xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [tutorial]how To Dump The 1bl.bin, Fuses.bin And The Nand With Gentoo  (Read 412 times)

Derfuhrer

• Archived User
[tutorial]how To Dump The 1bl.bin, Fuses.bin And The Nand With Gentoo
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2008, 02:13:00 AM »

Can someone who has done this successfully tell us (me) how to do this in an easier to digest way. Specifically:

Do I connect the 360 directly via Ethernet or through router?
The image to burn to disc I load this on the 3670 yes and then do I enter the tect in the quote into the 360.

Is there a more step by step guide...as Id like to get the drive key out of a motherboard

THanks  smile.gif

Arakon

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2008, 12:24:00 PM »

beside the fact that you deserve to be shot for using that nick, you are doing EVERYTHING wrong. you didn't read shit, obviously.
you need an exploitable console, an infectus, and to downgrade, and besides that, you can not get the key from the MB unless you have a working drive already. which has been said several hundred times on these forums already.

This post has been edited by Arakon: Aug 31 2008, 07:24 PM

Derfuhrer

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2008, 03:39:00 PM »

Oh so high and mighty Arakon.........bow before the Lord Arakon...get over yourself  sleeping.gif

The consoles dash is 4548...dont need to downgrade. So you are saying I cant get the drive key from the Mobo unless I have the drive key in the drive? Hmm the whole exercise is pointless cos if I knew the key I wouldn't be trying to do this...

Ohh and I quite like my nic, please keep your comments to yourself you unfriendly & unhelpful little man

Arakon

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2008, 03:50:00 PM »

Unfriendly and unhelpful? Yeah. towards useless nazi cunts that are too fucking stupid to read even the most basic tutorials and infos. people like you have no right to pollute forums with their presence.

Derfuhrer

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2008, 12:57:00 AM »

Oh really...you are the one who cant control yourself and spew anger & hatred...this type attitude causes MORE pollution than a nooby question   grr.gif

You are most definately unhelpful and unfriendly......in fact I asked another member in this forum and he gave me short answer to set me straight...is this so hard to do?? Contrary to what you believe I have read up as much as I can in the forum...seems though that I got to deep without realising that what I want to do is not possible.

You seem to think that Xbox-scene is a private club for the uber experienced...well Arakon in reality it's a community. There will always be members who are experienced and those who are not....deal with it..

You could have politely told me to continue my research...instead you insult me and then because my reply doesnt sit well with your ego...you flame the shit out of me??

Isnt that against site rules....tsk tsk tongue.gif

(My nic really gets up your nose hey I'll bet its really big....lol)

torne

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2008, 11:01:00 AM »

Also, please don't PM people (like me) asking the same questions as you ask in the forum. Especially not when many people (including me) have answered the exact same question dozens of times before in many threads. Especially not if the answer is already implied in the same thread. Especially not if you're going to be rude to people who answer you. Especially not if those people are folks like Arakon who not only know their stuff, but are actively contributing to the research you want the results of.

Derfuhrer

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2008, 01:21:00 AM »

My apologies torne....I digress I should have posted in Newbie at the very least....it was not my intention to upset the balance in here. Although I dont belive the way I have been accused & sworn at by Arakon was called for under the cirumstances as there was nothing directed at him in my initial post....

Although I suspect (nor expect) that none of you 'higher ranked' members would admit or agree with this opnion in any case..... dry.gif

rfrank128

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2008, 01:32:00 PM »

I hate to bug you all but I could really use some help. If I have a infectus 2 chip installed on a dvd drive, and I take that drive and install it on a xbox that I do not know the dvdkey, with this tutorial is there a way for me to change and or extract the key off the motherboard? i am sorry for buging you but this is very important.

If I have a known good working motherboard but I dont have the drive that originally came with that particular xbox is there anyway for me to get a dvd installed and working on said motherboard?? please help. Thanks

torne

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2008, 05:53:00 AM »

This exact question has been asked and answered dozens and dozens of times, including in *this thread*.

Rue-kun

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2009, 10:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(zouzzz @ Sep 10 2007, 02:02 PM) *

How to dump the 1BL.bin, FUSES.bin and the nand

The original tutorial : http://gueux-forum.net/index.php?showtopic=166901
Sorry for  english.

You need :
- xbox360 4532 or 4548
- USB keyboard and USB mouse
- PC with windows
- this files dumps with winscp403.exe, the dump32 et dump32.c files and the tmbincdump pack with : tmbincdump-read2, tmbincdump-read3, tmbincdump-read2.c and tmbincdump-read3.c files.

1 /Connect your xbox360 with the ethernet connection.

2/ Launch Cd live de Gentoo Beta 2 (don't work with the Beta 1)

3/ In Gentoo go to Applications->Accessories->Terminal and write :

4/ In your PC, launch WinSCP and write the boxes like below. Write mylongpwd in Password and press Login :

The WinSCP ask you the password, enter 2 times : mylongpwd and 2 times: mysecondpwd.
Now the xbox360 and the PC are connected.
At right -> the xbox360
At left -> the computer

5/ Copy/Paste the files : dump32 , dump32.c, tmbincdump-read2, tmbincdump-read3, tmbincdump-read2.c et tmbincdump-read3.c in /var/tmp :

6/ In WinSCP, press ctrl+T.

In Enter command write chmod u+x ./dump32 and Execute, now write  sudo ./dump32 and Execute. The dump of Fuses (with the CPUkey) and the 1BL.bin (with the 1BLkey) are copy in /var/tmp :

Delete the nand.bin, it's corrupt.

7/ In WinSCP again, press ctrl+T.

In Enter command write chmod u+x ./tmbincdump-read2 and Execute, now write sudo ./tmbincdump-read2 and Execute.

In Enter command tapez chmod u+x ./tmbincdump-read3 and Execute, now write sudo ./tmbincdump-read3 and Execute.

The xbox360 nand is in tmbincdump.bin in /var/tmp.

8/ Copy/Paste all the dump files on your PC.
Here what should have to you on your PC :

The description :
- The cpukey : the CPUkey is in FUSES.TXT file. Open the file with Blocnote, the key is in the lignes 3 and 6:

- The tmbincdump.bin file is the nand (17 301 504 octets), if the file is open with the Hexadecimal Editor, you se that :

- The 1BL.bin file : if the file is open with the Hexadecimal Editor, you se that :

Thanks to :
openxdkman for his guide, cpasjuste, the xboxhackers BBS (TS, tmbinc and...) and the gx-mod forum.

Maybe it's just me but I am confused. What do I do with gentoo? Boot it up with my PC or the xbox because it just don't get it. Sorry if I sound retarded.

openxdkman

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2009, 02:09:00 AM »

You boot gentoo live cd on the 360.
That allows you to run a small program you can compile yourself easily that reads your 360 console cpu key (it reads all the states of the internal cpu chipset efuses)

Here are some links to burried posts related to gentoo usage :

How to grab cpu key
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=615906

How to swap between 4532 and recent firmware version
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=620009

xenkit (hardware accelerated 3D sample by tmbinc, modified for gentoo)
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=620515

This post has been edited by openxdkman: Jan 19 2009, 10:19 AM

Rue-kun

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2009, 07:41:00 AM »

Thank you. Just a regular live cd of it or do I have to burn it a special way?

openxdkman

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2009, 12:27:00 PM »

The live cd itself is normal, any burner will work.

The hard part is to boot it (you boot a patched King Kong backup on a console with 4532 kernel)
then you switch to live cd and cross finger that it boots (it's not a 100% reliable procedure, but you just need it to boot once in order to get cpu keys). Once you have cpu keys you control completely your kernel version (you can upgrade, reflash to older version of firmware by using flash tool program to update lock down value in firmware image and let infectus flash it, etc).

The point 2 of tutorial above (launch live cd) hides a lots of steps.
Check the link I give (how to grap cpu key), you find notes about how to patch King Kong backup, and you will have to choose between 2 methods (serial cable -involves soldering- or cd booting -may need a samsung drive for that maybe-)

This post has been edited by openxdkman: Jan 19 2009, 08:33 PM

Rue-kun

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2009, 09:51:00 PM »

Oh I can't do it then. That stinks. I need to get the key so I can flash it because I got a bad copy of my firmware from my old drive and the key was wrong  and I already tossed my old drive. Well now I guess I have a giant dvd player.

Rue-kun

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »

Is it possible to recover a key after it has been flash with a bad key? I mean if the 360 only lets it play dvds how will it boot king kong?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4