xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Soft Mod On Usb/cd  (Read 168 times)

KRQKAN

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Soft Mod On Usb/cd
« on: February 24, 2008, 03:58:00 PM »

wouldnt it be possible 2 make a softmod hack that u put on a cd/usb stick and just run it through the 360 and install it directly on the hdd so i dont have 2 break tha warrenty and if the 360 gets broken u can just send it in and they wont know a thing smile.gif

Scan-C

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 09:40:00 AM »

Nope, not possible and what you want to do is called warranty fraud and will get you banned here.

rooter75

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 06:42:00 PM »

Possible? hmm tough question at this time no, but could it be? maybe. I suggest you go and try it out lets us know how it goes.

IId3fi13rII

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 08:28:00 PM »

omfg wow

lol

dude we wouldnt be able to run a burned disc in the dvd drive enless we flashed it (which voids the warranty) and also we cant hardly do anything to run any type of exploit from a usb key at all. cant even copy stuff to it or from it.

but i mean u could try it.

lmao
 jester.gif

ihaveabon3r

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 04:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(Scan-C @ Feb 25 2008, 05:40 PM) *

Nope, not possible and what you want to do is called warranty fraud and will get you banned here.

It will get you banned read the rules

STEVEHABS

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 07:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(ihaveabon3r @ Mar 15 2008, 06:55 AM) View Post

It will get you banned read the rules

says the newb with 16 posts who is repeating what the mod said.

scuba156

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 11:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(STEVEHABS @ Jun 3 2008, 12:19 AM) View Post

says the newb with 16 posts who is repeating what the mod said.

says the newb with 368 posts.

dont attack other members for enforcing the rules. your just flame baiting (and that will also get you banned).

(and Scan-C isn't a moderator here, just a well respected member who knows the rules)

STEVEHABS

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 03:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(scuba156 @ Jun 2 2008, 02:35 PM) *

says the newb with 368 posts.

dont attack other members for enforcing the rules. your just flame baiting (and that will also get you banned).

(and Scan-C isn't a moderator here, just a well respected member who knows the rules)

Nah i wasnt trying to flame bait i just dont see why ihaveabon3r had to repeat the same thing scan c did like we didnt see it the first time.

i also dont see the point of repeating rules everyone should know them b4 they post.

This post has been edited by STEVEHABS: Jun 2 2008, 10:42 PM

scuba156

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 03:59:00 PM »

many people dont know the rules. look through the many sections and look at all the locked topics. search for members with the status of XS-banned. many people just post and dont care about the rules, or dont bother to look at them.

most people think that because its called xbox-'scene' that we are a piracy scene, in which case scene is commonly used. but scene also means a gathering

BlackWar

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 10:02:00 AM »

back to topic.....

we know that you can play media files from a thumb drive on the 360, and even install updates to the 360 via burned disk and even thumb drive, I know because I have done it.

the problem though is that the security that MS put into place on the 360 is tight....very tight. You would need a way of either...

1: finding some way to run an exploit that will take down the security on the 360 so an exploit would be launched at it

2: modify an update file with patched files already contained in it so when you do update it, the exploit is already in place

and here are the problems with what I stated......

1: the security is top-notch on the 360. brute forcing or "patched fonts" will not work this time around on it, and most exploits wont work unless you are able to downgrade the 360, which requires I chip I think, but not sure.

2: all updates that you can download to pc are still signed. you so much as change or add one hex digit and the signature breaks, meaning that the 360 will not accept it. If you can find a way to protect the signature of the file and still inject some exploit by this method, well, this would be the only option at this point, but such a method is easer said then done, lol.

linkinworm

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 05:41:00 PM »

not possible with a TFF picture, or a music file(dunno if they can contain real code) i know the psp had a >TTF explit back in the 2.X days, but saying that the 360 security was near inpeneratrable without a drive chip. just an idea, on how a USB/CD softmod could work, more than likely wouldnt