xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Mini Images - An Idea Which Is Maybe In Work  (Read 99 times)

Shaurya

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Mini Images - An Idea Which Is Maybe In Work
« on: November 29, 2009, 11:48:00 AM »

Well, i was thinking if somehow we can boot the X360 games from our X360 HDD using Single Layer DVD or something. Which will order it to start the game. In this way cost of our discs will be very less since we will be able to use DVD+-RW for this & we can boot games in the way. The discs maybe can have the SS etc & the .xbe which will tell the 360 which files to look for. Since the game will be already installed in the 360, it will directly look into the hdd and not in the disc(not sure), and boot it from the dvd.

This will really help, then maybe people may provide the installed files by extracting it from hdd directly(using xplorer 360 or similar programs.) and we can play the games using the starter.[Not Intending any Piracy  smile.gif ]
Well, i hope its in works since i have heard a similar switch or something is in progress, dont know how.
I posted the same thing about a year ago wehn NXE launched, on X360ISO but since there are more players and normal modders, they couldnt tell me nething. Since this place is deep in the scene it may tell me more.

Anyways this will be a really big leap in the scene.

-XuryaX

under420dog

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 05:11:00 PM »

you would have to break the game data or so (ain't going to happen soon though)
it's not as easy as 1 2 3 for the dvd drive tricking like on a pc...maby you can build a virtual signed patch a?
 blink.gif

torne

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 04:54:00 AM »

Now that there are rebooters which can launch patched kernels, someone can just patch out the disc check entirely. It's not been done yet, but I'm sure it will be...

Shaurya

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 12:17:00 PM »

hmm. since rebootter is launched. I guess they can make something like an emulator for X360 games, and we can play frm ISOs?

Sure it wont give us ability of achievement and stuff. But who cares if you dont need 2 use a disc.

damonnomad

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 12:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(torne @ Dec 1 2009, 07:54 PM) *

Now that there are rebooters which can launch patched kernels, someone can just patch out the disc check entirely. It's not been done yet, but I'm sure it will be...

Incorrect. Freeboot-0.02 does this.

XBR does it too, but needs the disk after installing still.

AnimeCommander

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 02:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(Shaurya @ Nov 29 2009, 10:48 AM) *

Well, i was thinking if somehow we can boot the X360 games from our X360 HDD using Single Layer DVD or something. Which will order it to start the game. In this way cost of our discs will be very less since we will be able to use DVD+-RW for this & we can boot games in the way. The discs maybe can have the SS etc & the .xbe which will tell the 360 which files to look for. Since the game will be already installed in the 360, it will directly look into the hdd and not in the disc(not sure), and boot it from the dvd.Thi

One would have to know what it checked off the disc before it loads from the drive. Then one would have to be able to extract that part and still have it appear as it should. It would be nice, as this could lead to one "boot dic" for multiple games, but just figuring out how and what is being checked is quite a task.

QUOTE(Shaurya @ Nov 29 2009, 10:48 AM) *

This will really help, then maybe people may provide the installed files by extracting it from hdd directly(using xplorer 360 or similar programs.) and we can play the games using the starter.[Not Intending any Piracy  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ]

Nice try, but this part is piracy. Why would one need the installed files if they have the original to install with and get the 'boot' files from? Piracy. One simply "providing" the files would be considered piracy/theft.

Shaurya

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 06:01:00 PM »

now XEXLoader boots from external hdd. biggrin.gif

no need discs.

Can anyone post tuts on how we can rip ISO and boot the games using xexloader?

btw we wont get achievements using that , right?

shiflux

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 06:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(Shaurya @ Dec 7 2009, 02:01 AM) *

now XEXLoader boots from external hdd. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

no need discs.

Can anyone post tuts on how we can rip ISO and boot the games using xexloader?

btw we wont get achievements using that , right?

Use xbox image browser 1.0 to extract the files from the iso to a folder. Patch the folder using x360gamehack and put the folder on the hd (fat32). There are many other programs you can use, but that's the way I do =)
No, you DO get achievements!

This post has been edited by shiflux: Dec 9 2009, 02:18 PM