xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Noob Xell Tutorial  (Read 80 times)

ccfman2004

• Archived User
Noob Xell Tutorial
« on: December 06, 2009, 03:03:00 AM »

Does anyone have a noob tutorial on getting Xell to boot?

I would like to grab the cpu key and keyvault.bin and decrypt it.

Jysinn

• Archived User
Noob Xell Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 07:55:00 PM »

Since most people on this scene hate noobs from past experience, here ya go I am glad to help since no1 seemed to want to help me, I really do Hate this scene but I still come back why.....

Follow below, you didn't specify what size nand you had

From hroark,
xboxhacker.net

Make sure you have everything wired right, use the shortest possible cables you can
http://www.modification-de-console.com/ima...pus-jasper).png

Make sure you got good back ups, 2 MB files and 256 MB files (which you do, but I am adding this for anyone else who reads this)
nandpro lpt: -r2 my2mbfile.bin 0
nandpro lpt: -r256 my256mbfile.bin 0

when using nandpro it is very important to use lower case -r or -w if you use -R of -W it does not include ECC
always use -r or -w

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD BACKUP
YES I WANT TO STRESS MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD BACKUP
do multiple reads, do binary file comparisons, take a look at the file with hex editor to see if it looks right, if you don't get a good backup you will brick your 360, if you compare 2 of your 2 MB nand reads and they are different, I would stop where you are and check your wires and connections, maybe shorten your wires, if you get block read errors, look at that block in a hex editor and see if it looks like there is info there, most likely it is a blank area

write the xell bin to your 360, you do not have to compile or do anything special with this file, just write the one you got from the net
nandpro lpt: -w256 jasper_6723_hack_for_256mb_512mb.bin 0

plug 360 into video (not HDMI)  and power, turn on, write down your CPU key

restore the 2 MB backup file
nandpro lpt: -w2 my2mbfile.bin 0

the xcell file only overwrites 1.7 MB of your nand, so you only have to restore your 2 MB file, there is a lot less of a chance that your 2 MB file has corruption compared to the 256 MB file, the 256 MB file takes like 8 hours to read or write (if using LPT) lot more chances something can go wrong, and you get corruption, the 2 MB should only take about 5 minutes to read or write, if your wiring is good, you should get no corruption

test your 360, if it does not turn on, or if it RROD on you, you probably have a bad backup, and you are SCREWED, so once again make sure you have a good backup, do multiple reads, do binary file comparisons, take a look at the file with hex editor to see if it looks right
eventually there will be utilities for the large block japer nands and it will be a bit easier to recover from a bad nand read, but right now there is not much out there, so be carefull

remove the wires and stuff

if you want to find your DVD key, follow instructions in this post

http://www.xboxhacker.net/index.php?topic=12845.0

good luck

(thanks hroark for helping the unknowing)

This post has been edited by Jysinn: Dec 7 2009, 03:57 AM

ccfman2004

• Archived User
Noob Xell Tutorial
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 06:52:00 AM »

Thanks.

I have a 512 Nand.