xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Deeper Formatting?  (Read 76 times)

Alize

• Archived User
Deeper Formatting?
« on: November 23, 2007, 03:02:00 AM »

Hey all,

Around the release of Halo 3 and BioShock, my xbox really started playing up reading backups! At certain points in the games it would say 'Disc Unreadable' everytime, it puzzled me for ages, I tried using different Verbatims, different burners, i cleaned my laster and adjusted my pots (right down to 2.2k ohms at one point!!)

I left it for months and just used the originals, but i read recently a lot of people are having this problem. After reading recently, people said it was corruped files on the HDD, i tried it without the HDD in, works FLAWLESSLY everytime, fails EVERYTIME with HDD plugged in, so i formatted my drive, still the same, I'm guessing the corrupt files are in the hidden partition that isn't touched by the format? I formatted it using the 360 format function, what I want to know is, is their a way to format ALL of it via plugging it into your PC but ensuring it will still work in my 360 or should I just buy a new HDD?

The HDD functions fine, loads profiles, music etc all fine, can save to it fine, but some files on it must be corrupt...

Any ideas much appreciated.

Sorry, could  this be moved to the right section please?

This post has been edited by Alize: Nov 23 2007, 11:04 AM

BlackWar

• Archived User
Deeper Formatting?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 01:54:00 PM »

I havent played with the HD of the 360, but how much free room does it say it has on the drive? it could be that there is a certian spot that does not get formated, but it still needs that spot for file swapping. Just a thought.