xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Why Does This Happen?  (Read 81 times)

zc_squash

• Archived User
Why Does This Happen?
« on: April 19, 2007, 04:54:00 AM »

Hey all,

i was playing my 360 a while (5 minutes or so) before this occured (see photos attached). And this happens consistently now.

EDIT: Sorry the link wasnt working. here is the working one:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/zc_squash/al...quash/my_photos

My 360 was modded by someone else so i did not know what mod did he used, but i think it is the Xtreme Flash Mod.
I went on Xbox Live last nite and hence i updated the 360. Was that a bad mistake? Or it was something else that causes these crashes? Please help. sad
When that happens, the controller freezes. None of the buttons are responsive. The power button LED is in green (no Rings of Death).
By the way, it happens to both backup discs and original discs.

openxdkman

• Archived User
Why Does This Happen?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 09:33:00 AM »

It's the "standard" (and denied) accelerated withering of all xbox360's...
A little more heat softens epoxy, mother board flexes, soldering suffers... ring of death soon.
Look for the "X clamps removal" tutorial. It seems that the full operation fixes 98% of dead consoles (or prevents their death).
(a little overheating to fix soldering and removal of metal pieces that make the epoxy flex)

This post has been edited by openxdkman: Apr 24 2007, 04:44 PM

Famine78

• Archived User
Why Does This Happen?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 12:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(openxdkman @ Apr 24 2007, 11:04 AM) *

It's the "standard" (and denied) accelerated withering of all xbox360's...
A little more heat softens epoxy, mother board flexes, soldering suffers... ring of death soon.
Look for the "X clamps removal" tutorial. It seems that the full operation fixes 98% of dead consoles (or prevents their death).
(a little overheating to fix soldering and removal of metal pieces that make the epoxy flex)

For sure...  Oddly, this started happening to me that exact weekend.  I can safely say that the xclamp replacement werked for me.