xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Do I Access The Game Files On A 360 Iso?  (Read 83 times)

scuba156

• Archived User
How Do I Access The Game Files On A 360 Iso?
« on: June 26, 2008, 04:46:00 AM »

you can browse the iso and extract files using Xbox Backup Creator

Phe0nix

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 03:14:00 AM »

I was just doing that very thing but decided against Dameon tools to mount image. I too converted
the .iso created by XMC to a game.iso via Schtrom 3.2 and then used XBOX360 File Extraction Tool (X360FExT) to extract all files and folders within the game.iso as the application couldn't extract anything
from the .iso created by XBC.  I wanted to delete the $System Update directory and create a new .ISO that i could burn via IMBBurn and have a backup that doesn't ask for a update. If anyone knows how to put the extracted files back into an .iso i would love to know. I've used several application but DVDMulleterBeta10.2
fails at loading the image so i don't want to burn as i am sure it will not work.

Bearhug

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 12:37:00 AM »

I've used a program called "Magic ISO" in the passed for accessing and editing iso's.  Works a treat.  From memory I had to buy it but I'm sure it was quite cheap, so you should just be able to google for it.  This has been a great help in editing files in PC game iso's and Xbox 1 iso's before burning them, to allow my backups to work.

This app lets you convert BIN files into ISO's, open and edit iso's, compile iso's etc.  From what you are all asking for I'm sure this app will do the trick.

I'm not sure what format the audio files are in though, so I don't know how much help this will all prove to be for you.