xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Bypass Dvd Detection In Nxe?  (Read 449 times)

guyver0

• Archived User
Bypass Dvd Detection In Nxe?
« on: November 07, 2008, 04:32:00 PM »

one of my favourite parts of nxe is the ability to copy games onto the hdd, and i upgrade my 20 gb to a 120gb myself for this, however still having the game inside your dvd tray is a hassle. can a future exploit be made that would remove the need for having the disc in the tray?

Robborboy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 05:27:00 PM »

I believe someone was talking about a switch that could emulate the SS that NXE scans for. You would need to switch it to whatever game you were playing at the time, but it is still a work in progress.

Arakon

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 05:41:00 PM »

the HDD installs use the same protection as the burnt games. in other words, when you manage to play games without any modification at all, then you can also play them off HDD without the disk. which means never, unless a miracle happens.

Robborboy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 06:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(Arakon @ Nov 7 2008, 08:17 PM) View Post

the HDD installs use the same protection as the burnt games. in other words, when you manage to play games without any modification at all, then you can also play them off HDD without the disk. which means never, unless a miracle happens.

Yea but the switch someone was talking about would emulate the function of the DVD drive without it being there.

So in other words, you flips the switch it sends the signal to the Xbox that the dvd drive has been opened then shut, the Xbox then queries for what disk is in, the switch then sends the SS depending on the game you have selected with the switch.

Arakon

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 05:36:00 AM »

you do realize it's not a matter of merely a "switch", but a quite complicated and expensive device?
it's nothing that could be easily soldered together, and would require programmers etc too.

Also, what he wants is not to get up at all. for this device, you'd still have to get up and select the game.

This post has been edited by Arakon: Nov 8 2008, 01:36 PM

Yamthief

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 11:57:00 AM »

surely the easier thing to do would be to find a way of editing all of the SS on the games on the HDD to the same ss, then you could run any game using one disc?

obviously it's not that easy though, or else someone would have done it by now  sleep.gif

Holy Ownage

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 07:55:00 PM »

The emergency *secondary* eject button pushes you back to dashboard.
However hotswapping your discs still allows them playable.

Meaning you can get as many 360's as you want playing together, as long as they're all hardmodded to be hot-swappable.

SasquatchRVC

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 08:34:00 AM »

the crc check would be a problem.

golem914

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 03:45:00 PM »

Thinking of about the same thing, except easier. instead of using a switch, if it is possible using just the SS file on a dvd and using the original to create the backup on the hdd. Then you would only need to extract and burn the small dvd for it to work. That's if this is possible. This would save alot of time, and money if you could use normal dvd instead of DL's

torne

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 04:32:00 AM »

Probably possible, yup. Would just have to have the firmware look for the security data at different sectors.

Mickey Free

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 09:32:00 PM »

Its not going to be too hard to get around, be patient. I have been swimming through nxe via linux-hex and it doesn't seem to be too complicated. So far the only solution I could come up with, is to rewrite some of the code to have it look for the SS on the HDD instead of the disc. Now just have to make sure that the SS is even being written to the HDD, if not then Im sure there will be a way to put it there, if so, we are on the way!!!

torne

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 06:01:00 AM »

You know nobody has released a way of booting a modified dashboard, right? If we could do that, then we could probably disable the disc check very easily, yes, but that's kinda a big stumbling block smile.gif

doublejbass

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 06:00:00 PM »

This is literally the thing I want the most out of the entire scene, and I want it for games I own, which is the sad part. It's not THAT big of a pain to get up and change discs, but it BURNS me up like nobody's business because I know the console has everything it needs on the HDD, it just needs you to prove you're not a criminal. Makes me so angry.

skyliner99

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 02:47:00 PM »

don't really know too much about hacking the 360, but with my understanding, when the xbox reads a game from the harddrive, it checks for a valid SS in the dvd drive. (please correct me if i'm wrong) If thats the case, then why not put the SS on a blank DVD in same sector as a retail one.

So when the xbox checks for a valid SS it sees it on the DVD and launches the game. That would eliminate lengthy burn processes

torne

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 05:50:00 AM »

Because that will save you a couple of minutes, but still use up a dual layer disc, and would be incredibly easy for MS to change their disc checking procedure to check for and ban you. Seems like a waste of effort, no? Why not just burn a full backup? smile.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 4