xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Change Dvd Drive Key On Jtagged Xbox Without Pc?  (Read 164 times)

justjacko

• Archived User
Change Dvd Drive Key On Jtagged Xbox Without Pc?
« on: December 09, 2009, 06:41:00 PM »

OK so here's my situation I have a xbox V1 xenon jtagged with a dead samsung laser and a dead xbox V1 Xenon with a good Hitachi drive, however i have no way to flash the drives my pc does not support it, i could get a pci card that does but was wondering is there a way to change the DVD key in the keyvault or flash the drive with a new key from the xbox itself?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

dstruktiv

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 08:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(justjacko @ Dec 10 2009, 02:41 PM) View Post

OK so here's my situation I have a xbox V1 xenon jtagged with a dead samsung laser and a dead xbox V1 Xenon with a good Hitachi drive, however i have no way to flash the drives my pc does not support it, i could get a pci card that does but was wondering is there a way to change the DVD key in the keyvault or flash the drive with a new key from the xbox itself?? unsure.gif

If you know the DVD key of the good Hitachi drive then you can do the following...

Boot in to Xell on the JTAG'd and working Xbox, it will display the CPU key, record this.

Then you can open your nand dump that you took of the working Xbox in 360 Flash Tool and enter in the CPU key you recorded. You can then change the DVD key to the one that the Hitachi drive has and save the KV data.

Then insert this KV in to the XBR image, flash to the working JTAG'd Xbox, insert the Hitachi drive to the working Xbox. And viola!

justjacko

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 12:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(dstruktiv @ Dec 10 2009, 03:02 AM) *

If you know the DVD key of the good Hitachi drive then you can do the following...

Boot in to Xell on the JTAG'd and working Xbox, it will display the CPU key, record this.

Then you can open your nand dump that you took of the working Xbox in 360 Flash Tool and enter in the CPU key you recorded. You can then change the DVD key to the one that the Hitachi drive has and save the KV data.

Then insert this KV in to the XBR image, flash to the working JTAG'd Xbox, insert the Hitachi drive to the working Xbox. And viola!

Thanks for the info not sure if i still have the dvd key i think it should be backed up somewhere but my hard drives are a mess, if i find it i'll give it a go thanks alot. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

farmboynick

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 05:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(justjacko @ Dec 11 2009, 06:29 AM) View Post

Thanks for the info not sure if i still have the dvd key i think it should be backed up somewhere but my hard drives are a mess, if i find it i'll give it a go thanks alot. biggrin.gif

you could use ubuntu or gentoo linux on your xbox360 to flash the keys into your new drive the hitachi drive flashing apps for linux are in the download section at www.eurasia.nu , it very easy as long as you dont mind using command lines

geoffmac

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 04:48:00 AM »

Im in the same boat having a drive from a 360 i no longer have in my exploited 360.

Would be great if I can get the code from the drive currently in the console via linux.

Anyone actually done this if so how?

Thanks

re.lax

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 01:55:00 PM »

Ok so i have a question involving this, since its a diffrent drive tyoe do tou need to spoof it, or can you change shomething in the nand

farmboynick

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 04:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(re.lax @ Dec 21 2009, 07:55 AM) View Post

Ok so i have a question involving this, since its a diffrent drive tyoe do tou need to spoof it, or can you change shomething in the nand

im pretty sure there is no need to spoof with xbreboot as i have changed  drive models on a xenon xbox360 + flashed in ubuntu and it worked, but my kv is from a 4532 dash so im not 100% sure about xbr with the newer dashes kv's try it let us know how you go

dakaku

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 05:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(farmboynick @ Dec 21 2009, 12:03 PM) View Post

im pretty sure there is no need to spoof with xbreboot as i have changed  drive models on a xenon xbox360 + flashed in ubuntu and it worked, but my kv is from a 4532 dash so im not 100% sure about xbr with the newer dashes kv's try it let us know how you go

Im not sure if you mean by not spoofing that you just put another drive in.
I flashed my Liteon yesterday with the dvd key i got from xell, but had a typo.
So the dvd key was wrong.
The drive didnt read a game (well it only read the dvd video files) in xexloader.
With the right key its no prob.

justjacko

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 09:57:00 AM »

ok so i dont have the key of the hitachi drive and it has spoofed samsung firmware on it, can i use gentoo on jtagged 360 to change the firmware on the drive and the key to the one in my key vault so i can use the drive if so how what flasher? commands?? i'm not great at terminal but i'll give it a go?

xboxbman

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 04:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(farmboynick @ Dec 11 2009, 07:48 PM) View Post

you could use ubuntu or gentoo linux on your xbox360 to flash the keys into your new drive the hitachi drive flashing apps for linux are in the download section at www.eurasia.nu , it very easy as long as you dont mind using command lines

I'm very interested in this, but can't find it in the d/l section.  Could you point me in the right direction please?

justjacko

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 01:32:00 PM »

I too am interested in this method the files he means are here and Information and files are here what i want to do is get original hitachi 47 firmware and inject me key vaults dvd key and flash it to the drive using flashsec however i dont know the commands etc to do this i currently have spoofed samsung firmware on the drive and wish to return it to stock state with me dvd key injected if anyone knows how to do this please let me know how.

justjacko

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 11:14:00 AM »

ok so heres what i did ./memdump /dev/cdrom 12200 8 8000 ./firmware.bin It returned my old firmware perfectly samsung spoofed, key etc.

now heres where i ran into trouble i got an original 47 firmware from Maximus - FIRMWARE TOOLBOX V4.8 and replaced the key with the one in my keyvault then encrypted the firmware so i had orig47-e.bin

then back in gentoo i used ./flashsec47 /dev/cdrom orig47-e.bin 90004000 1000

i hit return and got a blinking cursor left 5 mins never said done i said a prayer and rebooted the box the drive still worked but no new firmware or key so still cant access game any ideas is this not possible on the xbox or do i need to unmount the drive first or what but gentoo is running from cd so if i unmount it surely it will freeze/crash any ideas???   biggrin.gif

justjacko

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 04:58:00 PM »

can i change the DVD key in my nands key vault if so how is this done i would like to know for a 16mb nand and also 256mb nand if possible??