xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Having Problems Tring To Grab Liteon Dvd Key  (Read 483 times)

malkalm

• Archived User
Having Problems Tring To Grab Liteon Dvd Key
« on: June 23, 2009, 02:44:00 AM »

i tried this under vista 32, and xp with fresh installs. the 1st thing i did was install PortIO32.dll and then usb2serial driver for the  Maximus USB Xtractor. then i got jungleflaser and the XTRACTOR READER APPLICATION on the right com ports and i got the message genuine with XTRACTOR READER APPLICATION made by Maximus. jungleflaser gives me the error bad serial data. the othe program went into 5 loops with error can't get data from dvd drive.

here is what i am using.

i am using a via 1300sp itx motherboard. i used it from modding samsung m25 and m28
with VT8237 sata controller. it take the same driver as these controller  VIA VT6410 and VT6421, what i understand is that is has a different number because it integrated into the motherboard north or south bridge.

the other problem is that i don't have a power adaptor. i used the xbox to power the drive like i did to mod the samsung drives. the way i get the tray half open is to hit the paperclip lever and the tray pops open and the green light i the middle blinks. the same thing happens when i flash the samsung drives.

why do i get the error bad serial data. is it because i am not in mode B, do i need that sata pci card or or is the usb xtractor bad (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif)

majinsoftware

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 02:54:00 AM »

Liteon doesnt have a mode B.

What you need to do is eject with the eject button on the xbox. Then push it again to get the tray to go in. but pull the power out of the back of the dvd drive before it fully closes. Then move the tray to half way by hand.

Plug the power back into the drive (make sure the cables the right way up.)

If it still doesnt work try taking a needle and scraping around the probe hole R707 to get better contact.

malkalm

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 04:37:00 AM »

thanks that worked