xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Chances For Guitar Hero 2 Hacks  (Read 250 times)

xnoelahg

• Archived User
Chances For Guitar Hero 2 Hacks
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 10:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ May 8 2007, 05:41 AM) View Post

the songs on the 360 might be signed, so you prob couldnt do shit anyhow

When you encode your own CDs to the 360's hard drive, doesn't it sign those files (Granted they're probably wma format)?

junkie_XL

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 09:12:00 AM »

Ha-Ha, notice how mr. flame-happy Prankster STFU.  I've noticed something on all these boards, and it's that everytime someone has an idea that another doesn't agree with, like, etc it's "n00b this, should've read that, or what's the point if you do that they'll do this and the outcome will be X".

If no one ever posted these questions or gave up because they thought "hey, what's the point in trying, the outcome will be X no sense in seeing what happens", none of this would ever have happened.  So those of you who like to spout off shit like think before posting or read that or research this before posting your dumb n00b questions...  maybe you should take your own advice.  *COUGHpranksterCOUGH*

foogrrr

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2007, 02:42:00 PM »

Hi all,

Editing songs for guitar Hero 2 on the 360 is almost there.  The actual forum you should check out is @ scorehero.com.  They have a newb thread regarding Homebrew songs on the 360.  

At the Current moment, GHEX (Guitar Hero Explorer) can remove the neccessary files from the ISO, unfourtunetly cannot re-inject them yet (New version is supposed to have support for that).

Also meantioned on the scorehero.com forums is the hack for the DLC songs, my understanding is that the person who was able to modify the DLC songs has been contacted by Harmonix to not release the hack, in fear of scoreboard manipulation and so forth, and he accepted that, and has not released it.

cheers

The Prankster

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 08:14:00 PM »

Though I am failing to care much whether this is true or not, since I don't play this game, but we were running off the 'assumed' notion that the songs would be signed by M$. If in-fact you guys are talking about taking files/songs FROM an ISO of an original game disc of guitar hero II, then it would be signed. Thus when it is signed, you can take anything from, extract, view... and see anything unencrypted. BUT it is signed, so if you inject/alter it, the signature becomes invalid and the 360 won't allow it to run.

THOUGH we get a lot of your crap coming in with one post putting your ridiculous claims/accusations/speculations/questions WITHOUT reading and doing research first, and I'm not implying, simply stating a FACT. Only joining the scene when you have a problem, and expect everyone to just bow down and suck your.... over your problem that seems to be OH SO GENUINE!

I have been thinking though that maybe you're working out of ISO image's of the hdd, and that is allowed to be altered, and I'm not sure if GH2 was smart/stupid enough to sign there songs that people downloaded, so we're not saying it's impossible, but we were thinking you were thinking about the dvd ISO's.

Cheers and have fun with Guitar Hero II.

xnoelahg

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2007, 08:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(The Prankster @ Jun 1 2007, 03:14 AM) View Post

Though I am failing to care much whether this is true or not, since I don't play this game, but we were running off the 'assumed' notion that the songs would be signed by M$. If in-fact you guys are talking about taking files/songs FROM an ISO of an original game disc of guitar hero II, then it would be signed. Thus when it is signed, you can take anything from, extract, view... and see anything unencrypted. BUT it is signed, so if you inject/alter it, the signature becomes invalid and the 360 won't allow it to run.

THOUGH we get a lot of your crap coming in with one post putting your ridiculous claims/accusations/speculations/questions WITHOUT reading and doing research first, and I'm not implying, simply stating a FACT. Only joining the scene when you have a problem, and expect everyone to just bow down and suck your.... over your problem that seems to be OH SO GENUINE!

I have been thinking though that maybe you're working out of ISO image's of the hdd, and that is allowed to be altered, and I'm not sure if GH2 was smart/stupid enough to sign there songs that people downloaded, so we're not saying it's impossible, but we were thinking you were thinking about the dvd ISO's.

Cheers and have fun with Guitar Hero II.

I know you're trying to make a point, but you don't have to be an asshole to the guy.

I'm still wondering about songs that you encode yourself onto your 360's hdd. Aren't those signed as well? It's possible that the signature would be the same, and you could simply swap them somehow. I haven't compared the two, so I may be getting way ahead of myself. I still think it's a theory worth checking into. If I can borrow my friend's GH2, I'll take a look at the files and see if there's any potential to that.

The Prankster

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2007, 06:47:00 AM »

Well asshole or not, give it a good try for the DL'd content, chances are it's signed though. Signatures aren't swappable, once a file has been altered, the signature has changed, and it won't run.

xnoelahg

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2007, 05:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(The Prankster @ Jun 2 2007, 01:47 PM) View Post

Well asshole or not, give it a good try for the DL'd content, chances are it's signed though. Signatures aren't swappable, once a file has been altered, the signature has changed, and it won't run.

I'm thinking more along the lines of swapping a signed file for a signed file. I'll need to look at the files on the GH2 disc, and the files in my music directory on my hdd. The tricky part will be dependant on how the 360 names it's music files.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2007, 09:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(The Prankster @ Jun 2 2007, 08:47 AM) View Post

why are the chances good it would be signed? typically the executable files are signed, but not resources. everything i have heard in the past about this issue said that the guitar hero songs where encrypted in a container, but not signed.

deadparrot

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2007, 09:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Jun 12 2007, 05:16 PM) View Post

why are the chances good it would be signed? typically the executable files are signed, but not resources. everything i have heard in the past about this issue said that the guitar hero songs where encrypted in a container, but not signed.

ALL XBL container files are signed.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2007, 11:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(deadparrot @ Jun 12 2007, 12:23 PM) *

ALL XBL container files are signed.

i didn't mean the downloadable content, i meant the songs on the disc itself, and missed the part where he was responding to someone talking about dlc. if these are unsigned, it should be possible to find a way to replace them like on the ps2

This post has been edited by Reaper527: Jun 12 2007, 06:52 PM
Pages: 1 [2]