xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Anyone Else Expecting A New Detection Method With Nxe?  (Read 118 times)

Robborboy

• Archived User
Anyone Else Expecting A New Detection Method With Nxe?
« on: October 29, 2008, 11:38:00 AM »

This is something I have been wondering about lately. What are the chances that Microsoft has incorporated a new way to detect flashed drives and/or burned games. IExtreme 1.4 has been out for a while so I suspect that MS has been researching it and have found a way to crack it.

Does anyone else think this may be true?

leo5150

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 10:28:00 AM »

update still plays burnt games BUT i am in no way saying it will happen BUT might or might not be way for them to tell with dumping game on hard drive to see if its a copy. only time will tell  pop.gif

Robborboy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 11:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(leo5150 @ Nov 4 2008, 02:04 PM) View Post

update still plays burnt games BUT i am in no way saying it will happen BUT might or might not be way for them to tell with dumping game on hard drive to see if its a copy. only time will tell  pop.gif

Yea thanks to everyone. I have recently discovered this on my own. The only thing I am wondering about now is will it provide MS with new ways to detect modded firmware.

Robborboy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 12:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(vendris @ Nov 7 2008, 11:17 AM) View Post

I'm pretty sure they do implement a new method of detection, hench im not connecting to xbox live since theres more information regarding this, ofcourse theres always risk, but im minimizing it as much as possible, specially now that they only sell lite-on boxes here in netherlands which aren't flashable.

I dunno, my games still recognize that there are updates available and I am not getting the "banned code" yet.

Teun.

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »

No you can't
you have to connect your xbox drive with sata to your pc mobo

openxdkman

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 10:57:00 AM »

Some devices exist that you install only once inside the 360 and then let you reflash your drive with just an usb cable between 360 and PC. Highly depends on drive model.