xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Games Can Still Be Installed Through A Game Even After A Ban  (Read 145 times)

AngelsOfD

• Archived User
Games Can Still Be Installed Through A Game Even After A Ban
« on: November 11, 2009, 11:21:00 PM »

If you insert Froza Disc 2 and try to install it through the Dashboard, it will give the same error as all other games.
However if you try to install it through the game (Disc 1), it install successfuly.

Similar case is Disc 2 of Fallout 3 GOTY.
In this case Disc 2 is actually a game with a simple GUI and it can successfully install to the HDD.

It seems that through a game you can install things to the HDD.

Will it be possible to write a simple game like Disc 2 of Fallout 3 GOTY that all it does is ask to insert another game and then install it to the HDD ?

majinsoftware

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 12:15:00 AM »

No its not possible. We cant sign files so the xbox will just refuse to boot them.
And also you can still install the games with these methods is because the installs arnt being written with specific console info. You can install it to the hdd and it will work on any console. Unlike install normal games which only work on the xbox they are installed with because its linked to the console ID.

AngelsOfD

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 02:00:00 AM »

too bad I was hoping we will be able to workaround the HDD crippling

thanks for your reply

This post has been edited by AngelsOfD: Nov 12 2009, 10:03 AM

hawkbug

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 11:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(AngelsOfD @ Nov 12 2009, 03:00 AM) View Post

too bad I was hoping we will be able to workaround the HDD crippling

thanks for your reply

If somebody figures out a way around the hard drive game copying being disabled, they are my hero.  I don't give a crap about using Xbox Live, but losing the ability to copy games to the HDD is just not gonna fly with me.

mugumbo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 10:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(AngelsOfD @ Nov 12 2009, 01:21 AM) View Post

Similar case is Disc 2 of Fallout 3 GOTY.
In this case Disc 2 is actually a game with a simple GUI and it can successfully install to the HDD.

I have a problem with this. My xbox is banned. I can install Operation Anchorage, The Pitt, and Mothership Zeta off disc 2. But for somereason Point Look out doesn't even show in the install section. And broken steel won't copy onto my hdd, it says could not install. What can I do  uhh.gif  sad.gif

mabhz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 08:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(mugumbo @ Nov 14 2009, 02:00 PM) View Post

I have a problem with this. My xbox is banned. I can install Operation Anchorage, The Pitt, and Mothership Zeta off disc 2. But for somereason Point Look out doesn't even show in the install section. And broken steel won't copy onto my hdd, it says could not install. What can I do  uhh.gif  sad.gif

Folks, lets face it: its just a matter of time until someone smart enought figures out a way to overcome it.

Come on, if theres one thing the pirate community is known for is for being resourcefull and resilient.

The only problem is waiting, because noone knows when the fix will come......

Gregdeezer

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 02:21:00 PM »

Please bear in mind that I'm a noob to all this (and it in all honesty it's probably nothing) but does anybody think it's a coincidence that the use third party hdd's and game save cards has also been banned at this time. Could it be that they presented some kind of workaround to the ban?

No_Name

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 04:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(Gregdeezer @ Nov 19 2009, 01:21 PM) View Post

Please bear in mind that I'm a noob to all this (and it in all honesty it's probably nothing) but does anybody think it's a coincidence that the use third party hdd's and game save cards has also been banned at this time. Could it be that they presented some kind of workaround to the ban?

I have not heard of a single 3rd party hard drive being blocked thats point 1

Point 2 is NO! you cant work around the changes to the system because of what they changed on the consoles NAND.

Gregdeezer

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »

Point 1 - Whilst I do not have one myself. a lot of forums seem to have mentioned the banning of third party storage units following a recent dash update.

Point 2 - I did say it was probably nothing and explained I'm new to this.

Point 3 - What's with the attitude!

Gregdeezer

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »

Example of recently banned MU:

http://www.datel.co.uk/pdf/ARPowersavesUK.pdf

With reference to the above link (and apologies for venturing a little off topic) what precisely is the 'automatic resigning' of game saves? Presume this relates to changing somebody else's game saves to appear as yours. Could this have any use to get around the locking of gamertags/saves to a banned 360?

This post has been edited by Gregdeezer: Nov 24 2009, 11:44 PM

Syn201

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 04:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(Gregdeezer @ Nov 25 2009, 12:41 AM) View Post

Example of recently banned MU:

http://www.datel.co....owersavesUK.pdf

With reference to the above link (and apologies for venturing a little off topic) what precisely is the 'automatic resigning' of game saves? Presume this relates to changing somebody else's game saves to appear as yours. Could this have any use to get around the locking of gamertags/saves to a banned 360?

when you get banned your 360 disables the trusted saves so another 360 wont read it unless you con resign it
then rehash then drag the resigned file back to your xplorer 360
i would post a link on how to do it but apparently this is hard drive hacking (backing up my saves hard drive hacking lmao)and they don't encourage hard drive hacking here even though there is a full forum section about it
using someone elses saves as your own however is a different matter and should not be done by anyone
seeing someone get a 1000g on a game for using a save after if spent 13 hours to do the same pisses me off
the points maybe worthless but the time i put in to earn them aint and gs can get you reset and banned (after 3 resets )
you can also use xplorer 360 to add title updates to your memory card so certain games will work on banned box such as the ballad of gay tony ..

Gregdeezer

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 12:32:00 PM »

Cheers for your explanation. Looked into it all a bit more now and understand what you're saying. Decided to buy a HDD link cable and use con flag remover to restore my gamertag and saves.

In any event it appears a full solution has now been found for this problem as apparently older copies of security data are still stored on the Nand chip.

As I understand it, it's 'just' a matter of getting the 360 to use these rather than the latest version which crippled the console. Hopefully I can find someone in the North West of England to sort this for me - looks a bit too technical for me!