3 in the drive the title updates works spot on and all my DLC is working beutifully

Hopefully this helps a few people cause i have been stuck for about an hour or so now on it.

I could not find anything else about this on the forums so hopefully i wont get flamed if i missed something.

Thanks

speedy2721

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 03:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(browny2k4 @ Jan 7 2010, 09:13 PM) View Post

heres something weird??

Butn it kept crashing.  So i got the title update and it was saying something about being incompatible.

Next i ran XBL File Patcher v1.2 and opened the Cache folder and pressed unlock (or whatever it says).

I then transferred the cache folder to my hdd on xbox 360 and voila when i booted crackdown from hdd quickboot shortcut with n3 in the drive the title updates works spot on and all my DLC is working beutifully

Hopefully this helps a few people cause i have been stuck for about an hour or so now on it.

I could not find anything else about this on the forums so hopefully i wont get flamed if i missed something.

Thanks

I can confirm that this works. I tried this on Rockband 2 using XeXloader and all my DLC worked using the title update 5 for RB2(You need the title update 5 for all the songs to show up)

Thanks alot for this method, this should help alot of people get everything working with just a HDD.

gawl4

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 04:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(browny2k4 @ Jan 7 2010, 10:13 PM) View Post

heres something weird??

Thanks

Are you saying you put a folder called cache at the root of your 360 hdd and the title updates loaded from that, or you replaced the regular cache folder with the unlocked one? And why do you even have a game disc in you dvd drive?

jeffrey92

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 10:10:00 PM »

if this works, it will be really helpful!! thank you

Im also wondering where exactly the cache folder is meant to go...

i also wish someone would upload the update pack onto usenet or megaupload. rapidshare sucks

and for the title updates, do you just need the latest? or all of them

This post has been edited by jeffrey92: Jan 12 2010, 06:13 AM

Mekapo

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 12:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(jeffrey92 @ Jan 11 2010, 10:10 PM) View Post

and for the title updates, do you just need the latest? or all of them

I'm also wondering this.  Just the most recent TU or all TUs?

browny2k4

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 03:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(gawl4 @ Jan 10 2010, 11:03 PM) View Post

Are you saying you put a folder called cache at the root of your 360 hdd and the title updates loaded from that, or you replaced the regular cache folder with the unlocked one? And why do you even have a game disc in you dvd drive?

I just replaced the regular Cache Folder through XEXLoader with the unlocked ones.

The reason for the disk being in the drive is because it has a few scratches towards the last few tracks and when i try to rip it i get errors so my partener just boots it of the disk.

For the TU i just downloaded the all in one pack, but i suppose you can just download them seperately.  

Be careful as some games like borderlands are not back compatable on system link which means you have to update all your xbox's to the latest TU

I will upload the big latest pack to megaupload.com as soon as i get my backup HDD installed.

StaticFilter

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 12:24:00 PM »

"XBL File Patcher v1.2"  <-- can't find this anywhere, does it have a full/different name?

neil321

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 02:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(DaBuisneZ @ Dec 30 2009, 09:16 PM) View Post

If you extract the fallout game of the year second disc which contains all the dlc. It has a content installer and the updates com in bin format on disc. I believe it to be possible to alter it to work with any game. Possibly a new app for xbr\freeboot.

Have you installed the 2nd disc to your xbox? Just wondering what the update is on this disc, updatespy says it blows efuses.

death69inc

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 09:02:00 AM »

"i installed crackdown to my 320gb ms hdd (modded)"

installed??? as in reg hdd install
or as in xexmenu install
or image viewer install???

gogint o try this as update issue sucks lol
jsut wanted to clear it up in case it doesnt work for me

death69inc

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 10:08:00 AM »

ok tried this with my usb hdd
updates in cache folder in usb stick
ran xbl file patcher 1.2
copied them into the cache on my 360 hdd

updates used

rackband 2
borderlands
masseffect2

only masseffect 2  loads others get incompatable update error so i guess the fix doesnt work for me sucks i was hopeing it woudl when i seen rockband stated above

EDIT!!!!   ok found out any xex that was patched before xexmenu was released will not work need to use unpatched xex well at least for me this si what i needed to do to get borderlands and rockband 2 to work

This post has been edited by death69inc: Feb 11 2010, 06:26 PM