xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Exploit, Maybe?  (Read 92 times)

Shauneh

• Archived User
Exploit, Maybe?
« on: January 05, 2007, 08:40:00 PM »

Ok, this is a long shot but recently the guy who origianlly hacked the DMR Protection on WMA has developed a way to insert coding into a MP3 file, he sold his idea to some organisation who is now seeking legal action to use it to use it to produce a songs taht can send information regarding the contents on the 'clients' computer and relay it to the server. Now if this where possible wouldn't it make it possible to run code from within an MP3 file within the kiosk disk. Maybe with one of the King Kong shaders like in the video shown to us on the X-S main page?

This is on a theory i have no clue about running 360 coding, but i am aware that it is possible to do within a computer.

Comment please.

--
Shaun  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)

Sorry for any spelling mistakes (if any).

No_Name

• Archived User
Exploit, Maybe?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 12:39:00 AM »

IF IT IS NOT SIGNED IT WONT RUN

Sorry to shout but a little reading would have told you that.

Speedy2005

• Archived User
Exploit, Maybe?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 10:07:00 AM »

So everytime u play a MP3 file in the xbox dashboard off a pen drive, u pre-sign it with microsofts key?

No you dont. This could work

No_Name

• Archived User
Exploit, Maybe?
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 11:42:00 AM »

No, if the code embedded in the file is not signed the 360 will not be allowed to run it.

Even if you tried this the 360 would ignore the code or not even play the file and see it as corrupt

luther349

• Archived User
Exploit, Maybe?
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 04:45:00 AM »

maybe not. i relly dought a 360 checks keys on mp3 files. it wouldent expect it and it just might work. but lets be honest it would be a softwhere hack and it would get patched fast.

SRI-Sajuuk

• Archived User
Exploit, Maybe?
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 06:25:00 AM »

Yeah, i highly doubt that the 360 checks every file that is User imported, Especially non-modders Media, Who only put music, pics, and videos on the System. And Obviously its not signed, so, it has to run it.

However, like No_name is right, If it comes along a Program inside the mp3 file, it will ignore it definitely. Im betting someone already tried it to.