xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Yet Another Kk Exploit Problem Thread!  (Read 306 times)

Sonic-NKT

• Archived User
Yet Another Kk Exploit Problem Thread!
« on: April 22, 2007, 05:29:00 PM »

Hi, i just tried the new exploit on my Pal KK copy, i patched the "image.000" file. patch worked finde i think, atleast after some lines on the screen it said "patch ok.".
After that i burned the image at 2x and put it into the xbox360, the 360 recognizes it as game but right after it started it hangs at a black screen where the ubisoft video should be (i know it should skip that). it also doesnt load anymore.
can anyone help me? is there a way to patch my image manually?

PS: i burned the image without patching after that to see if it is the image and it works perfect.

Sonic-NKT

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 07:48:00 AM »

what does this patch software acutally do?
it renames the movies and patches shaders? how many? just one?
perhaps someone can give me the patched shader of a working copy and then i could replace it manually without the software and renaming the videos (where my disc seem to crash)

jacksback

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 02:46:00 AM »

I'm not too sure what you did wrong but let me explain how I got mine to work 1st time. I backed up King Kong using wxripper (The original King Kong, not the classics re-print!) and named it King_Kong.iso

I then downloaded and injected the SS, PFI and DMI for the game using backup creator and then ran "win_patch.exe King_Kong.iso" from the command prompt and all worked fine. I used Clone CD to burn the image with a layer break equal to 1913760. If you like I could send you a rar of the patcher I used.

openxdkman

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 09:40:00 AM »

You should also say which shader you use.

There is a shader that will send "Xe>" through serial device and waits.
There is another (but I haven't tested it) that opens dvd tray and expects a cd with code at lba20.

The display of game itself will be messed up, it's normal.
I use serial device shader: I see a boat with a messed up ocean and small message in middle of screen while "Xe>" appears in my terminal window.

This post has been edited by openxdkman: Apr 24 2007, 04:43 PM

Sonic-NKT

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 10:05:00 AM »

i use the readcd version, cause i dont have a serial adapter.
the game doesnt really boot at all like i said. the whole console freezes after the game starts to boot at a black screen. only option is to restart the console.

jacksback

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 12:21:00 PM »

I used the shader which ejects the dvd drive after pushing start.  

How did you go about creating your backup and so on?

bummer

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 05:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(Sonic-NKT @ Apr 23 2007, 12:29 AM) *

Hi, i just tried the new exploit on my Pal KK copy, i patched the "image.000" file. patch worked finde i think, atleast after some lines on the screen it said "patch ok.".
After that i burned the image at 2x and put it into the xbox360, the 360 recognizes it as game but right after it started it hangs at a black screen where the ubisoft video should be (i know it should skip that). it also doesnt load anymore.
can anyone help me? is there a way to patch my image manually?

PS: i burned the image without patching after that to see if it is the image and it works perfect.

Sonic-NKT did you ever get it working? I'm having the same problem.

jacksback

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 02:26:00 PM »

You need to tell me what steps you took to get up to this point

I can then try and help you

BlueCop

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 09:29:00 PM »

I too am having the exact same problem. here is in detail what i tried

took my old spare 360 and update with the HD_DVD_10-2006 to get to 4532.
updated the hitachi drive firmware 47dj to the latest extreme 1.7 jitter firmware.
tested out my backup copy of king kong and everything ran fine.
took the iso image of king kong and patched it in windows and it said the patch was ok
(md5 of patched image 53EF26A814140DA0D68EE2D4763012BF)
burned and verified with imgburn with layer break at 1913760(like i do all my backups)
tried it in the 360 and only get a blank screen. it sounds like its reading for about 5 seconds then stops with the disc still spining and then just freezes indefinitely. i let it sit there maybe 10 minutes. i also tried other games on the exact same media burned with the same burner and they all work fine on this console.

i then tried swaping out the hitachi drive with a spare samsung i had. i matched the keys and patched to report as a hitachi drive.
tested with other burned games and it worked fine.
i then tried king kong and it acts the exact same way as before.
I reverified the burn against my patched image and it was all ok.

so i am stumped. i don't know what i am going wrong on. can you guys having problems post kernel, drive model and which version hacked firmware you are using. also it would be nice to have a md5 of the king kong image you burned to check against someones working image.

oh i almost forgot. this is a us ntsc machine with a king kong ntsc orginal release not the new classic.

if anyone can help me and the other people out. big thanks

Edit: things i am going to try

1. Rerip, repatch, and reburn image and test on both drives.
2. try updating to 4548 vulnerable kernel(i don't think this should matter though)

This post has been edited by BlueCop: May 15 2007, 04:32 AM

Sonic-NKT

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 05:42:00 AM »

hi,
i have a German Pal Xbox360 Core, 4532 Kernel, hitachi drive.
i dont know which kingkong version i tried, got a copy from a friend. i now just bought a original copy from ebay (not classic) backed it up (wxripper) and patched it (everything worked fine).  now i just need to burn this and try it, but i dont have any dl dvd+r left.

PS: tell me what happens with the 4548 kernel? i mainly bought the 360 for linux and homebrew, and dont want to end up not using it :-D

PPS: i tried it 3times with my old image and always took the kk-patch from a different site.

This post has been edited by Sonic-NKT: May 15 2007, 12:45 PM

stivheys

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 12:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(Sonic-NKT @ May 15 2007, 12:42 PM) View Post

hi,
i have a German Pal Xbox360 Core, 4532 Kernel, hitachi drive.
i dont know which kingkong version i tried, got a copy from a friend. i now just bought a original copy from ebay (not classic) backed it up (wxripper) and patched it (everything worked fine).  now i just need to burn this and try it, but i dont have any dl dvd+r left.

PS: tell me what happens with the 4548 kernel? i mainly bought the 360 for linux and homebrew, and dont want to end up not using it :-D

PPS: i tried it 3times with my old image and always took the kk-patch from a different site.

what firmware are you using im using a sammy ms28 with 4.2 is it worth trying 5.x? as i have the same problem used up like 15 dl's now grrrrrrrr

Sonic-NKT

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 05:18:00 AM »

i dont know which firmware i am using sad.gif bought it allready flashed. but i didnt had any problems with it yet.

zero_defekz

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »

I'm having the same problem as well... heres my specs:

I am using 4532 kernal
I have tried two seperate backup files.  (They were pal I believe.)  
I am using ntsc xbox 360.  
My backups boot before patch but not after.  
If I patch it says patch ok but I hang at black screen.
Hitachi drive

This is a "repaired" drive - using the technique that RBJ created for replacing the clamps - it boots up now and such, i just really want to throw linux on this....

Is there a specific place i should start troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by zero_defekz: May 16 2007, 08:21 PM

jacksback

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 01:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(BlueCop @ May 15 2007, 04:29 AM) View Post

I too am having the exact same problem. here is in detail what i tried

took my old spare 360 and update with the HD_DVD_10-2006 to get to 4532.
updated the hitachi drive firmware 47dj to the latest extreme 1.7 jitter firmware.
tested out my backup copy of king kong and everything ran fine.
took the iso image of king kong and patched it in windows and it said the patch was ok
(md5 of patched image 53EF26A814140DA0D68EE2D4763012BF)
burned and verified with imgburn with layer break at 1913760(like i do all my backups)
tried it in the 360 and only get a blank screen. it sounds like its reading for about 5 seconds then stops with the disc still spining and then just freezes indefinitely. i let it sit there maybe 10 minutes. i also tried other games on the exact same media burned with the same burner and they all work fine on this console.

i then tried swaping out the hitachi drive with a spare samsung i had. i matched the keys and patched to report as a hitachi drive.
tested with other burned games and it worked fine.
i then tried king kong and it acts the exact same way as before.
I reverified the burn against my patched image and it was all ok.

so i am stumped. i don't know what i am going wrong on. can you guys having problems post kernel, drive model and which version hacked firmware you are using. also it would be nice to have a md5 of the king kong image you burned to check against someones working image.

oh i almost forgot. this is a us ntsc machine with a king kong ntsc orginal release not the new classic.

if anyone can help me and the other people out. big thanks

Edit: things i am going to try

1. Rerip, repatch, and reburn image and test on both drives.
2. try updating to 4548 vulnerable kernel(i don't think this should matter though)

Everything you have explained happens when you run the patched King Kong game on the Unhackable 4552 Kernel which leads me to believe your current Kernel is having issues

Sounds like you did everything right when patching the game. The only thing different to me is the Kernel Version. I am on 4548 (Used Gears of War to update)

Once you press start in the King Kong game the screen should start to load just showing the ocean and the boats (Dark Scene). Your DVD drive should then flash and eject.

Let us know if the kernel update helps

Sonic-NKT

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 03:33:00 AM »

i though on the 4552 kernel it would just freeze in the menu but the disc should start, we have the problem that the disc dont work at all and we all have the right kernel.
tomorrow my new DLs should come, if those wont work either then i can only try the 4548 kernel. can someone upload that for me?
Pages: [1] 2 3