xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Yet Another Kk Exploit Problem Thread!  (Read 307 times)

stivheys

• Archived User
Yet Another Kk Exploit Problem Thread!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 05:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(jacksback @ May 17 2007, 09:19 AM) *

Everything you have explained happens when you run the patched King Kong game on the Unhackable 4552 Kernel which leads me to believe your current Kernel is having issues

Sounds like you did everything right when patching the game. The only thing different to me is the Kernel Version. I am on 4548 (Used Gears of War to update)

Once you press start in the King Kong game the screen should start to load just showing the ocean and the boats (Dark Scene). Your DVD drive should then flash and eject.

Let us know if the kernel update helps

right this confuses me a bit more now i have gears of war and must of run the update when i got it but i downloaded th 4532 (lower) kernal and my xbox updated????? is this normal? surely it would tell me i dont need this when i insert the disk!! im goin to upgrade my firmware later from 4.2 to 5.x see if that makes any difference  

Coasters any1????

This post has been edited by stivheys: May 17 2007, 12:43 PM

jacksback

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 10:32:00 AM »

Sorry My Bad

I think I used the HD DVD update

Sonic-NKT

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2007, 06:34:00 AM »

so my selfmade kk doesnt work at all, wont be recognized by the 360. again 3x DLs for nothing...
oh man i start to get really pissed. what did i do wrong?
can someone give me a detailed tutorial on how to back up kingkong with wxripper, patching and burning?
all tutorials i found write different infos.

if i knew someone who has a working copy i would pay him to make a copy for me and then send it to me.

bummer

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 04:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(jacksback @ May 17 2007, 05:32 PM) View Post

Sorry My Bad

I think I used the HD DVD update

Did you ever update to 4548?

-bummer

bummer

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2007, 05:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(bummer @ May 30 2007, 12:24 PM) View Post

Did you ever update to 4548?

-bummer

Well I can answer my own question now. Just upgraded to 4548 and still no joy. Exact same problems as before.

-bummer

Sonic-NKT

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2007, 12:34:00 PM »

why is this happening to us sad.gif

SO here are my exact specs:

Xbox 360 Core System (Europe/German)
2005-10-01 MFR-Date
Extreme Firmware 2.3
Hitachi Drive
VGA Adapter
64MB Memory Card
KingKong PAL

i just bought a kreon drive from ebay and will try it again.. i mainly bought the 360 for some games and linux and i dont want to give up on that.

does any dev has a idea why this is happening to some of us?

jacksback

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2007, 03:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(Sonic-NKT @ May 18 2007, 01:34 PM) View Post

so my selfmade kk doesnt work at all, wont be recognized by the 360. again 3x DLs for nothing...
oh man i start to get really pissed. what did i do wrong?
can someone give me a detailed tutorial on how to back up kingkong with wxripper, patching and burning?
all tutorials i found write different infos.

if i knew someone who has a working copy i would pay him to make a copy for me and then send it to me.

If your King Kong copy is not loading at all I would guess you don't have the security sectors patched correctly. If you are buying a Kreon updated DVD rom and using the Schtrom 360 backup creator you will be fine as it correctly dumps all the required sectors. Once dumped just patch the iso with the shader hack. I got my shader hack from Xbins

stivheys

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2007, 09:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(jacksback @ Jun 3 2007, 11:09 PM) *

If your King Kong copy is not loading at all I would guess you don't have the security sectors patched correctly. If you are buying a Kreon updated DVD rom and using the Schtrom 360 backup creator you will be fine as it correctly dumps all the required sectors. Once dumped just patch the iso with the shader hack. I got my shader hack from Xbins

i dont think that is the problem i have a kreon drive and use schtrom 360 and burn with imgburn and have te same problem n ive burnt approx 70 games with only kk (ptched) having a problem

kingboorok

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 11:55:00 AM »

Can't patch my ISO. when it tries to patch everything is OK until the last (i think so) point. It comes to shader.bin no such file or directory. What does that mean?

What does this patch exactly do? (Maybe I can do it manually)

jacksback

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(stivheys @ Jun 5 2007, 04:52 PM) View Post

i dont think that is the problem i have a kreon drive and use schtrom 360 and burn with imgburn and have te same problem n ive burnt approx 70 games with only kk (ptched) having a problem

That is so strange, I used wxripper and got it to work 1st time. To confirm this is my exact setup and the whole process I followed.

Xbox 360 Kernel Version 2.0.4532.0
Hitachi 46D with Xtreme 4.2
UK Pal King Kong game ripped with wxRipper and patched with UK SS
Downloaded Shader hack from here http://www.xbins.org...ot_for_XELL.rar
I then opened a DOS prompt and ran the following in the same directory that my King Kong iso is in, named King_Kong.iso by the way

win_patch.exe King_Kong.iso

Burn iso using CloneCD. First I browse to the directory I have my King Kong iso in and double click my KK.DVD file which contains the following

LayerBreak=1913760
King_Kong.iso

After burning is complete I load King Kong, Press start, DVD ejects, Insert Linux CD and boot into Linux

I have re-done everything mentioned above on an unpatched KK iso and using a Samsung Drive running Xtreme 5.3A and it works perfectly

jacksback

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2007, 03:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(Sonic-NKT @ Jun 3 2007, 08:10 PM) View Post

why is this happening to us sad.gif

SO here are my exact specs:

Xbox 360 Core System (Europe/German)
2005-10-01 MFR-Date
Extreme Firmware 2.3
Hitachi Drive
VGA Adapter
64MB Memory Card
KingKong PAL

i just bought a kreon drive from ebay and will try it again.. i mainly bought the 360 for some games and linux and i dont want to give up on that.

does any dev has a idea why this is happening to some of us?

Hey Sonic

What Kernel version have you got by the way?, System Blade, System Info

Sonic-NKT

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2007, 11:02:00 AM »

bought it with 2.0.2858.0 and then i downloaded and burned the 2.0.4532.0 on cd and updated to that. and that is the kernel i have currently on my 360. i was never on live and the latest game i played was Dead Rising, so i kernel should not be the problem

diNgdoNg

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2007, 03:44:00 AM »

... same probs here

2x Xbox 360 Core System (Europe/German), Kernel 2.0.4532.0, Firmware XTRM-Hitachi v2.2, Drive 47DH
     KingKong (PAL) using  xbins/King_Kong...for_XELL.rar, XBoxBackupCreator v2.3  and ImgBurn v2.1.0.0
         iso (md5 D0693E56FD60D49F15DEC411B17B13D5), patched (md5 8AFDA1B8355E74066056AB531FFCA5E7)
     -> backups always boot  -> patched iso doesn't, even if intros are re-enabled the start menu is never reached

Can't imagine a hardware related problem here - should rather be an iso-creation issue I hope
maybe there will be a downloadable 'working' iso somewhen... somewhere - who knows

Regards

HackaJack

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2007, 11:20:00 AM »

What Version of King Kong do you have?

I bought an old "NOT Classic" version off Ebay and it worked 1st time.

diNgdoNg

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2007, 07:13:00 AM »

@HackaJack

happy.gif ... yep, of course it isn't a "Classic" version -  did you use wxRipper to create the iso ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3